Another day in the dales.

Tell you what, it's just me, I,'m a troublesome git, guilty. Or go back and look at everyone of those pictures with a multitude of dogs and a single rabbit and tell me it's not shoddy. In everyone of the situations photographed a single dog would have faired better, they're all so intent on beating the other dog to the prize they're making hard work of a simple rabbit that each and everyone of them would have caught with less effort being run solo. The red collie cross is the only one who looks focused. It's a circus. Clowns up next.

Of course single dogs would have faired better, and more rabbits would have been caught.

I cannot understand, why YOU cannot understand, that was not what the day was about...how many times, in how many ways do i have to explain :doh::laugh:

Don't equate not agreeing with not understanding, I understand it was a social occasion rather than a serious hunting trip ( or rather hoped it was the case) but my views are my opinion, that it's shoddy. Now if you only want nice remarks from your friends why not say so at the beginning of your posts, otherwise expect positive and negative responses. You and others enjoy that type of day, whilst many (myself included) don't. There's also a trend rising on here now that if your not posting pictures and hunting tales then your not doing any hunting and shouldn't be commenting on the real hunting peoples threads, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

ID agree with all that,You upset lads on here for giving a opion,Its like if you put pics up you are a super hunter or somthing.Moll great pics

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well blackmail certainly does work. I accidentaly took Russ's gloves home last time i was invited....and the only way to get them back, was another invite   A gorgeous sunny day today, no wind for

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late. When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here an

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think

Posted Images

Guest first light

very true mackay , if you dont put dogs up pics etc some are lost , who the fech wants a camera when they go for a walk or a hunt at nite , be nice sometimes but not essentail , would rather have a good dog than a camera , but moll she takes a good photo ,

lol who wants a cam think this site will be a bit shit if there was pics looks at this post 8 pages long and still going off a camera

nice pics top camera work keep them comeing

If no-one put constructive topics up including one's such as this with a few pics showing off a days hunting then what IS the point of the forum? You may as well pin a few topics ie:feeding,health etc and say f**k it? Who gives a f**k about "what size will it make" and show us your 3/4 breds? Let's see your dogs heads etc:..i enjoy topics such as this and also many of the ferreting ones too even Weasle's from t'other day lol...c'mon folk lighten up a bit and TRY and enjoy it for what it is..."a few pics from a days hunting"..taking the pics and then uploading them onto here for other peoples benefit just to be shot down will only mean one thing...NO MORE!! Yes we all have opinions but if its not your cup of tea then just say nothing? Negative posts and criticism will only spoil it for the rest of us if Moll and others stop posting imo? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 5

Its all part of hunting socially when the shooting news was popular what page did you go to first,The letters page to see all the legends of the time acting like children slagging one another of.Go out with a hound pack and there will be a 20 lads who dont know the front of a hound from the back trying to tell you the huntsmans drawing the wrong cover,or the whips standing in the wrong place.This dream of every one getting on is a dream.Lads ignoring my posts because ive bruised there inflated

egos by questioning them doesn't make me sad,It makes me laugh that there so precious. :thumbs:

yes whin a fox is a tufer animall,,, but they only avrage 16-18 lbs,,, and you have 20 couple of hounds after them weighing in at 60+ pounds each ,,, and theres never one hound killing it... or a pack of a dozen terriers ratting on a farm ,, this aint a pop at foxhunting or any hunting with hounds,,, just a comparason............................all the lass has put up is what looked like a cracking day with mates,,

• Like 1

never said any diffrent tomo , says she took good photos many times , ive never enjoyed working terriers with lurchers never will unless to ground on the old red tail , but some terriers if not as highly prey driven like the ones i had, well maybe be as good as a cockerspaneil etc , in some places the only way to get sport is abobbery pack as cover to dense at times and no open land to course it so has its uses

Are most of the folk knocking it, mainly lampers, as i can understand why it would go against the grain if so.

But day time mooching on rough land, you need three or four dogs just to cover all angles etc. And that's just runners.

• Like 3

Are most of the folk knocking it, mainly lampers, as i can understand why it would go against the grain if so.

But day time mooching on rough land, you need three or four dogs just to cover all angles etc. And that's just runners.

"Mainly Lampers" :hmm: Seems a strange thing to say; From what I read, some lampers have had only good things to say....

Cheers.

"Mainly Lampers" :hmm: Seems a strange thing to say; From what I read, some lampers have had only good things to say....

Cheers.

Sorry i think that came across wrong.

What i meant was - are those that are horrified by it , for the main part, into lamping. Because then i can see how seeing multiple dogs on a rabbit could be a very alien and wrong sight.

If you do a fair bit of daytime mooching, especially with only one dog, then you will have had lots of experiances, of the rabbit (or whatever) breaking cover and your single dog being in the wrong place.

• Like 1

Cheers.

i dont think thats what ideation is saying mate,,,,,,,,,,, i think hes saying he could understand if it WAS lampers having a pop,,,

posted at same time

Edited by TOMO