Collie x and deerhound x. Coming together

Guest first light

this cross in my eyes is the true classic lurcher that can do all thats required of a working dog plus more :yes: if need be if id have to put money on a cross that could produce good serviceable allround workers this cross would be it ;)

looks like the good dog men are getting on this now its a good cross mate

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i work this x have done for years and will all ways have a dhxgh x colliexgh but i do like my dhxgh too hears mine the blue one has past now but this is his nephue  

Here is my Grey/Deer X Grey/Collie(Beardie)  

what can i say im a traditonalist i like the old style and saying dont try an fix something thats not broke so to speak a splash of deerhound in any collie cross will only bring good things

Posted Images

this cross in my eyes is the true classic lurcher that can do all thats required of a working dog plus more :yes: if need be if id have to put money on a cross that could produce good serviceable allround workers this cross would be it ;)

what can i say im a traditonalist i like the old style and saying dont try an fix something thats not broke so to speak :yes: a splash of deerhound in any collie cross will only bring good things :thumbs:
  • Like 4

obviously a popular mix, didn't 'chalky' do similar years ago with 'lucy', and 'col ted walsh' in lurchers and longdogs described how to breed his ideal lurcher using this blend, but given today's 3/8 x 5/8 etc what would be the ideal mix ie 1st x collie greyhound to a 3/4 greyhound deerhound or a 1st x deerhound greyhound to a 3/8 collie 5/8 greyhound or.....................?

I bred a litter of these, my bitch is a 3/4 greyound 1/4 collie, 25".... I put a first x deerhound greyhound 30" over her, the pups are 10 month old n coming along really nice, the dog pups are around 27" and the 2 bitch pups are 26 ".......

I will get my mate to put some pics up later as i am shit wae these things..............

BM as regards the deerhound cross what was/is the deerhound breeding?,cheers.

obviously a popular mix, didn't 'chalky' do similar years ago with 'lucy', and 'col ted walsh' in lurchers and longdogs described how to breed his ideal lurcher using this blend, but given today's 3/8 x 5/8 etc what would be the ideal mix ie 1st x collie greyhound to a 3/4 greyhound deerhound or a 1st x deerhound greyhound to a 3/8 collie 5/8 greyhound or.....................?

i wouldnt mind finding more out about the 5/8 greyhound 3/8s collie with the deerhound x being used i have a 5/8s 3/8s myself looking to bread with after winter

hope so mate I got 1/4 in mine atb donk

what can i say im a traditonalist i like the old style and saying dont try an fix something thats not broke so to speak :yes: a splash of deerhound in any collie cross will only bring good things :thumbs:

i wouldnt mind finding more out about the 5/8 greyhound 3/8s collie with the deerhound x being used i have a 5/8s 3/8s myself looking to bread with after winter

if anyone has crossed ther dogs this way i would like to know how the pups turned out etc cheers