justice at last

I agree. Contrary to what the armchair lawyers in their ivory towers are saying, if the government can turn a blind eye to this guy using all sorts of weapons doing their dirty work all over the world, they can cut him some slack on this.

• Like 3

He's still got 12 months suspended sentence, I think anything above a caution is harsh considering the circumstances. Not sure why he had a 'large' amount of ammunition though......

maybe he knows what the rag head have planned

Great to see him free , now hope his conviction is Quashed so he can either get back to work or take early retirement on medical grounds , cause if anyone deserves that outcome he does , enough scrounges takin off this Government but this man would be the exception as he has more than served his Country , good luck to him and his family .

• Like 1

Absolutely agree with all the sentiments here, but just play devils advocate for a minute it would have been a very different public opinion if he had some kind of mental problems and walked into a school with that gun and 300 rounds!!

I knew a few lads that could have brought back a few " momentos" from the first gulf war but everyone and I mean everyone knows its a big no no.

There's no place for unlicensed firearms under any circumstances, you need to know where they are and who has got them.

• Like 1

He should just have had a slap on the wrist in my opinion , Different story if it had got on to the street or been used in an illegal manner . Hes a fecking hero ffs :censored: Fair play to him for saying a few words outside court afterwards even after he was asked not to :thumbs:

• Like 2

Absolutely agree with all the sentiments here, but just play devils advocate for a minute it would have been a very different public opinion if he had some kind of mental problems and walked into a school with that gun and 300 rounds!!

I knew a few lads that could have brought back a few " momentos" from the first gulf war but everyone and I mean everyone knows its a big no no.

There's no place for unlicensed firearms under any circumstances, you need to know where they are and who has got them.

weapons have been brought back from every conflict britian has been involved in, at one point they were known as the spoils of war, i seen everything from ak`s to artilary pieces outside messes and on walls, the only thing that has changed in recent times is our attitude to firearms mainly due to the media. the mod has not reacted quick enough as it could of easily set up a voluntary deactivation scheme for aquired firearms years ago. as for illegally held firearms, last year 58 people were killed in britian by illegally held firearms thats 1 in roughly 1,000,000 is the problem as big as we think and has the problems with firearms got worse since we opened our borders to all and sundry. there are still no figures available for crimes commited with legally held firearms and yet its usually the legal shooter who pays the price for new legislation thats introduced after an incident with an ilegally held firearm.