Another day in the dales.

wheres the pics of the ferrets there in the team too?

Gulity as charged I'm afraid poacher. I did try to get one down a hole with a rabbit, but it did not come out clear enough. The lens i was using with the camera was too big to get any close up shots :thumbs:

One of the ferrets was the smallest HOB i have ever seen, smaller than most jills.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well blackmail certainly does work. I accidentaly took Russ's gloves home last time i was invited....and the only way to get them back, was another invite   A gorgeous sunny day today, no wind for

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late. When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here an

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think

Posted Images

a few friends have got together and had a day out with a number of dogs.theres no harm in that.

i must admit that sometimes i go hunting when there are too many dogs about,occasionally ive gone out with someone who brings a terrier and all it does is flush rabbits my lurcher has found and is trying to take from the seat but theres a place for just having a walk out with a mate.as for those that think it unsporting i bet if the dogs in this thread had been split up and hunted alone alot more rabbits would have fallen.

• Like 1

you can not beat going out with a pack of dogs. packs of dogs/wolfs is natural. the only difference is your finding your own quarry for the dogs instead of them finding quarry there self. in my opionion if you disagree with this i class you as an anti because its no different from a terrier bolting to a pack of fox hounds pre ban. obviously making the sport your own , surely bolting to dogs is more sport than using nets! what chance does the quarry have surrounded by nets! there killed just as quick by pack of dogs theres no suffering. ferrets dont kill rabbits as fast as dogs and nor will a terrier kill a fox as quick as a hound will pre ban. i get the feeling were surrounded by antis some times . great post moll and folks

Mate, not thinking that running dogs mob handed at whatever quarry is the ideal hunting method doesn't make you an anti.

You say nothings better than going out with a pack of dogs, fair enough that's your perogative, me and I would think many others would think that's not the case and there's nothing better than going out alone or perhaps another person and working your own dog, watching it do the task it was born and trained to do. Call me old fashioned, but I've always tried to go about my business with the minimum of exposure, and as low key as possible even pursuing legal quarry on legal permission, everyone has their own chosen method of hunting. I don't actually care about the rabbits chased and caught by one dog or ten, a dead rabbits a dead rabbit whichever way you paint it. I've expressed my views so I won't repeat it. The other main reason I wouldn't adopt the style of hunting seen is I personally think it's a timebomb waiting to ignite, way too much competition and way too many dogs, ok Moll, Millet and people there say they haven't experienced any problems, try hunting a pack like that a couple or three times a week for a season and watch dominance, aggression issues coming to the fore, obedience and retrieving nose diving. Add injuries from dogs colliding and fighting and your once handy dog is now just a pack animal as so many of you are quick say they are. A good lurcher in my book isn't and shouldn't be a pack animal. Anyway it would be a right dull world if we all thought the same. So with world peace and diplomacy in mind I'd just add, nice pics Moll, dogs are looking in fine nick.

you can not beat going out with a pack of dogs. packs of dogs/wolfs is natural. the only difference is your finding your own quarry for the dogs instead of them finding quarry there self. in my opionion if you disagree with this i class you as an anti because its no different from a terrier bolting to a pack of fox hounds pre ban. obviously making the sport your own , surely bolting to dogs is more sport than using nets! what chance does the quarry have surrounded by nets! there killed just as quick by pack of dogs theres no suffering. ferrets dont kill rabbits as fast as dogs and nor will a terrier kill a fox as quick as a hound will pre ban. i get the feeling were surrounded by antis some times . great post moll and folks

try hunting a pack like that a couple or three times a week for a season and watch dominance, aggression issues coming to the fore, obedience and retrieving nose diving. Add injuries from dogs colliding and fighting

Just as well we dont then isnt it.

I gather you must have yourself to know this will happen.

• Like 1
. I've expressed my views so I won't repeat it.

Good.. now keep it buttoned unless you have something constructive to say.

You keep talking shite and wont listen to any explanation's even though this form of hunting has been explained many time's by many folk...just keep quiet you are starting to bore me with your ignorant post's..

Edited by Millet

You keep talking shite and wont listen to any explanation's even though this form of hunting has been explained many time's by many folk...just keep quiet you are starting to bore me with your ignorant post's..

:laugh:

You keep talking shite and wont listen to any explanation's even though this form of hunting has been explained many time's by many folk...just keep quiet hey you are starting to bore me with your ignorant post's..

Predictable or what, you two a double act.

I'll voice my opinion when and as often as I want It's an open forum.. You think it's shite, seems to me there's as many people thinking my views are correct as think the same of yours. What I have done so far is keep it civil. As for your remarks no more than expected from behind the safety of a computer.

• Like 1

that is showing the arogant prick you are millet,

a man has his oppinion on a COMMUNITY forum and you speak down to him,

more then mac thinks it was a silly topic to put up but most havnt done,but again its not a good advertisement on the world wide web,

i know moll personally and she is a top girl!

ive seen her serious side when hunting and its just her and the dog away across the fields, she went one way, we went the other.

but it dosent have to be like that all the time, a good day out having a laugh, guys getting together with there dogs and enjoying the company.

to many ppl on here talk the talk about being hunters doing this and that and you shouldn't be doing that. why don't yer just get out and enjoy yourself.

there's a time and a place to be serious but there's nowt better then getting a load of decent mates together and having a good laugh.

at least there on permission doing the job.

• Like 1

You keep talking shite and wont listen to any explanation's even though this form of hunting has been explained many time's by many folk...just keep quiet hey you are starting to bore me with your ignorant post's..

Predictable or what, you two a double act.

I'll voice my opinion when and as often as I want It's an open forum.. You think it's shite, seems to me there's as many people thinking my views are correct as think the same of yours. What I have done so far is keep it civil. As for your remarks no more than expected from behind the safety of a computer.

Dont involve me, i have no control over Millet or anyones points of view :thumbs:

Moll, millet,

I know Gaz and jimmy well enough to know you would have had another cracking day and the dogs would have had a good work out and. I doubt claimed some decent rest.

Don't bite the bait ;) the site is full of it.

As you very well know, we all hunt many ways and different ways and there is no single way to catch the humble bunney.. We should enjoy what suits as and be left to be responsible for our own charges ;)

Good to see some quality action pics, glad ole smokey is back running the rabbits, coco looked to be all over them and the terriers certainly looked keen to graft.......

Excellent post

Hi Rob v good day mate hopefully you can get up there with us soon! Smokey doing okay taken it easy with him really he broke down one night when lamping but after 35 staples it was one run too many but he has come on well since then! Congratulations by the way on your new addition to your family hope all is well?