MINSHAW .....

that bitch of myne can run lyk ran 4 long ears and a rabbit just cought everything it ran daytime

How old are you minshaw man?

47 :laugh:

22 you sound lyk a slow old man

Is that aimed at me or hedz? :laugh: :laugh:

Gotta be you your well old :laugh:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Cat amongst the pigeons here ..... but IMO greyhound should not need to be added in any well established lurcher line.

Every1 is entitled to an opinion.

Fact is if Greyhound Blood was never used half the lurcher lines around today just wouldnt exist.

Minshaw

Merlin - Eve

Whatever , somewhere along the line and usually on more than one occassion Greyhound blood has been added.

Imo from time to time Greyhound blood has to be brought back in .

Ginny wasnt she out of a bull x Greyhound bitch to a Minshaw dog ? and that Minshaw dog will have Greyhound blood running through its veins somewhere along the line.

He said a well established line not at the begining of a line i think you have misunderstood what he ment,all or most lurchers have greyhound in there make up and i wouldnt use greyhound from time to time in a line i would rather use a fast lurcher from a line with proven speed and good wind or a coursing bred dog :thumbs:
  • Like 1

But if you were to add pure greyhound(or felt the line needed it) then surely using the best there is ie Sam The Man would be a step in the right direction.

can prob see the point if breeding a straight bedlington or acd, but not lurchers.
Guest Moscow

all humans were once apes would u let your daughter marry a chimpanzee... good thread and keep the lines tight imo

We agree on something :laugh:

Hedz you hit the nail on the head my ginger friend :thumbs:

all humans were once apes would u let your daughter marry a chimpanzee... good thread and keep the lines tight imo

We agree on something :laugh:

Hedz you hit the nail on the head my ginger friend :thumbs:

Feck of with that ginger shit ffs i am loseing friends daily with that :laugh: :laugh:
  • Like 1

Ginny wasnt she out of a bull x Greyhound bitch to a Minshaw dog ? and that Minshaw dog will have Greyhound blood running through its veins somewhere along the line.

No.

No what ?

Ginny wasnt out of a bull x, there aint no Grey blood in the Minshaw main players or both ?

This is the way i see things most lurchers are a twixt of different crosses ie,

Deerhound x Greyhounds

Saluki x Greyhounds

Border Collie x Greythounds

Beardie Collie x Greyhounds

Beddy x Greyhounds

Bull x Greyhounds

Whippet x Greyhounds

ect ect

These are then sometimes bred to each other.

So where would we be without Greyhounds

They are a necessity from time to time.

Mate really did you not get his post he said in a well established line he does not agree with useing a greyhound back across a bitch in a line as do many other folk's not like the idea each to there own :thumbs:
Guest Moscow

Max... No, not from a 1st x.... her parentage was lurcher x lurcher or generation x for some generations back.

Of course there is pure greyhounds in all lurchers generations back and thats where it should stay IMO.

I would not expect you to agree because you peddle or have peddled a lot of pups from known stud lurchers over greyhound bitchs maybe your thing but not mine.

Guest Moscow

What i dont agree on is you saying a Line dont need Greyhound Blood , i say from time to time it does as

I didnt say it didnt need greyhound blood. Iam sure if you read my posts properly you will work out what I said or meant.

Hedz has pointed it out to you twice if you need a clue.

Guest Moscow

What i dont agree on is you saying a Line dont need Greyhound Blood , i say from time to time it does .

The old peddler shite.

There is 1 thing Joe when i do breed il travel whatever distance to get the Sire i deem right No matter what the stud fee or cost of travel.

Captain

Smokey

Supa Blue

Wor John

With the Greys

Westmead Hawk £1.5k

Hondo Black 1k

Maxie Rumble £500

Premier Fantasy £1.2k

The old peddler shite dont wash with me Joe when your striving for quality

Yes folk using any backyard scrubber just because its easy or cheap.

Are folk who strive to breed quality chickens or cobs peddlers ?

If someone dont agree with you always resort to trying to demeen folk.

Dont worry everyone has breed faults.

Anyways lets get back to Minshaws as thats what the threads about, i was just replying to something Andy posted

I wasnt trying to "demeen" you, just stating truth as I see it.

You jumped on my post because you didnt like what I said, I replied its a forum ffs!

You have certainly bred quite a few litters and not many pups will still be in your runs i would gamble on that.

Your a peddler simple as that IMO....

surely u pick a stud dog for its quality in the field ....what quality does a greyhound bring to a working lurcher apart from speed.... so if u adding it to a strain u using it for speed and teh bitch or dog u putting it too wasnt fast enough or good enough for teh job it was doing .... so in my opinon wasnt up to the job itself...surely a good dog minshaw x a good bitch minshaw is better than putting a top greyhound to a minshaw.... sorry for hijacking teh thread just that i feel passionate about keeping teh working qualities of good old working strains intact.. edited to say i havent a f*****g clue about minshaws lol

Edited by karlsberg
  • Like 4