• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A deerhound/collie/greyhound lurcher..

this is my bitch she done most mate deer x grey beddy wippet grey  

What i would say mate if your wanting to get one is dont be too concerned with the exact cross and the specific mix of whats in it and how much etc. Just make sure that the parents are working and doi

Posted Images

bill can you reconise this stamp on head

a true doxhope well % wise close hey

Now; Bill might shoot me down in flames over this... BUT, in my mind, there is to much "stop" over the eye line and the nose, and the ear carriage isn't right, for this to be the "Doxhope" look !! It's nose almost has that "Roman" look, but not quite. Of course it could be Doxhope bred, and be a grand dog, but to me, it hasn't got that "Doxhope Deerhound" look ! Not that matters one iota in a dogs performance !!

Cheers.

Now; Bill might shoot me down in flames over this... BUT, in my mind, there is to much "stop" over the eye line and the nose, and the ear carriage isn't right, for this to be the "Doxhope" look !! It's nose almost has that "Roman" look, but not quite. Of course it could be Doxhope bred, and be a grand dog, but to me, it hasn't got that "Doxhope Deerhound" look ! Not that matters one iota in a dogs performance !!

Cheers.

No your totally right matei, dont know if you seen my reply to Gibbo, maybe didnt write it down properly

A bit dip on the nose, slighter rise to the brow and lower ear carridge and its nearly there matie..eyes too are not quite Doxhope..have a look at the head study of chartis...

Nice looking animal though..dont forget the last one we bred was in 2001/2002, so those knocking about now will have less of the original stuff in..

All the things you mentioned above are correct. nose, stop, ear carridge but also the eyes..are not quite Doxhope

A great example of typical Doxhope head, is yours, thats why I directed Gibbo. to your top image on the page with two of your pics on..

Like you say, its not a trait that is going to make the dog any better in the field, aesthetics in some case can be part of function, but doubt head shape..

Edited by Romany
  • Like 2
Guest thebigdog

If I thought I could get away with what Miss Noble did; I'd put this bitch to the best working Deerhound I could find, and try to get Deerhounds back to what they were, and should be !! But age and times would more than likely prevent that ! LOL !

camping036-1.jpg

Cheers.

said many times before, but that is one stunning bitch. cracking photo too.