Entering to fox

DSC01345-1.jpg

thats how i entered my dog (legal here in NI)

he was slipped on his own at a week or 2 before his 2nd birthday which is also the start of my hunting season sept/oct , he gave the fox some run turning it half a dozen times before striking as the fox tried to go through the hedge , being the first dog ive brought on from a pup to take fox it was all heart stopping stuff to watch and wonder if he was going to do it or not :thumbs:

good job :thumbs:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats how i entered my dog (legal here in NI) he was slipped on his own at a week or 2 before his 2nd birthday which is also the start of my hunting season sept/oct , he gave the fox some run turning

My first bitch was entered at 18 months, i knew she was well bred and had the pedigree to take foxes, but you never know until the job is completed,, even if the dog was to attack the fox and feel the

You got more chance of making a dog at 2yr old when he's fully developed mentally,physically & had a season of rabbiting under its belt than you will at 12 months old that hasn't seen much & h

Posted Images

You got more chance of making a dog at 2yr old when he's fully developed mentally,physically & had a season of rabbiting under its belt than you will at 12 months old that hasn't seen much & he's still puppyish not matured & developed to the full there's to many people ruining dogs by entering them to young & the wrong way & wonder why they jib that's atb cbx

• Like 5

You got more chance of making a dog at 2yr old when he's fully developed mentally,physically & had a season of rabbiting under its belt than you will at 12 months old that hasn't seen much & he's still puppyish not matured & developed to the full there's to many people ruining dogs by entering them to young & the wrong way & wonder why they jib that's atb cbx

Luckly i dont have to worry bout bans on the red lol. My big dog got now took his 1st 1 when he was bout 13/14mths wasnt even slipped at it was walkn through woodlands buttom of my street.

Rounded a corner and was walkn towards us wif out care in world tell seen us and sh#t a brick turnd heel and run but the dog was of lead and went after him catchn and killn it was well chuffed tha was first red my wee man seen been addicted to it ever since

very true mate

good dogs start young shit dogs don't

so what happens when a young dog is overfaced ?

so what happens when a young dog is overfaced ?

good pups make good adults...........

not for me i am afraid. i have seen young dogs spoilt by entering to early, yet to see one spoilt by entering later on..

iv seen dogs ruined by being held back..... if its gonna work itll work, if its gonna thrrow towel in an quit it will at any age, no matter the quarry,, start them young, build there confidence an hey presto... we all got oor own ways :thumbs:

• Like 1