is the whippet becoming to popular for its own good

Rabbiting man you're on about breeders, so if joe bloggs goes out and buys a kc whippet that's a cracking worker he's wrong to do it is he.......a feckin piece of paper with a pedigree on as feck all to do with whether it'll work or not.And how is it a fact because you said it is! I'm not a fan of the kennel club but I'm not stupid enough to say that because its KC its shit.

• Like 3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like my whippets to look like a whippet, a beddy x whippets works but it's not a bloody whippet mate. I've seen some real crap being bred by the so called authority on working whippets. Its common k

I don't know you and you obviuosly don't know me with what your implying, however i will answer you questions   A show bred pup will cost from £400-£600, a working bred pup anything from £300- £600

whether your a fan of the kc whippet, non ped or lurcher is this not what the hunting life should be about guy's with experience helping others well done

Rabbiting man you're on about breeders, so if joe bloggs goes out and buys a kc whippet that's a cracking worker he's wrong to do it is he.......a feckin piece of paper with a pedigree on as feck all to do with whether it'll work or not.And how is it a fact because you said it is! I'm not a fan of the kennel club but I'm not stupid enough to say that because its KC its shit.

I didnt say that a KC reg working Whippet will be shit its their money not mine and that all what you paying for is the papers not the dog yeh I think it wrong to up the price on pups with KCs or any papers, you dont need fancy papers to get a good working Whippet or any dog for that matter.
  • Like 3

One good thing about kc registered that dogs pedigrees can easily be sourced so you can see exactly what dogs/bitches are in that line, same goes for bwra racing whippets. Yes the bwra dogs do have greyhound influence but these lines have been bred for decades, bwra dogs can be traced back as easily as a kc reg whippet. I like either type, my late father raced bwra dogs for years and our family still does as for the kc working type ones i really like them and would like one one day. The kc reg ones from the right working lines look to have all the qualitys i like in a ferreting dog.

Edited by lifelong cumbrian

As much as I dislike the K.C.; it's fair to say that the Pedigree Whippet is probably the ONLY K.C. registered type that still excells at it's origional function. There has been K.C. Whippets that have won Coursing Stakes, gained Rch status at racing, and won B.I.S at major shows. Unlike just about every other breed, the K.C. hasn't managed, (yet),to spoil the Whippet.

Cheers.

• Like 3

having kc reg doesnt mean you pay lots i paid £125 for my dog pup and think it was £140 for my bitch and both have kc papers bitch is great little worker and we will see how the pup turns out its looking good the now

Great little dogs, and yes I think there current popularity in working circles is leading to people obviously cashing in on them. As Chartpolski rightly says, the working and showing does still go hand in hand with this breed.

However IMo many of the so called working types lack quality, due to the market being flooded with certain dogs bred for £ not quality or working ability.

• Like 1

I like Whippets but it will be the non pedigree for me I wouldn't own any dog with a K.C the kennell club have done more harm than good to dogs they got no place in the working dog world so why bye one with a K.C.

Just a question, but how does being KC reg, make the dog less of a worker? If its worker x worker bred and registered, its as good as any other working bred dog. It's nt like the KC bred the dog?

I agree that the KC are shit, but it's nice to see a KC animal that is a 'proper' worker, it's a shame we couldnt reclaim the whole thing from the idiots.

There is also a difference between a 'non kc' whippet and a 'non-ped'. I wanted a whip, not a whip x grey.

This was not aimed at you and I didn't say that KC reg Whippet will be a less of a worker

I didn't suggest you aimed it at me, i was just explaining part of the reasoning behind someone going for a KC whip, i'm no lover of the kennel club, but wanted a whippet as opposed to a hard blood.

I just dont quite understand why you wouldnt have a kc whippet if it was worker x worker bred?

Cuz it's still KC bred I cant stand the kennell club so I wouldn't have any dog with a KC if I did then I be a hypocrite

Its got papers off the kennel club....it isn't bred by the kennel club is it,a lot of working kc whippets are a long way from breed standard mun! That's just twaddle your spouting :)

Hows that twaddle im spouting if I dont like the kennel club im not going to have a Whippet with a KC.

FACT they only breed Whippets and have them KC registered for one thing thats money cuz they know they get the asking price they are all dealers.

They only register them for the money? I know that some do, but certainly not all.

It costs 12 quid ish to register a pup, and get the papers sorted etc.

Plenty of folk sell KC whips with papers, for a decent price, no more than any other well bred dog 100-200 quid, and plenty also give pups (with KC papers) away to mates.

As said before, it just makes it easier to trace the bloodlines back.

theres pros and cons for the paper work,if its genuine,wich im sure in the vast majority of cases it is.i just think sometimes a few people like the paper work as they make more money out of their litters.been some interesting posts on here,and thankfully not to many harsh words,the whippet has a lot of fans and rightly so,its a handy little fker.the working whippet speaks for itself and has done for many years.

• Like 1

As much as I dislike the K.C.; it's fair to say that the Pedigree Whippet is probably the ONLY K.C. registered type that still excells at it's origional function. There has been K.C. Whippets that have won Coursing Stakes, gained Rch status at racing, and won B.I.S at major shows. Unlike just about every other breed, the K.C. hasn't managed, (yet),to spoil the Whippet.

Cheers.

i'm not a fan of the kc either but, as non peds and kc whippets come from the same beginnings many moons ago as the non peds clearly outperform the peds on the racetrack at least it could be argued that they have already spoiled the breed, they do breed truer to type cosmetically ie coat, shape size etc but are they that important

Cheers.

i'm not a fan of the kc either but, as non peds and kc whippets come from the same beginnings many moons ago as the non peds clearly outperform the peds on the racetrack at least it could be argued that they have already spoiled the breed, they do breed truer to type cosmetically ie coat, shape size etc but are they that important

The non peds may out perform the pedigree dogs on the racetrack, but i can't see them out performing the the kc dogs in the field as the non peds i've seen seriuosly lack the stamina required for work in the field, unless your just giving them a couple of runs on the lamp.

Cheers.

The non peds may out perform the pedigree dogs on the racetrack, but i can't see them out performing the the kc dogs in the field as the non peds i've seen seriuosly lack the stamina required for work in the field, unless your just giving them a couple of runs on the lamp.

i've owned non peds that took 20 + bunnies on the lamp, single handed hares and foxes and beat greyhounds on the track over 300yds

• Like 1