Another day in the dales.

done the same with rabbits dropped a bag of carrots in feild later that nite we got tons surrounding it lol ye foxes rats can be enticed like most animals, some natural enticement some a bit pre baiting especaily when weather is hard ,

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well blackmail certainly does work. I accidentaly took Russ's gloves home last time i was invited....and the only way to get them back, was another invite   A gorgeous sunny day today, no wind for

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late. When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here an

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think

Posted Images

Top banana guys and gals!! Looks like a cracking days sports you had there? Pics are top drawer as is the norm and as the norm on here the f*****g wankers who do nothing other than shit stir are BACK again trying to ruin a perfectly good thread!! While you folk were out working your dogs on a frosty winters morning i could just about bet my life the nit-pickers on here will of been lying in bed stinking after a drunken Friday night? Why do you bother Moll? My hounds and my lads hounds are out this morning YES 4 lurchers and TOGETHER..PROBLEM???..i don't give a f**k!! so why should anyone else!!! Rant over..ATB Andy. ;)

If thats what folk wana do andy its up to them, each to there own n all that, but do you think its fair on the quarry o how it looks especially to the likes of joe bloggs or is a good idea to put up on here knowin how those kind of photos can n will be potrayed..

The jobs f****d already Dodge mate...you know it and i know it..things will never be the same again in this game no matter what anyone says? Government is a joke and so is every other party in opposition to em. Not one of them can lie straight in bed for telling a pack of lies.There is NOTHING illegal about any of those pics so personally i cannot see a problem with them? All you can do is just keep on keeping on :ninja: .ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 1

"Bobbery Packs" used to be quite popular a while back; a couple of Lurchers, Whippets and Terriers all mooching around to see what they could lift. It wasn't supposed to be serious hunting, just a walk with the dogs and a bit sport. On a day like today, it would be far better than sitting here waiting for the football to start !! LOL !! I had my two out for about three hours this morning, and if I'd had a flask of soup or coffee with me, I still wouldn't be home ! Nowt wrong with having a long walk and letting the dogs run loose, catching something is just a bonus !

Cheers.

• Like 7

Tell you what, it's just me, I,'m a troublesome git, guilty. Or go back and look at everyone of those pictures with a multitude of dogs and a single rabbit and tell me it's not shoddy. In everyone of the situations photographed a single dog would have faired better, they're all so intent on beating the other dog to the prize they're making hard work of a simple rabbit that each and everyone of them would have caught with less effort being run solo. The red collie cross is the only one who looks focused. It's a circus. Clowns up next.

Of course single dogs would have faired better, and more rabbits would have been caught.

I cannot understand, why YOU cannot understand, that was not what the day was about...how many times, in how many ways do i have to explain :doh::laugh:

Don't equate not agreeing with not understanding, I understand it was a social occasion rather than a serious hunting trip ( or rather hoped it was the case) but my views are my opinion, that it's shoddy. Now if you only want nice remarks from your friends why not say so at the beginning of your posts, otherwise expect positive and negative responses. You and others enjoy that type of day, whilst many (myself included) don't. There's also a trend rising on here now that if your not posting pictures and hunting tales then your not doing any hunting and shouldn't be commenting on the real hunting peoples threads, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

as kids we had bobbery packs charti , never big bags but sport ,and very rarely with ferrets maily cver beating abit bramble out , houses goverment took alot of waste land away to hunt like that and alot of illegal game now to push areas out in day lite , but great sport as kids thats how we lernt

very true mackay , if you dont put dogs up pics etc some are lost , who the fech wants a camera when they go for a walk or a hunt at nite , be nice sometimes but not essentail , would rather have a good dog than a camera , but moll she takes a good photo ,

Top banana guys and gals!! Looks like a cracking days sports you had there? Pics are top drawer as is the norm and as the norm on here the f*****g wankers who do nothing other than shit stir are BACK again trying to ruin a perfectly good thread!! While you folk were out working your dogs on a frosty winters morning i could just about bet my life the nit-pickers on here will of been lying in bed stinking after a drunken Friday night? Why do you bother Moll? My hounds and my lads hounds are out this morning YES 4 lurchers and TOGETHER..PROBLEM???..i don't give a f**k!! so why should anyone else!!! Rant over..ATB Andy. ;)

If thats what folk wana do andy its up to them, each to there own n all that, but do you think its fair on the quarry o how it looks especially to the likes of joe bloggs or is a good idea to put up on here knowin how those kind of photos can n will be potrayed..

