rod stewart and the poppy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's up to individuals what they want to do, I knew an old boy who had fought in WW2 and he refused to ware one, said they could poke it up their arse as it wouldn't bring any of his mates back.   E

i wear one , and today as i do every year i polished the medals up put on some tidy gear got the regimental tie on and stood at the war memorial to remember some good mates that never came back , and

i choose to buy poppies. and wear them. i'm british born and bred. and will remember the ones that have fallen. god bless every last one of them.

he was on some show last night,he did have one on,it was a small metal one probally gold and emeralds lol

dara o brain didnt wear one,but that does not bother me tbh.

Interesting!!

It's up to individuals what they want to do, I knew an old boy who had fought in WW2 and he refused to ware one, said they could poke it up their arse as it wouldn't bring any of his mates back.

Each person should be free to do what they want without some sort of public outcry

• Like 9

Interesting , my old man , a WW2 vet , always reckoned that people who wore poppies were tight b*****ds , and only wore them so they wouldn,t be asked for another donation .

Well everytime I pass a poppy tub I always drop a quid or 2 in , I feel obliged to they risked/risk there life's for us , it's the least we can do

• Like 1

This event has become so politicised that it's lost it's true meaning. Wars were fought to preserve freedom of speech and liberty. Seems ironic then this push to force people to wear them. All this moral outrage about people who don't wear them... Hypocrisy of the highest order.

• Like 3

dara o brain didnt wear one

No reason why he should, he's Irish. There was a piece on radio here about RD a few days ago. I can't remember it all but there was a lady on it from the... I won't get the name right, the something legion? British legion probably? Well the Irish branch of that anyway. They got on to talking about people on UK TV being pressganged into wearing the poppy regardless of their views or nationality.

Got to agree with Undi, it's ridiculous behaviour by some giving out about people not wearing it. People are free to make up their own minds what they wish to wear or not.