MINSHAW .....

simo handy lookin alsaitions them ,andy ray was up here he ran his dog had a ball and saw diffrent type of all round dogs that catch were ever they go , these collie fied dogs up here there no good ,and if you just breed a dog for a certain area well your cutting your chances down ,we had dogs simliar to you in the eighties but once the good coursing dogs came about or running dogs well ,you never go back still got collie crosses but pacy fechers , i can see the piont of don, to breed off and ferreting a bit lamping , my mate one 2 feild trail with a collie lurcher looked like a fast colie maggie ,good little worker but her pace went quick 4 5 she toiled on some rabbs ,ye rays dog would catch a hare on less testing land pre ban , we hav e gr4at sport but youlle neve rget massive bags ,unless early stubble hares , yole never beat agood dog behind agood hare roe who knows were there going and the dogs trying to stop him on eway or another a pure test , glad i had the best of the hunting like many others ,

Edited by BLACKWATER...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

im shure you have mentioned those things befor whin... :laugh: :laugh:

serriously whin ,,feel free to add to the topic,,,if you must,,, but stop repeating your self ,,, its getting very repetative,,

• Like 5

Simo this was a first cross shep/grey my father ran him late 80's could do it all but lacked speed for daytime hares but was a hell of a rabbiter and fox dog u9ejrzdi.jpg

nice aint he very typical of the xs capabilitys , atb bunnys.

Simo this was a first cross shep/grey my father ran him late 80's could do it all but lacked speed for daytime hares but was a hell of a rabbiter and fox dog u9ejrzdi.jpg

nice aint he very typical of the xs capabilitys , atb bunnys.

had a one shep dog he was a hare magnet , took good numbers longears were good pennies back a then , he took double figures 3ta 4 sessions per week single no pal to run with him . atb bunnys.

WHIN i think you should be renamed DOUGHAL,out of father TED,he repeats himself alot :laugh: although you no its falling on deaf ears,but thats just takeing the piss mate,how many times can one man keep repeating himself :yes: although i look forward to what you may add,and believe you have a few valid points,look forward to hear from you DOUGHAL :laugh: atb jack

COULD ANYONE TELL ME IS THERE A TREARMENT FOR WHAT WAS MENTIONED EARLIER IN ANOTHER POST,,RUNNING THE BACK OFF..SOMETHING TO DO WITH LATIC ACID BUILDING UP AND CRAMPING MUSCLE

See Paulus's thread about it from a week or two back. :thumbs:

I'm sure someone wil put the link up. :victory:

Cheers, D.

No offense intended guys but what the feck as GSD's got to do with Minshaws?

All that's happened is that whin has found another name to drop(Rooney)lol

Like a few have mentioned "If it aint broke....!"

These are just hypothetical questions johnny...only the same as asking if they would add pure whippet/greyhound down the line....personally i wouldnt add it but there are some intresting reasons as to why they should/should not be added....makes for interesting reading imo...atb stabba

No offense intended guys but what the feck as GSD's got to do with Minshaws?

All that's happened is that whin has found another name to drop(Rooney)lol

Like a few have mentioned "If it aint broke....!"

These are just hypothetical questions johnny...only the same as asking if they would add pure whippet/greyhound down the line....personally i wouldnt add it but there are some intresting reasons as to why they should/should not be added....makes for interesting reading imo...atb stabba

Cheers stabba I must've missed some posts somewhere.......personally the way the law is these days then I for one wouldn't want anything else added in, also adding another breed could throw up all kinds of types.