is the whippet becoming to popular for its own good

back on topic before i get bored of the same old whining record , yes there are far too many 2rd rate whippets being bred , which cant help in the long run

You are right mate, never thought i'd agree with you but you are right.

The problem with me is i'm passionate about the whippet and my whippets and it boils my piss when folk are just breeding for the numbers and not thinking about the lines and what they are breeding from. They sell to anyone who has the money.

The amount of whippets that are ending up in rescue centres is very worrying at the moment, and it's all down to over breeding and breeders selling whippets to unsuitable homes. I try and help out all i can in there fundraising events by donating photo shoots for them to auction off, where 100% of what they raise goes to the rescue centre.

I don't associate anymore with the so called authority as there just not worth it, recent video's just go to prove they are just kidding themselves. They can't pull the wool over anyones eyes now as they can see it with there own eyes now.....

what videos are you talking about mally ?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like my whippets to look like a whippet, a beddy x whippets works but it's not a bloody whippet mate. I've seen some real crap being bred by the so called authority on working whippets. Its common k

I don't know you and you obviuosly don't know me with what your implying, however i will answer you questions   A show bred pup will cost from £400-£600, a working bred pup anything from £300- £600

whether your a fan of the kc whippet, non ped or lurcher is this not what the hunting life should be about guy's with experience helping others well done

Back to the original topic though, i've been to a couple of shows and whippets nd beddy/whippets do seem to attract some funny folk, the proper show crew. We were at a show a few weeks back and i was stood with my lad in the pissing rain for hours, and just before the whippet class i was thinking, it's going to be one quiet class, with just me, and then just as the class was about to start, van doors opened and whippets appeared everywhere. Didn't look like one of them had chased a bunny in their lives. I'm proud to say my wet through, cold, miserable looking, wee lad, still took 2nd, despite it being the biggest class of the day and full of very dry dogs :laugh:

One thng that made me laugh was that there were at least two familys that seemed to have about 4/5 whippets and entered each one in the class, held by a different family member.

We were at another show last year and a lass turned up with about 5/6 whippets of different ages and sexes, to enter into each class, the back of her van looked like an rspca van, and i think she left with another whippet pup she bought at the show.

Having said all that, when it comes to working, i've been really impressed, i knew feck all about them when i got one, but just liked the look of the couple of dogs id seen of that line, and thought i'd give it a go, and feck me, best money i have spent. The dog hunts like very few other's ive seen and has balls of steel, will tackle anything i let him, and has knocked over stuff i was told he wouldnt. And in the house he is great company, very chilled.

• Like 4

I like Whippets but it will be the non pedigree for me I wouldn't own any dog with a K.C the kennell club have done more harm than good to dogs they got no place in the working dog world so why bye one with a K.C.

Just a question, but how does being KC reg, make the dog less of a worker? If its worker x worker bred and registered, its as good as any other working bred dog. It's nt like the KC bred the dog?

I agree that the KC are shit, but it's nice to see a KC animal that is a 'proper' worker, it's a shame we couldnt reclaim the whole thing from the idiots.

There is also a difference between a 'non kc' whippet and a 'non-ped'. I wanted a whip, not a whip x grey.

I like Whippets but it will be the non pedigree for me I wouldn't own any dog with a K.C the kennell club have done more harm than good to dogs they got no place in the working dog world so why bye one with a K.C.

Just a question, but how does being KC reg, make the dog less of a worker? If its worker x worker bred and registered, its as good as any other working bred dog. It's nt like the KC bred the dog?

I agree that the KC are shit, but it's nice to see a KC animal that is a 'proper' worker, it's a shame we couldnt reclaim the whole thing from the idiots.

There is also a difference between a 'non kc' whippet and a 'non-ped'. I wanted a whip, not a whip x grey.

This was not aimed at you and I didn't say that KC reg Whippet will be a less of a worker

This was not aimed at you and I didn't say that KC reg Whippet will be a less of a worker

I didn't suggest you aimed it at me, i was just explaining part of the reasoning behind someone going for a KC whip, i'm no lover of the kennel club, but wanted a whippet as opposed to a hard blood.

I just dont quite understand why you wouldnt have a kc whippet if it was worker x worker bred?

I didn't suggest you aimed it at me, i was just explaining part of the reasoning behind someone going for a KC whip, i'm no lover of the kennel club, but wanted a whippet as opposed to a hard blood.

I just dont quite understand why you wouldnt have a kc whippet if it was worker x worker bred?

Cuz it's still KC bred I cant stand the kennell club so I wouldn't have any dog with a KC if I did then I be a hypocrite

Cuz it's still KC bred I cant stand the kennell club so I wouldn't have any dog with a KC if I did then I be a hypocrite

Its got papers off the kennel club....it isn't bred by the kennel club is it,a lot of working kc whippets are a long way from breed standard mun! That's just twaddle your spouting :)

wanted a working whippet since i started ferreting and mooching 15 years ago,finaly got 1 last week,wanted a laguna 1 back then but found a line wats just as good if not better,has laguna a few generations back in her pedigree also,cant wait to get her out hunting when shes older,till then its retreving recall and other basic training to get on with.

would it be a fair assumption to say that some one who breeds a litter or two every year isnt keeping a pup from each litter bred so therefore must be doing it for money,or is it true that they make no money from a litter or two each year as its expensive to raise two litters of pups till there eight weeks old.

To rear a litter of puppies well isn't cheap, however the price of one pup will almost cover all the costs associated with rearing and registering a full litter.

Just to give you all an idea

Stud fee £100-£200

1 bag puppy food £30.00

Raw beef/Lamb 120lbs (for bitch and pups) £56

goats milk £40.00

Registration @ £12 a pup (thats what it cost me 2 years ago not sure how much it is now)

Wormer etc £30

electric (heatlamp) £70

if your giving out about the price of food for pups etc why bloody breed in the first place ..........simple its all the money
  • Like 1

would it be a fair assumption to say that some one who breeds a litter or two every year isnt keeping a pup from each litter bred so therefore must be doing it for money,or is it true that they make no money from a litter or two each year as its expensive to raise two litters of pups till there eight weeks old.

To rear a litter of puppies well isn't cheap, however the price of one pup will almost cover all the costs associated with rearing and registering a full litter.

Just to give you all an idea

Stud fee £100-£200

1 bag puppy food £30.00

Raw beef/Lamb 120lbs (for bitch and pups) £56

goats milk £40.00

Registration @ £12 a pup (thats what it cost me 2 years ago not sure how much it is now)

Wormer etc £30

electric (heatlamp) £70

if your giving out about the price of food for pups etc why bloody breed in the first place ..........simple its all the money

i personally think if you need or want reimbursed for breeding your own dog or dogs then that says it all about you.... if you cant afford to breed, dont breed...

Its got papers off the kennel club....it isn't bred by the kennel club is it,a lot of working kc whippets are a long way from breed standard mun! That's just twaddle your spouting :)

Hows that twaddle im spouting if I dont like the kennel club im not going to have a Whippet with a KC.

FACT they only breed Whippets and have them KC registered for one thing thats money cuz they know they get the asking price they are all dealers.