what slip leads does everyone use?

Rope can be a pain if you have a pooch that pull's like a steam train..

i had a blue brindle 3/8 5/8 bitch once nearly 80lb she was. when you put the beam on and she saw one of them red rabbits, the fecker would be doing sumersaults on the end of the slip above head height most times :laugh: i got rope burns nearly every time i went out :laugh:

I had a 70lb dog that did similar i was out with woodga once and the fooking thing pulled me of my feet and dragged me about 25yrd's through mud and water trying to get a rabbit that another dog was running.. :D .. and that was a rope lead also.. :blink:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bit off rope from B&Q youre not gutted when you lose it and cheap as chips.

Iv plaited together 11 banana skins which I then covered in ky jelly and the slime of a bream!

next doors washing line

Posted Images

Baleing twine, the most versatile thing on the farm, you can use it as a fashion accessory for the mart instead of a belt, fix pallets onto holes in fences, tie your exhaust onto your vehicle, use it as a slip lead or to tie gates shut :)

• Like 2

Baleing twine, the most versatile thing on the farm, you can use it as a fashion accessory for the mart instead of a belt, fix pallets onto holes in fences, tie your exhaust onto your vehicle, use it as a slip lead or to tie gates shut :)

trampy as fook :laugh:

• Like 3

i made my own slip mechanism out of alloy and brass because my proper 1 was some times coming undone when the dog pulled it also made a clicking noise when slipped i found that when i walked up to a squatter and slipped the dog as soon as the rabbit heard the leed unclip it ran the one i made makes no noise and is impossible to come undone with out pulling the cord so is safer i like it better than a piece of string as it kills my hands and is just uncomfy

• Like 2

Buy a set of cheap rachet straps, ideally a bright colour, and cut into sections of the right length to suit you and the dog including enough to tie a wrist loop and burn the other end to stop it fraying. Job done, you get several slips, cheap as chips, bright so their hard to loose and easy to find, comfy on the wrist and slick through the collar. They also work well as a game carrier :thumbs:

• Like 2