Bedlington Terriers for ground work

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9 posts and slagging people,s dogs off that you know nothing about ive dug to the sire of rory,s dog on a good few occasion,s he,s a good earthdog the dam was a good

The first 2 pics was a joke

heartbreak lies at the end of that path.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear regarding digging to Beddys, very few would buy a beddy for regular digging IMO, too much show stock sold as working dogs, unless you know somone very well that digs to them, and has bred a litter for thier own use, steer clear, buster.

• Like 1

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear regarding digging to Beddys, very few would buy a beddy for regular digging IMO, too much show stock sold as working dogs, unless you know somone very well that digs to them, and has bred a litter for thier own use, steer clear, buster.

i was told exactly the same with borders, its a real shame the coz ilike them both. atb sp

Years ago, I had a couple of deep and meaningful conversations with George Newcombe, bit of a language barrier, but we got there every time....lol. Among other things, there were two things came of our talks. The first one is YOU WILL NOT find a 'pure' working Bedlington, never mind one regularly going to ground on a worthy opponent. The second was that George would never give or sell me one of his dogs for 'Digging', he said they weren't sensible enough and would do or die. He offered me a little Bitch, killing Foxes regularly, but I had to promise not to work her in deep places and work her only on Foxes. I couldn't promise that, so I turned her down. Over the years I have seen 'Bedlington types' work to ground, several times, when I was considering the breed. I decided the breed was not for me, for Hunt work or 'Sunday Digging'. I did see a Wheaton x Bedlington type go once...........what a mess!! Made it move for hours and ended up having to break through, just to make the area smaller and eventually pin it down.......everything was a mess the Earth and the Mutt!

i was told exactly the same with borders, its a real shame the coz ilike them both. atb sp

Thats another breed i,d steer clear of if i were after a earth dog, pups off good digging stuff arnt sold to strangers, buster.