NEW NUTTALL????????????

Ripstop

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the greatest of respect, I suspect you'll find that PP's dogs came from Brian rather than the other way round.   For example PP's Poker.... a dog which earned itself something of a reputation,

the one o the right is brians

Mr.Quinn You know many a good dog has been ruined,or called a failure due to the improper handling/and or introduction to work.Often the man who rushes/ruins the dog has gotten it from another and is

did you ave a go with them older ones oldtimer 15 years tolong ago for me ? did they look like the newer ones i had 3 till 1 died lasweek and they all looked and acted totaly diffrent but if you have a 30 strong famlie of dogs i ame sure you will get old and new blood in there still if there is a old type it. intrestes me this as i keep nuttal dogs whuld like to see some pics of the older types or hear about some first hand experiance with these dogs also some first hand experiances with the new ones as alot of it i have read on here seems a bit quick to slag the the man and you dont no what to belive.. i decided not to belive none of it and just wait and see for my self and give a honest account of how my dogs do

i see what your saying i have seen a dog brought back to him of lads who said it was shit at 16 monthes old this dog was re introduced and correctley and slowley and is now doing well the the only thing i can say about one of mine is its a bit timid but but my other one is bold as they come

Mr.Quinn

You know many a good dog has been ruined,or called a failure due to the improper handling/and or introduction to work.Often the man who rushes/ruins the dog has gotten it from another and is quick to spew about how that strain is worthless,blah,blah.

But he is quick to make excuses when one of his own dogs fail.

Dont get me wrong,i for sure know they all dont make it.

But we all know,that human ignorance can definitely play a role.

With all that said,old new Nuttall still confuses me,,THEN Ihear about Miner,and wonder,if Miner is of the old line,i see him in the new.

And I thought the bull blood was in the old line,and folks saying Russell blood is in the new.

Waz had a collage of Good old Nuttall dogs posted.

And finally,as for Mr.Brian Nuttall,to Me,i dont care what folks rag on him about,the same guys woyld rag on the Pope.

My hat's off to Mr.Nuttall,cause this man has contributed more to this breed,more,far more than most myself most definitely included, could ever dream.

If he makes some money,GOD Bless him,cause i'm sure there were plenty of yrs when he didnt,and what he did was out of pocket for the love & persevering of this fine breed.

GOD Bless Brian Nuttall

uru

how can there be old and new it all ends up going back to where it started eventually. New lines can be introduced making a newer type of the old, which may or may not be liked. In my view it would come down to why was it introduced and what was wrong in the old that it had to be introduced.

Old Nuttall, new Nuttall.... This chestnut has been raging for years.... First off, speak to the man, he'll tell you there is no such thing...!

I can remember going to an open night at the old Wigan Club looking to buy a terrier, I was aged 14, i'm 45 this year, Nuttall was one of the guest speakers and, as I have heard him many times since, spoke all about the breeding of his terriers. After the talk it was time for questions and the two that kept raging on, one of which is that what we are talking about now, 'the differences between old and new'! (This was very pre Miner and the other question I'll save for when a thred comes up...!)

He gave the men the same answer he has given everyone else since, the one above.... Make of it what you will.....! ;)

So really its been maybe an outcross of a smaller type, bull to add the bull, or whatever.

i take it smaller was used in the U.S. for coon etc.

What about the uk??

im not slating Brian I dont know him, just wanting a healthy debate, its a forum afterall.

I never thought miner was old and new.

Maybe I should of said TYPE.

i think it was 1989 when i had my first nuttall dog a big strong dog with a good head..... nice stamp of a dog and a good grafter to ad ....but back then there was a toatly diffrent looking than to days dogs from Brian imop......... but if thay still graft all that matters atb x38

Bitch on right is all Nuttall blood @ 13". She eventually jacked, tried and tried to get her going again but she didnt have the heart. The bloke who bred her took her back.

Id have another Nuttall bred pup but this time id want it from tested dug to parents.

tri-2.jpg

his best old stuff probably 15 year ago... some of hios original stuf came off likes as buck breat phelan them types i beleive an phelan had some top stuff at time so a beleive..

With the greatest of respect, I suspect you'll find that PP's dogs came from Brian rather than the other way round.

For example PP's Poker.... a dog which earned itself something of a reputation, was born in October 1975 and bred by Brian. Poker was the result of mating Penny and Punch, both of which were owned by Brian and which I saw work and dug to on countless occasions.

Penny's Grandfather was Kipper (of Breay lines) later owned by W.W. then terrierman to the Grove and Rufford and Punch's Grandfather was Rusty (Breay), both of which feature in Plummer's Fell Terrier book... So yes there certainly was a fair bit of Mr Breay and FB's breeding in there, but that was almost 40 years back.

Speaking from personal experience (rather than hearsay), I was always very impressed with the way both Penny and Punch worked, as I was with all of Brian's dogs at that time when there were none of the quarry restrictions that exist today. So when Brian was kind enough to offer to give me (not sell) a choice of bitch puppies out of that same litter as Poker, I almost snatched his hand off.

She was a smooth black bitch I called Judy, who did me good service throughout the whole of her life and never once looked back right up until her death in March 1982.

If I had to any criticism whatsoever to offer of those lines, it would be that some of the bitches could on occasions be a little too hard for their own good particularly with foxes (thinking they were a match for every one), but then rather like the dogs they were 100% rock solid and sensible when dealing with anything more formidable.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

his best old stuff probably 15 year ago... some of hios original stuf came off likes as buck breat phelan them types i beleive an phelan had some top stuff at time so a beleive..

With the greatest of respect, I suspect you'll find that PP's dogs came from Brian rather than the other way round.

For example PP's Poker.... a dog which earned itself something of a reputation, was born in October 1975 and bred by Brian. Poker was the result of mating Penny and Punch, both of which were owned by Brian and which I saw work and dug to on countless occasions.

Penny's Grandfather was Kipper (of Breay lines) later owned by W.W. then terrierman to the Grove and Rufford and Punch's Grandfather was Rusty (Breay), both of which feature in Plummer's Fell Terrier book... So yes there certainly was a fair bit of Mr Breay and FB's breeding in there, but that was almost 40 years back.

Speaking from personal experience (rather than hearsay), I was always very impressed with the way both Penny and Punch worked, as I was with all of Brian's dogs at that time when there were none of the quarry restrictions that exist today. So when Brian was kind enough to offer to give me (not sell) a choice of bitch puppies out of that same litter as Poker, I almost snatched his hand off.

She was a smooth black bitch I called Judy, who did me good service throughout the whole of her life and never once looked back right up until her death in March 1982.

If I had to any criticism whatsoever to offer of those lines, it would be that some of the bitches could on occasions be a little too hard for their own good particularly with foxes (thinking they were a match for every one), but then rather like the dogs they were 100% rock solid and sensible when dealing with anything more formidable.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

HA HA classic barrie.... i like a man way a bit of FACT.... oldtimer he has just put you in your place.... man i knows father dug over brians dogs too like 25 years ago still has them in his yard today

Archived