The jobs f****d already Dodge mate...you know it and i know it..things will never be the same again in this game no matter what anyone says? Government is a joke and so is every other party in opposition to em. Not one of them can lie straight in bed for telling a pack of lies.There is NOTHING illegal about any of those pics so personally i cannot see a problem with them? All you can do is just keep on keeping on :ninja: .ATB Andy. ;)

It is fecked your right n it'l end up a bigger dieing trade than your local butcher, but atleast its still leagle to go rabbiting , as you say at least we can keep on keeping on 'for now anyways' atb :thumbs:

nice pics moll,,looks like a cracking day out, with good mates,,,, charty siad what i was going to,, just a bobery pack out hunting..................................is it hugly difrent to a pack of hounds hunting a fox??

• Like 2

ye a fox is a more supieror animal than a rabbit he bites back and well a hunter ,some aeras you need a few dogs tomo get qaurry to leave others you dont we all hunt diffrent tomo ,had some good laughs walking stubbles and hunting in that manner as we were surrounded in old pit bings till mid eighties ,

Tell you what, it's just me, I,'m a troublesome git, guilty. Or go back and look at everyone of those pictures with a multitude of dogs and a single rabbit and tell me it's not shoddy. In everyone of the situations photographed a single dog would have faired better, they're all so intent on beating the other dog to the prize they're making hard work of a simple rabbit that each and everyone of them would have caught with less effort being run solo. The red collie cross is the only one who looks focused. It's a circus. Clowns up next.

Of course single dogs would have faired better, and more rabbits would have been caught.

I cannot understand, why YOU cannot understand, that was not what the day was about...how many times, in how many ways do i have to explain :doh::laugh:

Don't equate not agreeing with not understanding, I understand it was a social occasion rather than a serious hunting trip ( or rather hoped it was the case) but my views are my opinion, that it's shoddy. Now if you only want nice remarks from your friends why not say so at the beginning of your posts, otherwise expect positive and negative responses. You and others enjoy that type of day, whilst many (myself included) don't. There's also a trend rising on here now that if your not posting pictures and hunting tales then your not doing any hunting and shouldn't be commenting on the real hunting peoples threads, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

I did not equate agreeing with understanding Mackay, that my dear is in your own head along with your opinion that to go out hunting with friends and posting photos is perverse.

The rising trend as you put it, is more to do with people as yourself, who join a hunting forum then time and time again never seem to post anything positive on other peoples threads but rather belittle other posters or people who do take the time to put threads up, without actually taking the time to start topics yourself.

Now if you only want nice remarks from your friends why not say so at the beginning of your posts

Now that was a hurtfull comment to make :cray:

:D

"Bobbery Packs" used to be quite popular a while back; a couple of Lurchers, Whippets and Terriers all mooching around to see what they could lift. It wasn't supposed to be serious hunting, just a walk with the dogs and a bit sport. On a day like today, it would be far better than sitting here waiting for the football to start !! LOL !! I had my two out for about three hours this morning, and if I'd had a flask of soup or coffee with me, I still wouldn't be home ! Nowt wrong with having a long walk and letting the dogs run loose, catching something is just a bonus !

Cheers.

Spot on :thumbs:

nice pics moll,,looks like a cracking day out, with good mates,,,, charty siad what i was going to,, just a bobery pack out hunting..................................is it hugly difrent to a pack of hounds hunting a fox??

Didn't there used to be,(maybe still is), a "Rabbit Pack" of terriers, that go out ? I seem to remember reading about them on one of the sites ?

Cheers.