Gary mason

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had my daughter round today so got her to put a pic up......this is why im too embarrassed to post any .......this sorry looking bunch was from Repton abc 1976........the one in the middle row on the

I went to his funeral last year you prick who the f**k are you to call anyone a joke after some of the bollocks your coming out with..........he was British champion what have you ever been British ch

Mine have fled the nest and my mrs is thick as arseholes ...anyway nothing to rant and rave about just a bunch of sweaty geezers trying to look hard

Kirkland Laing ! that fella could have been up there with the best for a long time if he was a "little less social" and I always liked Chris Pyatt, a real nice fella and a good fighter too

met Honeygan once as well and thought he was bloody awful, he needed a body three times the size to hold his head up but he could move and had very fast hands

And Horace was and is a real gentleman, I still see him now and then and he's a plasterer now

Blimey i havent seen Horace for probably 20 years he was technically the best heavyweight in the gym he just never carried the weight.......Honeyghan was a very good fighter in every department he could do it all the excuses Don Curry made were terrible Lloyd mullered him and would of done on that day or any other everything just clicked for him..... his downfall was women think he had about 7 kids by as many different birds youd see him walking down the Walworth Rd with one on each arm and a couple trailing behind.........Kirkland Laings thing to wind everyone up was to spar with a big joint behind his ear i dont think i ever saw it move thats how quick he was.....then he,d go sit in the corner and smoke it before his roadwork,funny character.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Kirkland Laing ! that fella could have been up there with the best for a long time if he was a "little less social" and I always liked Chris Pyatt, a real nice fella and a good fighter too

met Honeygan once as well and thought he was bloody awful, he needed a body three times the size to hold his head up but he could move and had very fast hands

And Horace was and is a real gentleman, I still see him now and then and he's a plasterer now

Blimey i havent seen Horace for probably 20 years he was technically the best heavyweight in the gym he just never carried the weight.......Honeyghan was a very good fighter in every department he could do it all but his downfall was women think he had about 7 kids by as many different birds youd see him walking down the Walworth Rd with one on each arm and a couple trailing behind.........Kirkland Laings thing to wind everyone up was to spar with a big joint behind his ear i dont think i ever saw it move thats how quick he was.....then he,d go sit in the corner and smoke it before his roadwork,funny character.

There you go mate, memories.

Bet your smiling like a cheshire cat :thumbs:

TUFFTY

Not sure about that mate i wasnt as good as the other lads remember, my memories were going home with busted nose and ribs every other week :D

Yeah but you fcuking loved it didnt you.

As you wouldnt of kept going back for more :thumbs:

Sort out some more pictures when the daughter is round next,

would be great to see :thumbs:

TUFFTY

Edited by TUFFTY

gnash there was a fella from near me called david pearce i think he was british heavyweight champ did your paths ever cross ?

Welsh boy wasnt he ?......Yes he was a decent fighter better than me.....wasnt he from a big family of fighting brothers if i remember right...never swapped punches with him but met quite a few times at different gyms and shows............sad to hear of his death some time back i cant remember how he died but terrible waste could only of been in his late 30,s

he was from a newport mate plenty of brothers into boxing went to same gym as him though he was retired by then used to see him about all the time ,first time i ever saw him he had just won the british champs and i was on the bus with my mate and his mum and dave and his mate were pissed as farts lol and called me and my mate over and showed us vhis lonsdale belt lol believe it or not the toughist brother was a dancer ...

Any idea how he died ? or if infact he did die ?...................maybe my memory is playing tricks with me but im sure i remember someone telling me must of been 10 years ago now.

im sure it was an epilectic fit if my memory serves me right .he was 41 .he was a real throwback was dai .as tough as teak