"Working terrier" shows

Right lads ive got question, i'll start by saying that I know a lot of you really cant be doing with the showing side of things and to be fair im neither for or against it. Ive been to a show today which I wont name as I dont want to upset anyone, im no expert but even I can spot the dogs that actually work from ones that dont. Perhaps ive got it all wrong but most of the lakelands ive seen at the various shows seem to be so exadurated shape wise they must 40%-50% kc lines. Whats youre views on this boys??

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i judged a few shows when i was younger and your right in saying your no expert. if you think you can tell workers from non workers at a dog show. you cant judge a dog on its working ability in a rin

whats it with people that they tink the dogs hav2 have marks on them to prove they have been working well.load of shite.iv a bitch here wich took alot of stick on her first season her second not as ba

usually these shows are for a good cause,been to a couple this year and enjoyed the craic and to me thats all they are bit of craic

Posted Images

Right lads ive got question, i'll start by saying that I know a lot of you really cant be doing with the showing side of things and to be fair im neither for or against it. Ive been to a show today which I wont name as I dont want to upset anyone, im no expert but even I can spot the dogs that actually work from ones that dont. Perhaps ive got it all wrong but most of the lakelands ive seen at the various shows seem to be so exadurated shape wise they must 40%-50% kc lines. Whats youre views on this boys??

i judged a few shows when i was younger and your right in saying your no expert. if you think you can tell workers from non workers at a dog show. :huh: you cant judge a dog on its working ability in a ring. at the end of the day its the word at the end of the sentence that counts (show). and if its for charity get your dog in and give your support. and bear in mind that the important thing is that your walking out the gates with a worker. and you dont need a judge to tell you how good it is

• Like 10

Nothing wrong with owning and showing a nice looking terrier,trouble is to many are bred for type now,not just Lakeys,function plays little part in the breeding of a lot of these show types now,the work some see is manufactured to enhance the image.There are still nice typey terriers that are capable of doing a shift at the sharp end,finding them is another matter.
  • Like 1

Perhaps i did write that in the wrong way, and ive never tried to make out im an experienced terrierman,im just interested in learning more and i do put my money in when i go, i dont go in for rosettes. Unlike the folk putting there pure bred dogs in cross bred classes which i dont think isnt in the spirit of the ones ive been to anyway.

• Like 3

Perhaps i did write that in the wrong way, and ive never tried to make out im an experienced terrierman,im just interested in learning more and i do put my money in when i go, i dont go in for rosettes. Unlike the folk putting there pure bred dogs in cross bred classes which i dont think isnt in the spirit of the ones ive been to anyway.

i'm with you on the crossbreds. year in year out you see lakies walking away with the prizes. whilst some cracking little crossbreds dont get a look in ' in there own class. :yes:

• Like 3

By working terrier do you mean hard dogs with scars ?

I have a border that comes beating and ratting at the end of the season,also comes lamping and has found and killed the odd lost fox. Not an earth dog but is that not work ?

Also have a lakie pup that i intend to use for blood trailing shot deer .

Granted they are not used for earth work but earn their board and lodgings.

• Like 1