rod stewart and the poppy

James mclean refused to wear one yesterday.

he's Irish :thumbs:

plays for a british team :thumbs:

And????

Happy enough to take a fat wage home but not wear a poppy on his shirt like the rest of the players up and down the country. f**k HIM.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's up to individuals what they want to do, I knew an old boy who had fought in WW2 and he refused to ware one, said they could poke it up their arse as it wouldn't bring any of his mates back.   E

i wear one , and today as i do every year i polished the medals up put on some tidy gear got the regimental tie on and stood at the war memorial to remember some good mates that never came back , and

i choose to buy poppies. and wear them. i'm british born and bred. and will remember the ones that have fallen. god bless every last one of them.

Doesnt wear a poppy thats rich coming from a English man who thinks hes Scottish who lives in America & supports a Scottish football team that thinks its Irish IGNORANT PR--K

'

you need to change your craic typical bitter little rangers supporter

Guest thebigdog

And????

Happy enough to take a fat wage home but not wear a poppy on his shirt like the rest of the players up and down the country. f**k HIM.

does he not work for his wage? why the f**k should he not be happy about taking it?

just because he plays in england, doesn't mean he has to give a f**k about anything british.

Doesnt wear a poppy thats rich coming from a English man who thinks hes Scottish who lives in America & supports a Scottish football team that thinks its Irish IGNORANT PR--K

'

you need to change your craic typical bitter little rangers supporter

are you irish ?wouldnt say i was bitter just dont like him think hes false and what makes you think i support rangers :hmm: Edited by nothernlite

And????

does he not work for his wage? why the f**k should he not be happy about taking it?

just because he plays in england, doesn't mean he has to give a f**k about anything british.

Plenty of brave Irishmen have died fighting alongside our lads over the years, those using the wearing of a poppy to highlight their political agendas should remember that it's only a way of showing that their sacrifices will not be forgotten..

i wear one , and today as i do every year i polished the medals up put on some tidy gear got the regimental tie on and stood at the war memorial to remember some good mates that never came back , and as i see it the choice is yours if you want to wear the poppy but please put a few bob in the tin the british legion do some good work for ex servicemen

• Like 8

And????

Plenty of brave Irishmen have died fighting alongside our lads over the years, those using the wearing of a poppy to highlight their political agendas should remember that it's only a way of showing that their sacrifices will not be forgotten..

Agree with the above.

The problem some Irish people would have is that it's an all incorporating symbol. I don't think you'd find many disagreeing with either World War, but it would also commemorate plenty who caused a lot of harm in Ireland. I don't think given our shared history it can reasonably be expected for people to wear it under those circumstances. How many British people living/working in Germany or Japan would celebrate their war dead?

Genuine point, not jibing at anyone.

Edited by JohnGalway
  • Like 3

I gladly donate but don't wear a poppy all the time like many do. I hate badges or anything like that on me, I'm just funny like that. I give my respects and donate, don't see why it's expected I should wear a poppy as well so everybody knows I do? A arm band or colour clothing I would do. Isn't there meant to be a day where you wear a red item of clothing in support of our troops? I would deffinately wear one at a public event though.

And????

Last time I looked we were still a democracy..

plenty old timers have been to germany for remeberance,cant say they would go to japan though lol oh the majority of those old boys would gladly see japan at the bottom of the sea.wicked wee b*****ds.and no forgiveness or honour of old soldiers between japan.

dont need to wear a poppy imo,but if you are at place where they honour that silence,then regardless of whether you agree or not,but you should respect it.

but if you are at place where they honour that silence,then regardless of whether you agree or not,but you should respect it.

And I'd have no problem with that. When the English rugby team came to Croke Park, scene of a genuine massacre by British forces, there was respect shown for the Anthem.

What I was saying is that the barracking and judging that goes on regarding peoples personal choices is wrong, it dirties the memory of people who are being remembered IMO. The day isn't about the people doing the remembering, it's about those who are to be remembered.

• Like 4
Guest thebigdog

I haven't worn a poppy this year unless I'm in my good clothes , but I have a poppy wrist band on all the time :thumbs:

so you have a terrorist flag on your page , yet you support our soldiers :hmm: :hmm:

:snack::laugh: :laugh: