Entering to fox

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats how i entered my dog (legal here in NI) he was slipped on his own at a week or 2 before his 2nd birthday which is also the start of my hunting season sept/oct , he gave the fox some run turning

My first bitch was entered at 18 months, i knew she was well bred and had the pedigree to take foxes, but you never know until the job is completed,, even if the dog was to attack the fox and feel the

You got more chance of making a dog at 2yr old when he's fully developed mentally,physically & had a season of rabbiting under its belt than you will at 12 months old that hasn't seen much & h

Posted Images

this will be good, on the other thread folk are sayin no matter the type any lurcher brought on [bANNED TEXT] will take fox, so id like to find out what exactly is the way to bring a pup on to ensure it takes ole foxy lol

I think any type of lurcher will kill a fox , but the breeding as to be there and then it as to be entered correctly

My first bitch was entered at 18 months, i knew she was well bred and had the pedigree to take foxes, but you never know until the job is completed,, even if the dog was to attack the fox and feel the sharp end would the dog continue,,, thankfully my bitch DID! from then on her pups at the same age would of been entered with their mother to show them the way,,, i would do this on the lamp and at the dig.. And most of all i would judge the dog myself on how it handled the fox,, not let some gobshite tell me otherwise.

• Like 6

i think the most important factor here is giving the dog time to mature and not enter them too young , the dog might be 20 million tts but if hes not got the testosterone and the want to kill in him yet then he could be very easily sickened and put off when the ole ginga ninja takes hold. me personally i rather start a young dog on them around the end of august when theyre big cubs but not to much for a young dog so the dogs confidence grows with the rest of the season no point in taking the dog out to take a beating when ya would rather keep him winning. ya dont stick a novice fighter in the ring with a professional do ya

• Like 3

stop it chid lol, even a litter bred off proven fox dogs an entered your way will throw culls, its as easy as that no matter how ye dress it up...

where am i saying they wont be culls?

not once have i said every lurcher will make a fox dog , ive said any type will make a fox dog , aslong as the breeding is there and there entered correctly ,

i think the most important factor here is giving the dog time to mature and not enter them too young , the dog might be 20 million tts but if hes not got the testosterone and the want to kill in him yet then he could be very easily sickened and put off when the ole ginga ninja takes hold. me personally i rather start a young dog on them around the end of august when theyre big cubs but not to much for a young dog so the dogs confidence grows with the rest of the season no point in taking the dog out to take a beating when ya would rather keep him winning. ya dont stick a novice fighter in the ring with a professional do ya