Gary mason

Kirkland Laing ! that fella could have been up there with the best for a long time if he was a "little less social" and I always liked Chris Pyatt, a real nice fella and a good fighter too

met Honeygan once as well and thought he was bloody awful, he needed a body three times the size to hold his head up but he could move and had very fast hands

And Horace was and is a real gentleman, I still see him now and then and he's a plasterer now

Blimey i havent seen Horace for probably 20 years he was technically the best heavyweight in the gym he just never carried the weight.......Honeyghan was a very good fighter in every department he could do it all the excuses Don Curry made were terrible Lloyd mullered him and would of done on that day or any other everything just clicked for him..... his downfall was women think he had about 7 kids by as many different birds youd see him walking down the Walworth Rd with one on each arm and a couple trailing behind.........Kirkland Laings thing to wind everyone up was to spar with a big joint behind his ear i dont think i ever saw it move thats how quick he was.....then he,d go sit in the corner and smoke it before his roadwork,funny character.

. Great memorys. Honeygan fought the fight of his lifethat night even duff was smiling carnt beat old photos

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had my daughter round today so got her to put a pic up......this is why im too embarrassed to post any .......this sorry looking bunch was from Repton abc 1976........the one in the middle row on the

I went to his funeral last year you prick who the f**k are you to call anyone a joke after some of the bollocks your coming out with..........he was British champion what have you ever been British ch

Mine have fled the nest and my mrs is thick as arseholes ...anyway nothing to rant and rave about just a bunch of sweaty geezers trying to look hard

Great memorys. Honeygan fought the fight of his lifethat night even duff was smiling carnt beat old photos

He might of been smiling but he had nothing to do with that win i always said it was maybe the best win of any British fighter abroad in history.....and it was all down to Bobby Neil....Lloyd was a hard man to train as he was so headstrong but Bobby got him in the condition of his life.......one of the nicest Jocks ive ever met he gave me a big collection of fight films years ago as he knew my ol fella well......Duff took a lot of credit where it wasnt due him that fight.....familiar story with him !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Great memorys. Honeygan fought the fight of his lifethat night even duff was smiling carnt beat old photos

He might of been smiling but he had nothing to do with that win i always said it was maybe the best win of any British fighter abroad in history.....and it was all down to Bobby Neil....Lloyd was a hard man to train as he was so headstrong but Bobby got him in the condition of his life.......one of the nicest Jocks ive ever met he gave me a big collection of fight films years ago as he knew my ol fella well......Duff took a lot of credit where it wasnt due him that fight.....familiar story with him !

is the old barsteaward still about gnash , ive got about 50 vhs vids of boxing no vhs player though lol

is the old barsteaward still about gnash , ive got about 50 vhs vids of boxing no vhs player though lol

This is a load of cine reel things i did start collecting them years ago but gave up when dvd,s came out...............yes Duffs still hanging in there not in great health he,s in a care home now ( a Jewish one of course ) nut then he must be into his 80,s now.

This is a load of cine reel things i did start collecting them years ago but gave up when dvd,s came out...............yes Duffs still hanging in there not in great health he,s in a care home now ( a Jewish one of course ) nut then he must be into his 80,s now.

think ive said it before but his book is worth a read , go and get them copied gnash to dvd and the british museam would love to see them for there achive. I bet

think ive said it before but his book is worth a read , go and get them copied gnash to dvd and the british museam would love to see them for there achive. I bet

He only actually gave me a couple because my ol fella was on them but after i continually pestered him for more he gave me the lot just to shut me up i think :D .....tried over the years to get some more of the ol man but didnt have much success a few good chaps off here tried to help me a few years back with little joy that was when i decided to pass them on to my lad....dont think he,s ever looked at them but might be worth something in a few hundred years !

Always a pleasure to read your informed, intelligent posts Gnasher,,,,,,one of the two or three names I seek out to read on here!

The feelings mutual sir even in this cyber world its still sometimes easy to seek out interesting folk,hence i keep an eye out for the rare times you post.........i guess i just have more time on my hands than you :D

• Like 1