reasonable start to the season.

i made a bit of a spur of the moement decision yesterdyay afternoon and phoned bird to pop down for a little lamping trip. i had taken advantage of sunday nights weather and put my dog to the test, so i wasnt really planning on going out. any in the end i thought i may aswell go for a small run out on the lamp with bird and his dog bryn.

got to my spot and thought it was reasonably light and the rabbits appeared to be able to see us and snuck away quietly but we persisted, and before we knew it we droped into a small pocket of rabbits by the time we hit the drop off point we had bang on 20 rabbits.i decided to try for a decent bag at this point and carried on to some other fields the grass was like a golf course and the rabbits very thinly spread out the dogs worked hard to manage another 4 rabbits.

i carried on to the end of my walk and we managed to get the tally upto 33 and i was certain we was heading for a nice round 40 when my battery went flat which pissed me off. finished on a high with 33 in the bag which was soon replaced by a bad mood with the battery going flat.

end of night pics

brynbster33008.jpg

brynbster33003.jpg

• Like 11

was very good night, as jon said dogs were really running well got 20 in the bag great start. :thumbs: but like all things in this game as we all know, it changes from field to field .The next 1/2 dozen fields the rabbite were like little hares, they didnt hang about so the dogs did really well to another 13. Buster as Brill stamina, better than Bryn, Bryn ran hard all night, but started to fade the last 20 mins , where Buster got that bit more in the tank, greart dog brought on great with jon .! great x the malmautex lurcher, with bit of luck mt 1x gsd x grey pup will be as good as buster, jon thinks they simlar type dog hope so . :thumbs: yes Pity about the battery we would have go 40 no prob , still a good bag :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well done trigger what battery you got then?

ive got a 14 amp lithium mate. had it 3 years so its served me well and ive had alot of use out of it. got to save my pennies now and get another one perhaps for christmas, ive lost my trust in my battery now so it will always be in the back of my mind that it wont last the night. :thumbs: