Gary mason

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had my daughter round today so got her to put a pic up......this is why im too embarrassed to post any .......this sorry looking bunch was from Repton abc 1976........the one in the middle row on the

I went to his funeral last year you prick who the f**k are you to call anyone a joke after some of the bollocks your coming out with..........he was British champion what have you ever been British ch

Mine have fled the nest and my mrs is thick as arseholes ...anyway nothing to rant and rave about just a bunch of sweaty geezers trying to look hard

hi

1976 i remember it well,freaking roasting summer!

nice pic buddy :thumbs:

sad to here about Gary mason,shame!

i diverse but summer 76 -- i was working nights i used to sleep in the day on a sun lounger in the garden the tan lasted 2 years :thumbs:

Gnasher is your son in law in the army involved with boxing on a battalion level ?

He,s not Socks no........think my daughter tried to steer clear of my sort :D ...........cracking lad though so doesnt matter.

I was just thinking that it would be brilliant for the young boxers to have somebody with your contacts involved with them ... A lot of talent goes to waste in battalions because nobody sees the potential .........

might have been british,commonwelth and euro at some stage --i saw him fight laing..

He fought Honeyghan for the European must of been 84 or 85.... in training for it they often turned up at the same gym Bobby Neil would often phone over to make sure the coast was clear :D........Mittee was such a laid back sort of chap yet Honeyghan was the complete opposite he could start a fight in an empty room.

gnash was kaylor out of that gym ? i think it was on the bruno bugner undercard i saw christie kaylor --- was the hatred geniune or a ticket seller .. Edited by the_stig

gnashwas kaylor out of that gym ? i think it was on the bruno bugner undercard i saw christie kaylor --- was the hatred geniune or a ticket seller ..

Oh it was real alright......Mark would probably get beheaded for it in todays times he referred to his skin colour which started it all off.........their fight was a few years before Bruno - Bugner though ive got an idea Kaylor might of been on the undercard.........................Kaylor - Christie was at Wembley Arena,.....no Kaylor never went to Repton he started at the army cadets believe it or not then went to Shell and onto Fitzroy Lodge if i remember right.

gnasher is the heavyweight villain the big colored lad standing at the back or you ? :D

if it is him is he one of the valentines tommy or tony ? its quiet a good picture actualy

arse licker :bad:

Yeah, get a room :air_kiss:

I used to work with Ray winstons cousin a lad called Tom lucy it was a poxy job in a factory on the Isle of Dogs in the east end, we used to box in our dinner hour in an old warehouse he broke me nose lol still bent to this day i do believe he went on to become a hollywood stuntman i heard Ray mention it on a radio interview years ago.

Had my daughter round today so got her to put a pic up......this is why im too embarrassed to post any .......this sorry looking bunch was from Repton abc 1976........the one in the middle row on the right is me looking like a trainee serial killer :icon_redface: .......theres a few other reasonably well known kids dont know if anyone will recognise them.......theres an ex world champion,a few aba champions,the father of a world class fighter, an ex heavyweight villain ( Tuffty you may possibly recognise him as your from the manor.....not to say you keep that sort of company of course )....a universally famous actor......oh and an average ex fighter and all round good guy....me :D

repton_zps750d3ee1.jpg

Sorry about the size of the picture couldnt quite suss that !

f**k me son, you look cheerful !! Lol lol

Interesting ,did you spar with them both then?

I did indeed......and a few others Funso Banjo,Trevor Curry......and the one who hit harder than all of them was Horace Notice but he wasnt quite big enough......Horace was like a smaller version of Bruno if he,d had a bit more size to him he,d of been a top fighter in my opinion......Bruno and Mason with the big 12 ounce gloves on even if you blocked the punch they could still get you over.......it was a strong gym back then Andries,Kaylor,Watt,Pyatt,Magri,Jimmy Batten,Honeyghan,Laing when he felt like it !

Kirkland Laing ! that fella could have been up there with the best for a long time if he was a "little less social" and I always liked Chris Pyatt, a real nice fella and a good fighter too

met Honeygan once as well and thought he was bloody awful, he needed a body three times the size to hold his head up but he could move and had very fast hands

And Horace was and is a real gentleman, I still see him now and then and he's a plasterer now