MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Slightly off topic here folks well a fecking million miles really :icon_redface: ...can anyone remember this from 6 or 7 years ago?..these lads went to the Outer Hebrides (wherever the f**k that is)? and apparently caught all these lamping?..not sure if it was in one night though?...ATB Andy. ;)

rabbitssuerothwell.jpg

hi ther andy the hebrides his of the coast of scotlanf ferry from oban , been there top scpore 2 animals 158 in just over 3hrs . atb bunnys.

Did you really mate?..Whats the ground like for running on? Sounds like bunny heaven lol?

some place for rabbits up there they are doing alot of building up there so busy in summer up there rabbs galore

whin first stepped on south uist back in 82 seen the amount of clearance to be done so sent fot the curs , the ferrits then became redundant for the whole trip box vans to haul of the island for us good trips seen astraight hill collie do 27 of the back of the landy while shown the boundaries in the headlamps ,atb bunnys.
  • Like 1

no foxes on the hebs plenty feral cats few otters great island for the twitchers , but they still have to be caught has they say ground flatbeacht quite rough ground lthousands of holes warens stratching fo a few miles to each the rabs dine on the sea weed and kel[p washe up . atb bun nys.

had some great times up the west coast long before the white settlers came in , a bit diffrent now , but its getin busy up there gas iol all sorts of work ,saw vics dogs brother big black and white powerful dogs never seen them since puppies pull a hoose doon, ye youlle not besat scotland for diversity of quarrie and land gods country

hebrideas i believe his 18 miles long a couple wide so in otober november winds that take a man all his strength to walk seen mobile homes blown in to there locks , no place for the week man or animal , paradise for the rabbs and the right type of lamping animal the folk are grand and most welcoming shot some pool in that little harbour bar back a then , atb bunnys..

millet ya say ya have a pal back a working the shetland iasles also been a there on rabbit clearance the pun a that job was no dogs were allowed on the isle at that given era the epedemic of parvo virus pit pay to that , long nest anD TRAPS ETC , FLOWN IN ON LIGHT AIRCRAFT ATB BUNNYS.

• Like 1
Guest Moscow

millet ya say ya have a pal back a working the shetland iasles also been a there on rabbit clearance the pun a that job was no dogs were allowed on the isle at that given era the epedemic of parvo virus pit pay to that , long nest anD TRAPS ETC , FLOWN IN ON LIGHT AIRCRAFT ATB BUNNYS.

Good stuff :thumbs:

ONE THING ABOUT THE HEBS THAT HAD A ME CHUCKLE AT TIMES , SAID LAND OWNERS WOULD GET IN TO WHAT ONE MIGHT SAY TANTURUMS OVER NEED FOR YOIU TO BE CLEARING THERE GROUND THE FEELINGOF BEING A VERY VALUED AND WELCOME GUEST COULD NOT BE MORE SO.ATB BUNNYS.

What did you do with all the rabbits bunny if you had to fly on?

EVERYTHING WAS TAKEN CARE OF WE HAD A GAME DEELER BACK ON THE MAIN LAND WHO TOOK CARE OFTHE RABBS THEY WOULD BE BELLIED AN D LEFT IN COLD STORAGE FOR THE PICK UP .ATB BUNNYS.