why are some rabbits faster in different parts of the country

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can YOU Run faster in long grass? up a hill? Or on a flat field? ..answer = flat field EVERYTIME meaning it all boils down to the terrain!! SIMPLE or it should be!! ATB Andy

I look at it this way: a dog, running on a golf course skids on the turn. Neither can it dig in and get purchase to push off at each stride.The ground is hard (usually), and very smooth. This favours

anybody thats done abit will know its not the rabbit its the land that makes the difference ,like running rabbits on wet sticky wheat will sapp the dogs alot quicker when on numbers,give the dog sore

Yes you see your not as stupid as you make out! the post i put up about the greyhounds was a test and you all seem to think that not all greyhounds was equal, some of you said select breeding others said chicken nuggats and potatoes but on a whole you all agreed that it possible to get a variant of speed in one species, LOOK GUYS IM TRYING TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU not all rabbits are the same were ever you are, and if you carnt see this now there is no hope for you its true what they say you carnt educate pork and if arsholes could fly this forum would be air traffick control

your f@ckin crackers

Is it true the black ones are faster??

there's a black rabbit knocking about up one of my farms,and he runs as if he got a rocket up his arse.....lol

and i can't seem to catch him......i would have thought i would bolt him one day while ferreting but i have'nt yet.....

bolted a few ginger ones.... so i dont know where he hides.....ha,ha, my day will come.

all the best,

jay. :victory:

Your gonna have to go for the ultimate then Jim down at the Brick's as he says they are the best there is? ATB Andy. ;)

Is that why he lost the lamping competition up north to a rescue dog.. :D ..if the rabbit's where that hard down there his ultimate dog should of cleaned up further north.. :D

• Like 1

Not that it make's any difference but i have seen rabbit's run down the Norflok way several time's with a gos up there arse and they are no differant to what i have seen anywhere else in the country..they are all the same from what i have seen..the only difference is they have bellies full of young further south earlier in the year,..during lamping season.. :yes:

anybody thats done abit will know its not the rabbit its the land that makes the difference ,like running rabbits on wet sticky wheat will sapp the dogs alot quicker when on numbers,give the dog sore nails etc, fields with stone walls in them the rabbits got to turn off it with a dog up its arse it cant fly straight in like a field with thin hedges, sheep netted fields rabbits cant hit them flat out with a dog up its arse, , long tuffdy grass fields can be a help but can be a bas#### aswell when they keep running and then squatting, but where ever your dogs gotta be very FIT to take big numbers where ever you run them imo its the land that makes the differnce only my opinion but thats my take on it

• Like 4

anybody thats done abit will know its not the rabbit its the land that makes the difference

I dunno mate, maybe golf course rabbits are a special type of beast which strangely occur on every golf course in the country but nowhere else.. :rolleyes::laugh: