Versatile Deerhound X's

This is my 3/4 greyhound 1/4 deerhound, same sire as my dhgh x dhgh puppy in other pic

post-21842-0-86528800-1353772184.jpg

post-21842-0-12680600-1353772207.jpg

I have always liked that ruff on the side of the neck of DeerhoundX's, they dont seem as prominent on other crosses that I have noticed. Is it something that is a feature of the breed? or am I talking rubbish! (if total rubbish polite answers only)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A deerhound/collie/greyhound lurcher..

this is my bitch she done most mate deer x grey beddy wippet grey  

What i would say mate if your wanting to get one is dont be too concerned with the exact cross and the specific mix of whats in it and how much etc. Just make sure that the parents are working and doi

Posted Images

This is my 3/4 greyhound 1/4 deerhound, same sire as my dhgh x dhgh puppy in other pic

post-21842-0-86528800-1353772184.jpg

post-21842-0-12680600-1353772207.jpg

I have always liked that ruff on the side of the neck of DeerhoundX's, they dont seem as prominent on other crosses that I have noticed. Is it something that is a feature of the breed? or am I talking rubbish! (if total rubbish polite answers only)

yer I like it aswell have only ever seen it on deerhound crosses

Cheers lampalurcher, I think it must be more prominent on the DH X's than other lurchers. On some of them with a smoothish head and a thick haired body it can make the head look really small in contrast to the neck and body though.

Edited by redpat1
  • 2 weeks later...
Back in the 80,s and 90,s deerhound grey x collie grey was a very popular cross and produced some real nice type,s :thumbs: Atb

I have just that type of lurcher & she's a very versatile worker. I intend to put another Hancock x Deerhound over her to replace my aged first cross Collie x Greyhound bitch (In her day she was good on the lamp & a perfect ferreter's dog) :thumbs:

• Like 1

my bitch 29"

IMAG0538.jpg

mother was a dhxgreyhound (doxhope line) x collie grey,

turned out quite abit bigger than expected, but none the less a lovely bitch to train and have around. Blistering speed, very agile,leaps like a horse over anything. very calm and placid untill shes out and off the lead lol

when the time comes id like to through some more dh in the blood, as i think she has the deerhound temperament that suits me down to the ground.

but we will see :) atb lads

• Like 6

Getting her out on some tidy ground on the 13th (New moon) lol hopefully the ground will soften up, abit of wind too. Should.be good to go, but whenever does it work like that ehh lol

Good luck mate, nothing but frozen fields up here :censored: so mine are staying in the kennels but had some fun with the terriers :toast:

It's like that mate round here, frozen rock hard fields lol hoping by then though they soften up a bit lol fingers crossed. Ordering new lamp tomorrow or next day, u reckon 400m beam is ample init? Looking at the 140 see. Sorry to go off topic lol

Yes they are good little lamps, I'm fixing one up and sending it to a member off here as I use the dinner plate lamps ;)

So worth getting then. Or the 170 a better bet? I'm not getting the lightforce either. Got told the tracer the same but better wiring. Mind you, 400m beam, say 50m slip, I hope she f*****g catches it before 400metres away lol atb bear

The 170 is better for the big rabbits :angel: , if I hadn't promised my friend the little lamp you could of had it :thumbs:

Deben done away with lightforce but there new lamps is the same casing but better wiring :laugh:

Edited by BEARINATOR