Collie x and deerhound x. Coming together

I have kept collie x greyhound for years now. Back a good 20 years ago i had greyhonund deerhond x collie greyhound. Great dogs. Really enjoyed working this type. Does alot of you guys use this cross or is it a x that is slipping away. I am thinking in the next few year to bring deerhound into my bitch and breed a litter i keep 3/4 and 5/8. Grey/ collie. Pictures and info would be very much appreciated. Cheers

Atb. Collie x

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i work this x have done for years and will all ways have a dhxgh x colliexgh but i do like my dhxgh too hears mine the blue one has past now but this is his nephue  

Here is my Grey/Deer X Grey/Collie(Beardie)  

what can i say im a traditonalist i like the old style and saying dont try an fix something thats not broke so to speak a splash of deerhound in any collie cross will only bring good things

Posted Images

must admit i've always had a liking for these types, i had one this way bred 30 yrs ago and nothing since has come close, he really was my once in a lifetime i think, but then again i was younger had loads of time and energy and he got plenty practise

I bred a litter of these, my bitch is a 3/4 greyound 1/4 collie, 25".... I put a first x deerhound greyhound 30" over her, the pups are 10 month old n coming along really nice, the dog pups are around 27" and the 2 bitch pups are 26 ".......

I will get my mate to put some pics up later as i am shit wae these things..............

• Like 1

this cross in my eyes is the true classic lurcher that can do all thats required of a working dog plus more :yes: if need be if id have to put money on a cross that could produce good serviceable allround workers this cross would be it ;)

• Like 1