MINSHAW .....

With working abillity the main factor in a lurcher. surley you would be looking to breed from a working lurcher to a working lurcher rather than a dog bred just to run a track? Agreed greyhound is a vital key of the make up but i believe it isnt the king pin. if speed is what you want then fair play. but soley on working abillity youd be daft choozing a greyhound over a working lurcher. just my oppinion.

• Like 3

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Na Joe you just like to disagree with most things i agree on lol for whatever reason.

Your up there with the Brick and whin for being argumentive and tunnel visioned.

Your way or no way type ?

Anyways like i say back to what the topics about MINSHAWS.

Andy fook Sake dont mention Greys and Involve me lol

Ps, Andy one last time.

Greyhounds - Bag chasers, Unintelligent, ect ect this is how most percieve them.

Remember Nikey ? He was a bit more than the above.

If conditioned right could he of put in a shift of sorts on the lamp ?

Tunnel vision are ye for real :laugh: greyhound greyhound greyhound :laugh: :laugh:
Guest Moscow

Na Joe you just like to disagree with most things i agree on lol for whatever reason.

Your up there with the Brick and whin for being argumentive and tunnel visioned.

Ps, Andy one last time.

Greyhounds - Bag chasers, Unintelligent, ect ect this is how most percieve them.

You dont like what I say.... so say Iam causing arguments ffs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your nothing but a peddler who pushs pups from lurcher studs x greyhounds bitchs for money not quality so dont come the quality bollox.

Edited by Moscow

Ps, Andy one last time.

your up there with the brick an whin :clapper: i told you ye was an eccentric moscow :haha::lol:

Ps, Andy one last time.

Max,i took Nikey lamping several times,he could kill a hare as good if not better than a lot of lurchers i've seen,he ran tight,and none of this swinging wide and over shooting malarkey,he had a great strike on him and the hare was dispatched by him in a second lol..he also retrieved straight back to hand..imo he would of caught a bag of gear with little fuss but i used to just give him a run or two to gee him up..as for Greyhound blood well i wouldn't be frightened to use one especially with dogs such as Don..let's remember even in these types the Minshaw's dogs like Blue himself had plenty of Grey in him through his dam,Rambo,Traveller their dam Grip was 1/2 Grey and they were fantastic dogs..i can see why others would not go down the Greyhound route but personally if i thought my own dogs needed it for a bit of drive,speed then i'd go for it :thumbs: ...ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 1
Guest Moscow

Ps, Andy one last time.

your up there with the brick an whin :clapper: i told you ye was an eccentric moscow :haha::lol:

If I was sensitive person I might get upset at that comment... I like the tunnel vision bit the best, its a belter coming from him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1
Guest Moscow

Max,i took Nikey lamping several times,he could kill a hare as good if not better than a lot of lurchers i've seen,he ran tight,and none of this swinging wide and over shooting malarkey,he had a great strike on him and the hare was dispatched by him in a second lol..he also retrieved straight back to hand..imo he would of caught a bag of gear with little fuss but i used to just give him a run or two to gee him up..as for Greyhound blood well i wouldn't be frightened to use one especially with dogs such as Don..let's remember even in these types the Minshaw's dogs like Blue himself had plenty of Grey in him through his dam,Rambo,Traveller their dam Grip was 1/2 Grey and they were fantastic dogs..i can see why others would not go down the Greyhound route but personally if i thought my own dogs needed it for a bit of drive,speed then i'd go for it :thumbs: ...ATB Andy. ;)

Andy have YOU ever bred a litter of minshaw type lurchers from a greyhound?

Edited by Moscow

Ps, Andy one last time.

Alot of lurchers have greyhound in them nobody is saying they havent the intial disagreement came with putting a pure greyhound back in to a well established line it's everybodys own personel opinion i myself would not put a pure greyhound in i belive they take away far more than what they put in and a good fast lurcher with wind or a coursing bred dog is a better choice than a pure grey thats just my opinion though it dont make it right :thumbs:
  • Like 1
Guest Moscow

greyhounds can bring more to the table than speed, but who works em? . max, i like greyhounds, but like the lurcher more :thumbs:

I like greyhounds but there are plenty fast lurchers out there doing the job so why add injury problems and less stamina?

• Like 2

my last post on the subject of greyhounds max u mentioned merlin eve line when was the last pure greyhound put into this line and do u think putting a greyhound to something liek foxy would have added something to her... and to poacherpocket a geunine inquiry do u think when you was running these minshaw yrs ago was there enough accessiblity to a good coursing english dog and would u have added that rather than a greyhound...and what was the old minshaw type feet like.. lurchers are liek football teams everyone has a different fav but its up to the individual to choose what he wants or what he likes .. debating something is different to arguing dont u think.....

• Like 2

greyhounds can bring more to the table than speed, but who works em? . max, i like greyhounds, but like the lurcher more :thumbs:

I like greyhounds but there are plenty fast lurchers out there doing the job so why add injury problems and less stamina?

fast lurchers with stamina and a rugged edge, are common, they will do for me.
  • Like 1
Guest Moscow

my last post on the subject of greyhounds max u mentioned merlin eve line when was the last pure greyhound put into this line and do u think putting a greyhound to something liek foxy would have added something to her... and to poacherpocket a geunine inquiry do u think when you was running these minshaw yrs ago was there enough accessiblity to a good coursing english dog and would u have added that rather than a greyhound...and what was the old minshaw type feet like.. lurchers are liek football teams everyone has a different fav but its up to the individual to choose what he wants or what he likes .. debating something is different to arguing dont u think.....

As much as it pains me to say it :laugh: you have some excellent points there :thumbs: