Collie x and deerhound x. Coming together

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i work this x have done for years and will all ways have a dhxgh x colliexgh but i do like my dhxgh too hears mine the blue one has past now but this is his nephue  

Here is my Grey/Deer X Grey/Collie(Beardie)  

what can i say im a traditonalist i like the old style and saying dont try an fix something thats not broke so to speak a splash of deerhound in any collie cross will only bring good things

Posted Images

his is a 3/4 border cross to a half deerhoud

how did they turn out?

They are 10 month now. Shaping up well. His bitch is coming on good. I will tel him to have a look at topic and coment

ta muchly mate, youd think with all the 3/8 5/8 collie x's out there this would have been a popular type of mating and there would have been more gen and feedback

obviously a popular mix, didn't 'chalky' do similar years ago with 'lucy', and 'col ted walsh' in lurchers and longdogs described how to breed his ideal lurcher using this blend, but given today's 3/8 x 5/8 etc what would be the ideal mix ie 1st x collie greyhound to a 3/4 greyhound deerhound or a 1st x deerhound greyhound to a 3/8 collie 5/8 greyhound or.....................?

personally i would like the collie xs on the pure deerhound bitch seen em can be very good animals for edible game atb bunnys.
  • Like 2

post-839-0-13011500-1344677272.jpgMy 5/8Greyhound 3/8 collie xDeerhound/Greyhound.

thanks mate we knew there had to be some. was the deerhound x a first x? how tall is yours? any gen on her siblings?

Her Dam was Deerhound x3/4 greyhound 1/4Whippet.Her Sire was 5/8Greyhuond 3/8 Collie.She made 26" to the Shoulder Her Brothers made over 28" to the Shoulder.Her Brother went to a Pet home over in Uley Glos.His owner is an Agricutural Contractor who took him to work everyday.But he had to leave the dog at home due to the dog causing Havoc with the Local wildlife.The dog had his first Roe at 11 months old and Numerous Foxes/Cats Etc.They had him Neutered thinking this would stop him.No chance.I was offered him back but Didn't have the work for Him.The rest of the Litter also had a Tremendous Prey Drive.I'm Hoping to get a Pup out of her Soon.

Edited by salclalin
  • 3 months later...

I have to admit I have a soft spot for Collie x Greyhounds but after having my new lurcher a Collie/Deerhound/Greyhound mix, I'll always have one of them in my yard!

This thread is a good read & I'd like to thank those who shared on here .

• 2 weeks later...