land rover for 17 yr old?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your only 17 fellah the insureance will cripple you for a landy or any 4x4 really... Unless you really NEED a 4x4 id go for a nice diesel estate or little van for your self at least for a few more yrs

If you've got £4000 to spare for a years insurance then crack on mate, if not i'd think yourself lucky you got a set of wheels as there aren't many lads your age that can afford a motor

get a re built 90 over 25 years old and get classic insurance, depending on the miles you do it could be a way round it, theres plenty about as at this age there ok to export to the states atb 2.8

I quite like discos but had a defender 110, never again, uncomfortable to drive, expensive to run and not all that reliable. At 17 the insurance will be stupid and not worth it it imo, if you are determined to own a 4x4 then as suggested, get a vitara, unless money is no object.............

i would expect a mod to know its called "lurcher and sighthound discussion"

Maybe it's been moved, but the first time I saw this thread it is in the 'general talk' section where it is now.. I can fecking read! :doh::laugh:

I'm 6 foot 2 an I can drive comfortable enough so unless your a lard arse should be grand job

You can get seat sliders that you bolt between the seat & the floor ,easy to fit & cheap to buy . These will give you 3 more inches of room making more comfotable .

alright lads basically i REALLY want a land rover! i could use it for a work van, and it would come in handy for when i take the dogs out, which is alot. but the only thing is im only 17 yr old :( i have a corsa atm and its f*****g up all the time and i really cant be bothered with it anymore, i dont think ill be able to get a land rover but im just wondering what you guys think? its just the insurance that is worrying because of the size of there engines, i was looking at discovery 2 lites, what do u lads think? cheers

alright lads basically i REALLY want a land rover! i could use it for a work van, and it would come in handy for when i take the dogs out, which is alot. but the only thing is im only 17 yr old :( i have a corsa atm and its f*****g up all the time and i really cant be bothered with it anymore, i dont think ill be able to get a land rover but im just wondering what you guys think? its just the insurance that is worrying because of the size of there engines, i was looking at discovery 2 lites, what do u lads think? cheers

hi luke was out lastnight in defender 90 stuck in mud for 4 hours and had to get draged out of field but its the joys of off roading in landys but was good till then plenty good runs