A TRIP OUT WEST IN SHROPSHIRE

Had in invite off trigger today for a wander round the hills of Shropshire ,,so me and vin headed off over there to meet up with trigger and and bird,,,

After a butty in the roadside cafe we headed off up the hill,, and it wasn't long till we had a flush from some cover and the rabbit dropped in a nearby set,,,whilst me and vin neted up , bryn was marking a set in the cover where the bunny came from,, well we bolted our rabbit,,, which slipped the net,vins fault,,, and it also got past both dogs,,,doh

So then over to where ray and trigger were netting up,, in with the stinkers, and two bolts and a dig later , we had 3 in the bag,,,

Next warren,, just a few yards from the previouse one,,and another 3 bolts nice and easy,,

Off up the hil and another accounted for from a smallish warren,, some nice hunting up from bryn and a bolt from some cover, but none of the dogs cought it,,

Whilst the lads netted up a warren I had a wander over the field to another small warren,, no nets bolted the first for the dog who missed it,,,,, then the second which the ferret had hold of the rabbits foot as it tried to bolt, this was swiftly grabbed and added to the bag.

Back to the lads who were getting a few bolting from from cover and giving the dogs the the run around in the high bracken ,, we did a few warrens and cought a few more, and missed a few,,the last warren I decided to do ,, it looked good ,,,,, wrong,,, and to be fair none of the dogs had marked it,,, at this point the rain started, and I had to be back early for the mrs to go to work....so back down the hill with bryn flushing one , for Venus to catch,,, ended the day with 16 ,, not a big score , but a thoroughly enjoyable day, and a good bit of crack with the lads...cheers gents Tomo

Vin will ad the pics

• Like 10

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had in invite off trigger today for a wander round the hills of Shropshire ,,so me and vin headed off over there to meet up with trigger and and bird,,,   After a butty in the roadside cafe we heade

Yep I'm 5'11. And 12 stone...............lol

Great stuff lads and dogs. TOMO it sounded a good day in good company thats what it should be about.   12 stone

Posted Images

Great day in great company lads...Thanks to Trigger for the kind invite.

I was huffin and puffin by the time we got up the top of the hills though...Makes you realize how fit your not.

I was chuffed with my kit from this year..she behaved really well and did a good job bolting a few....I also took an older Jill that Ken (Socks) gave me when I lost my best jill a while ago...She worked very well and bolted what was at home when she was put in..so im happy..the dogs were marking well and having a great time bushing up the rabbits in the long cover and bits of gauze bushes etc etc.. great sport for the dogs and just good fun watching them try.

We also did our bit for conservation when we caught a small half grown bunny from a little set.. We took it out and put it back down another set further down from where we were, It would have been ok as we had bolted an adult from the same set and missed it and thats where it had ran to...were not all bad..lol.

Thanks lads for a very enjoyable day.

post-11815-0-66935500-1349208452.jpg

Great day in great company lads...Thanks to Trigger for the kind invite.

I was huffin and puffin by the time we got up the top of the hills though...Makes you realize how fit your not.

I was chuffed with my kit from this year..she behaved really well and did a good job bolting a few....I also took an older Jill that Ken (Socks) gave me when I lost my best jill a while ago...She worked very well and bolted what was at home when she was put in..so im happy..the dogs were marking well and having a great time bushing up the rabbits in the long cover and bits of gauze bushes etc etc.. great sport for the dogs and just good fun watching them try.

We also did our bit for conservation when we caught a small half grown bunny from a little set.. We took it out and put it back down another set further down from where we were, It would have been ok as we had bolted an adult from the same set and missed it and thats where it had ran to...were not all bad..lol.

Thanks lads for a very enjoyable day.

post-11815-0-66935500-1349208452.jpg

Great picture, will be a nice one to look back on.

Was great day, thanks Vin for the brekkie it was spot on. We got it just right with the time starting , as after 2pm it pissed down till 6 pm .The ferrets all worked well , and that young jill worked good moved few rabbits. :thumbs: Bryn did well again, marked 12 and knocked out 4 from cover great rabbit dog day+night :thumbs: . I think Tomo must have somthing in his flask, they way he went up them Hills :D must be all the Hills in the Dales , you soon get fit at this place :yes: . We will have to have a mooch out again lads, thanks Jon for the invite a sound bloke :thumbs:

• Like 1

Had in invite off trigger today for a wander round the hills of Shropshire ,,so me and vin headed off over there to meet up with trigger and and bird,,,

After a butty in the roadside cafe we headed off up the hill,, and it wasn't long till we had a flush from some cover and the rabbit dropped in a nearby set,,,whilst me and vin neted up , bryn was marking a set in the cover where the bunny came from,, well we bolted our rabbit,,, which slipped the net,vins fault,,, and it also got past both dogs,,,doh

So then over to where ray and trigger were netting up,, in with the stinkers, and two bolts and a dig later , we had 3 in the bag,,,

Next warren,, just a few yards from the previouse one,,and another 3 bolts nice and easy,,

Off up the hil and another accounted for from a smallish warren,, some nice hunting up from bryn and a bolt from some cover, but none of the dogs cought it,,

Whilst the lads netted up a warren I had a wander over the field to another small warren,, no nets bolted the first for the dog who missed it,,,,, then the second which the ferret had hold of the rabbits foot as it tried to bolt, this was swiftly grabbed and added to the bag.

Back to the lads who were getting a few bolting from from cover and giving the dogs the the run around in the high bracken ,, we did a few warrens and cought a few more, and missed a few,,the last warren I decided to do ,, it looked good ,,,,, wrong,,, and to be fair none of the dogs had marked it,,, at this point the rain started, and I had to be back early for the mrs to go to work....so back down the hill with bryn flushing one , for Venus to catch,,, ended the day with 16 ,, not a big score , but a thoroughly enjoyable day, and a good bit of crack with the lads...cheers gents Tomo

Vin will ad the pics

it ain't all about numbers tomo (though they are nice lol) good craic & good company are just as important

but if you can get both bingo a red letter day you didn't do bad,well done lads