Working without a slip lead.

Was for a walk to night with the 2 dogs no slips out the back door and walked past 2 big girls about 30 feet away no problem the young pup was wondering what was going on but I just said YOU and she got the message . The other dog must of been saying come on ya knob hurry up lol but no chance of that rabbits only for me . So I'm in control of my dogs if all that makes sence

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prefer to use a slip, don,t really want the dog chasing lost causes..

a dog that works of the slip and a rabbit jumps near it and does not chase unless given a comand will eventually start to pick its runs wether it be in its 2nd 3rd or 4th season ...it will start to c

I admire a man and dog that can TRULY work without a slip ! I was out last night, local, just me and two of the dogs. I worked them individualy, from the slip on the way out; but on the way back I h

Was for a walk to night with the 2 dogs no slips out the back door and walked past 2 big girls about 30 feet away no problem the young pup was wondering what was going on but I just said YOU and she got the message . The other dog must of been saying come on ya knob hurry up lol but no chance of that rabbits only for me . So I'm in control of my dogs if all that makes sence

as clear as mud :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

I find takeing them out in day time ,, getting to no each other,, and communicating togeather,,,some dogs chaps, take there dogs from the kennel,, on the lead and then slip,,,thats all the dog knows,,,

clear as mud too lol

as clear as mud :laugh::thumbs:

I knew it made sence )

i can do both with Bryn, give him couple runs of the slip when the start of the night, then work loose, what ever way he dont miss that much. In the day always loose as he as great nose, will find it if it got a pulse lol

I find takeing them out in day time ,, getting to no each other,, and communicating togeather,,,some dogs chaps, take there dogs from the kennel,, on the lead and then slip,,,thats all the dog knows,,,

clear as mud too lol

thats a different language..... ;):laugh:

)

I work mine both ways on the lamp, the thing is, only off slip in certain spots and situations, as I'd agree with whats been said. Off slip is when only on my own too and i wouldn't dream of it when walking two dogs (to be honest I have hardly ever taken two dogs lamping on my own, it's a fecking pain to me!).

I work mine both ways on the lamp, the thing is, only off slip in certain spots and situations, as I'd agree with whats been said. Off slip is when only on my own too and i wouldn't dream of it when walking two dogs (to be honest I have hardly ever taken two dogs lamping on my own, it's a fecking pain to me!).

thats why god gave you 2 hands with 5 digits on each ffs :laugh:

Was out last night with a mate and he commented that he'd never seen a dog work properly at night without a slip like mine. Now obviously when theres a few of you slips are a must but how many people can truly say there dog can be worked on the lamp without a need for the lead ? Opinions please ? ATB

Both mine can... Never really thought of it as any big deal.

Only time i use slip leads is when iam out with another dog or in company...

thats why god gave you 2 hands with 5 digits on each ffs :laugh:

Depends where you live :whistling:

I couldn't have mine off the lead when lamping or I'd have 2 dogs on every rabbit.

Even if I only had one dog out, I could only stop them from chasing by shouting,

which is not something beneficial to lamping. :icon_eek:

Daytime I let them both off together when I'm mooching but lead them up

if I know there's potential "accidents" around. ;)

Cheers, D.

My old bitch would stay by my side when lamping. I never used a slip on her. Even when rabbits were spotted on the lamp she would stay by my side until I gave the signal to go. My mates dog was the same, we used to work them together off the slip. Can't say the same about my new dog though :laugh: Each dog is different.