Whippet or lurcher?

See this is my point, why have a whippet when a lurcher does the same and more?

because they come in blue :whistling:

But they are £600 :thumbs:

last one i had cost me £50 and a pint of guiness :laugh:

I used to think highly of you. And now I learn you gave up a pint of guiness, gods liquid, for a blue whippet?!?

Shame on you.

:laugh:

she was fast lady from meliden, out of silkcut lady and sooty sam the first litter sam sired back in 1994 :laugh:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's bull/whip/grey x beddy/grey baw, a real flyer tbh and one of the fastest dogs I've owned.

A great little dog and I would say the most entertaining dog I have seen to run rabbits either night or day. But in all seriousness would it physically stand lamping several nights a week in the winte

Baw , you fooking philistine ,get yourself a whippet ,enjoy the poetry and beauty a decent whippet will bring to your life , stand back in amazment while the little warrior does his thing efficiently

Posted Images

the right whippet from the right breeding is a cracking little hunting dog but i like a dog around the 25 to 26 tts mark so it would be lurcher everytime for me . i did have a pedigree whippet a big one has it happens when i was in my early teens .the thing with it is i like my dogs to be able to run what ever comes in front of them .pre ban of course . :whistling:

Edited by boyo
  • Like 1

I used to think highly of you. And now I learn you gave up a pint of guiness, gods liquid, for a blue whippet?!?

Shame on you.

she was fast lady from meliden, out of silkcut lady and sooty sam the first litter sam sired back in 1994 :laugh:

1994? I was only 5 :laugh: :laugh:

Shame on you.

1994? I was only 5 :laugh: :laugh:

i was 30 ish :whistling:

i remember someone trying to argue with me about whippet V lurcher as an all round dog ...

i kindly fecked him off , especialy when he started bragging about what his dog could do ..

there's no way anyone with half a brain cell would say what he was saying and expect to be believed :laugh:

to be fair, that little blue bitch was mustard around nets and picking up bolters she never gave a false mark once, she was the only dog ive owned that would crown a layed up ferret, she had the heart of a lion but her body didnt match it. i still have a soft spot for whippets and fair play to the lads that run them. :thumbs:

Baw , you fooking philistine ,get yourself a whippet ,enjoy the poetry and beauty a decent whippet will bring to your life , stand back in amazment while the little warrior does his thing efficiently , but with style and grace , enjoy your evenings by the fireside with a loyal , non demanding friend , watch a whippet in full flight , determined , but flowing like running water , elegant as a ballet dancer , and tell me you,v seen a finer sight in the field .

• Like 3

My 3/4 whip 1/4 beddy, is without doubt limited due to her size, she turns her hand to all aspects of rabbiting but in my eyes that what she is a rabbiting dog, you would be foolish in my eyes to think a 19" light weight dog could carry out the same sort of work as a 25" purpose bred lurcher..... But around the ferrets or on the lamp she always puts a few in the bag....... It sounds to me Baw that your first love requires a bigger dog....

• Like 1
:) Stan the man, that's what excites me right there, the speed. I love watching a fast animal over a slow one and they do look quick. But, I've had my fair share of speed bomb lurchers too. You give a good case for the whippet Stan and I'm starting to realize its maybe a required taste lol. Here my little cow pat lover, did you write that article and where can I see it :)