• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Council kids in a pretty tough comprehensive, but that's coming to an end this year due to budget cuts, and just landed the keepers job on my local estate

i bend the bananas when they come of the boat

RSPCA

Ive more or less apart from a few spells of employment always worked for myself, left school and worked for a firm doing bird control as a falconer. I was a window cleaner for years with a few lads working for me, plastered on site and off for a good few years. And more recently i owned and ran a national car park enforcement company, it was a giggle and i had some pretty big contracts and earned a few quid out of it, but i didn't exactly win the Mr popular of the year badge.! LOL. Got fed up with the hassle and bother it brought so got shut. I know have a shop in the retail trade with a business partner and employ six people, touch wood were not doing to bad, but could also be better. So have ducked and dived and generally bullshitted my way through business, but have had a good crack and it keeps the wolf from the door.

ATB

Freelance

problem is every gobshite around me tries their hand at a bit of painting,

, i've done quite a bit of decorating in the past, some of the total effin inbreds out there that call themselves decorators is astounding, it's a bloody shame, decs get all the hard work of putting all the other feckers shit right.

if your a ducker and diver doin painting and decorating -- dont that make you as bad ?

Im a qualified tradesman,so dont know if that was aimed at me or not.I take it the'' i've done quite a bit of decorating in the past'' is the reason for your comments so yeah looks like what I was on about,lol.another part timer.

• Like 1

Work in oxfordshire is strong turning work away daily due to fully booked up till sept

I mean too busy shooting and hunting.

happy days for me not so good for others its a starnge one employmen at the moment alot of trademen where greedy and still expecting £200 a day on the bricks etc .

ATB Cookie

Why is £200 a day being greedy on the bricks a bricklayer who lays a thousand bricks a day housebuilding justifiably earns that sort of money [bANNED TEXT] you see the price new build houses go for and on price sub contract baisis he will have to make the hod carriers money as well.
  • Like 1

Work in oxfordshire is strong turning work away daily due to fully booked up till sept

happy days for me not so good for others its a starnge one employmen at the moment alot of trademen where greedy and still expecting £200 a day on the bricks etc .

ATB Cookie

Why is £200 a day being greedy on the bricks a bricklayer who lays a thousand bricks a day housebuilding justifiably earns that sort of money [bANNED TEXT] you see the price new build houses go for and on price sub contract baisis he will have to make the hod carriers money as well.

Spot on Del. Manual trades will f**k you right up in the long run too, you've got to make as much hay as you can while the sun shines.. :thumbs:

ATB Cookie

Spot on Del. Manual trades will f**k you right up in the long run too, you've got to make as much hay as you can while the sun shines.. :thumbs:

It just pisses me off malt [bANNED TEXT] people moan about how much money grafters get in the building trade get for working hard at the side of exstortionate soliciters who charge nearly £200 for an hours work in some cases.
  • Like 3

I work for a magazine about lasers, some of them are used in the oil industry which helps fill my car on the drive to work.

I just want to work with dogs, even if I am just cleaning up shit and getting attacked by alsatians training in pp...but also interested in buying/selling random stuff to get a bit of extra money recently. Seem to just be buying stuff and keeping it atm though :hmm:

find yourself an auction buy up the joblot boxes -- car boot em on a sunday .. i car boot all my shit on carboots every 6 weeks good earner ..

There is an auction not too far from me, sell a lot of reclaimed and police stuff I am keen to have a look at. Boot sales for definite, but also pretty interested in buying the storage units companies get stuck with, when people stop paying or die or whatever. Bit of a gamble but I suppose it depends on if you can get it cheap or they are auctioned off.

do storage units auction off units ? i cant find any that do

not heard of any over here its big in the u s -- .

There is a tv series based in the US, but a UK version is coming out soon so I have pretty much just assumed they do. To be honest I haven't looked around yet to find out, but they must empty them somehow? There are loads of private self stroage companies that might be open to it and the larger ones might not see the benefit in paying staff to route through them all for valuables. But hopefully not too many will cotton on if it does go on so they still go cheap.

I work for a magazine about lasers, some of them are used in the oil industry which helps fill my car on the drive to work.

I just want to work with dogs, even if I am just cleaning up shit and getting attacked by alsatians training in pp...but also interested in buying/selling random stuff to get a bit of extra money recently. Seem to just be buying stuff and keeping it atm though :hmm:

find yourself an auction buy up the joblot boxes -- car boot em on a sunday .. i car boot all my shit on carboots every 6 weeks good earner ..

There is an auction not too far from me, sell a lot of reclaimed and police stuff I am keen to have a look at. Boot sales for definite, but also pretty interested in buying the storage units companies get stuck with, when people stop paying or die or whatever. Bit of a gamble but I suppose it depends on if you can get it cheap or they are auctioned off.

do storage units auction off units ? i cant find any that do

not heard of any over here its big in the u s -- .

There is a tv series based in the US, but a UK version is coming out soon so I have pretty much just assumed they do. To be honest I haven't looked around yet to find out, but they must empty them somehow? There are loads of private self stroage companies that might be open to it and the larger ones might not see the benefit in paying staff to route through them all for valuables. But hopefully not too many will cotton on if it does go on so they still go cheap.

everyone will be into it --- you wanna see the dealers front row every car boot,jumble sale , church fete --

ATB Cookie

i was fecked at 50 from my job --- made the money but at what cost health wise -- ..
  • Like 1

ATB Cookie

spot on mate, plus diesel, stihl saw, petrol, van, insurance and tools

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

ATB Cookie

Greeby was not the right word I meant unrealistic in the current market I dont think its a unfair wage I too was a time severd city and guild brickie in the earlier 90s but the wage was driven down so low I got out of it.

In oxforshire the day rate has been driven down to £125 a day purley due to lack of house building it a sad day but I think tradesmen need to wake up to it ever trade I know who is quiet is due to day rates.

Where as the guys who have dropped are still pulling in £600 to £750 a week .

I have dropped mine and booked till sept some would say a busy fool but the fact is I would rather work 52 weeks at £600 a week than 20 weeks at £1000 a week.

ATB Cookie