"Working terrier" shows

i didnt say that i did it and def do not agree with it but i also dont put any pics up at all but its a sad fact that a hunting forum has to be governed by antis incase they get offended fcuk the antis they shouldnt come on if it upsets them only a bllender would keep going to persue things and hobbies that others enjoy that offends them to get them banned

Im no anti.. I find it disgusting that someone would " the old razor trick by nicking the dogs skin to get the scars".

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i judged a few shows when i was younger and your right in saying your no expert. if you think you can tell workers from non workers at a dog show. you cant judge a dog on its working ability in a rin

whats it with people that they tink the dogs hav2 have marks on them to prove they have been working well.load of shite.iv a bitch here wich took alot of stick on her first season her second not as ba

usually these shows are for a good cause,been to a couple this year and enjoyed the craic and to me thats all they are bit of craic

Posted Images

theres also the old razor trick by nicking the dogs skin to get the scars why people do it is beyond me. but in my own opinion they should drop WORKING terrier show to just terrier show cause unless they bring live prey in to work like the old shows did then id just see show type dogs not workers as we all know ya cant even kill a fkn rat incase ya offend some bird molester or bunny hugger. also stops any bitching at the shows after that. and if they did bring back the old trials then yad se the workers from the spice dogs (show stuff bred to only look good) afraid to do a days graft

If trials came back(which they wont Thank God)Eighty percent of the people from this site would not be let in to the County,never mind the field.

why would you not want the trials back it would sort out the shite from the good , stop all the sh1t talk and back ripping of everybodies dogs that happen here, i personally would love to go to a show with trials in it

By all the alleged facts you give on here,would you be invited?

theres also the old razor trick by nicking the dogs skin to get the scars why people do it is beyond me. but in my own opinion they should drop WORKING terrier show to just terrier show cause unless they bring live prey in to work like the old shows did then id just see show type dogs not workers as we all know ya cant even kill a fkn rat incase ya offend some bird molester or bunny hugger. also stops any bitching at the shows after that. and if they did bring back the old trials then yad se the workers from the spice dogs (show stuff bred to only look good) afraid to do a days graft

If trials came back(which they wont Thank God)Eighty percent of the people from this site would not be let in to the County,never mind the field.

why would you not want the trials back it would sort out the shite from the good , stop all the sh1t talk and back ripping of everybodies dogs that happen here, i personally would love to go to a show with trials in it

what alleged facts? by giving an opinion on the old ways that people used to go to to sell shit dogs? dont see any harm in it as i dont do it myself. but ya have to agree it would sort out the workers from the bluffers if the trials were brought back.

what alleged facts? by giving an opinion on the old ways that people used to go to to sell shit dogs? dont see any harm in it as i dont do it myself. but ya have to agree it would sort out the workers from the bluffers if the trials were brought back.

It is a myth that people cut dogs to sell them,any decent terrier man would know a Gillette blade,or a tin of Pedigree Chum scar from working marks on a dog.I can just see the trial now with THLs finest asking the local Garda for directions,and posting the organizers address on here.Then we could have a debate on here the next day as to why Mister 22 inch Bull Lurchers dog did not win.

Trials never proved a working terrier,they only had to do 6min and if they could not find in a man made shoot what chance had they in an earth of way bigger proportion.The trials were great for the strong dogs they had to work there game but your ordinary terrier it was,nt a test,then lads get a certificate and brag how good their dogs were.

It is a myth that people cut dogs to sell them,any decent terrier man would know a Gillette blade,or a tin of Pedigree Chum scar from working marks on a dog.I can just see the trial now with THLs finest asking the local Garda for directions,and posting the organizers address on here.Then we could have a debate on here the next day as to why Mister 22 inch Bull Lurchers dog did not win.

obviously the dogs being sold were kept away from the experienced men but to the unsuspecting new comer they were sold on to make a few quid, dont know why your taking the hump on the topic it happened in the 70s n 80s. well at least if the dogs got tested at the trials then they could call it a WORKING TERRIER SHOW

Unfortunately we aren't talking decent terrier men, were talking the sort of tossers who've always blighted our sport, selling shit on (or stuff they've ruined) to inexperienced lads coming into the game knowing little and believing all the bullshit that the've been told by the vendors. :yes:

I really didn't think you were that naive Liam to think shit doesn't happen? :whistling:

Sweeping it under the carpet is no way for us to progress in our sport IMO but I'm sorry I haven't a solution as to

get rid of these people from the game. TBH I don't think there is one. :cray:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

obviously the dogs being sold were kept away from the experienced men but to the unsuspecting new comer they were sold on to make a few quid, dont know why your taking the hump on the topic it happened in the 70s n 80s. well at least if the dogs got tested at the trials then they could call it a WORKING TERRIER SHOW

Why do you say i am taking the hump?because I am giving my opinion(it is nothing personal just my opinion)I was around in the 70s and 80s and back then they said the lads from the 50s done it,thats all it is just a myth,the same myth as my friend has a terrier that kills badgers to ground.As Fatman said trials would be a waste of time for terriers(as they always were)he just walks up a little shore and the game is in front of him,any cur dog can do that.Dytkos I probably am very naive (being from the backwaters)but i have been around long enough to understand bullshit when i hear it.What is there to sweep under the carpet,that there are idiots in terriers,they were always there and always will be,but dont we get a great laugh out of them.Just read some of the threads on here dont they be hilarious?
  • Like 2

Why do you say i am taking the hump?because I am giving my opinion(it is nothing personal just my opinion)I was around in the 70s and 80s and back then they said the lads from the 50s done it,thats all it is just a myth,the same myth as my friend has a terrier that kills badgers to ground.As Fatman said trials would be a waste of time for terriers(as they always were)he just walks up a little shore and the game is in front of him,any cur dog can do that.Dytkos I probably am very naive (being from the backwaters)but i have been around long enough to understand bullshit when i hear it.What is there to sweep under the carpet,that there are idiots in terriers,they were always there and always will be,but dont we get a great laugh out of them.Just read some of the threads on here dont they be hilarious?

myth in your neck of the woods but not round here know ones that saw it being done

myth in your neck of the woods but not round here know ones that saw it being done

I know a fellow that told me he saw a Leprechaun but I know there are none.I knew a girl who swore she was married to Daniel oDonnell twenty years ago,A fellow told me he was abducted my Aliens in Roscrea.Everybody knows a fellow who knows a fellow who had a cousin who fought in the GPO and his sisters third cousin once removed, ran messages for Nial of the Nine Hostages at the Battle Of Ocha.It is called hearsay.
  • Like 1

if true .they are .assholes.its scum like them thats doing the terrier game in.