Metal Detecting

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate got one so we gave it a go   We dug up half a beach within 20 yrds, before we realised he had steel toecapped boots on,,,,, the twat !! :laugh: true story

took a mate out a few months ago with his found a silver penny from 1200 and something or other, dont think its for me though, ive got a very low boredom threshold

Me also, just cant afford the detector

i just took it up two weeks back and my second signal was a papal bull i found an old norman church water font the other night but it was in bit some lovely designs on it its illegal in ireland but so is evrything thats fun so fook them im hooked now at least ill have a hobby for when the hunting finishes

I knew afew lads that hate lampers lol spoils there fun :laugh: What machine was you using DW ?

TO BE HONEST I AINT GOT A CLUE !

EVERYTIME I FOUND SOMETHING THEY KEPT TAKING IT OFF ME AND GAVE ME THE ONE THEY WERE USING .. LOL ,

THESE ARE HARD WORKING LADS AND NOT REALLY USED TO DOING ANYTHING EVEN SLIGHTLY ILLEGAL , SO THEY REALLY COULDNT BELIEVE A LADS THATS BEEN BROUGHT UP POACHINGS ATTITUDE . INFACT I GOT A BOLLOCKING OFF THEM FOR STRAYING CLOSE TO A FARM ..... MY ATTITUDE WAS I BET NO ONES DARED GO CLOSE SO THERES MORE CHANCE OF A FIND SO I WAS IN THE FLOWER BEDS LOL :laugh: ,....... THESE LADS ARE THAT PARANOID THEY ALL HAVE NIGHT VISION NOW . ,, AND ARE CONSTANTLY SWEEPING THE AREA

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Moll,the first one is no good,the second one I would grab with both hands and feel fully confident of using it and finding gear that machines 10X the price would register,its a Tesoro Silver Sabre,bomb proof reputation,lightweight,classic machine,you could buy that and make the £50 in a month from pound coins and small change,remember the old Lottery advert showing the gold and jewelled brooch,the guy is detecting and getting closer and closer to it,then the words "It could be you"?It really could with that machine,loads of roman stuff turned up in northumberland,the walls there,if your after a decent machine the Tesoro is it.

• Like 1

Moll,the first one is no good,the second one I would grab with both hands and feel fully confident of using it and finding gear that machines 10X the price would register,its a Tesoro Silver Sabre,bomb proof reputation,lightweight,classic machine,you could buy that and make the £50 in a month from pound coins and small change,remember the old Lottery advert showing the gold and jewelled brooch,the guy is detecting and getting closer and closer to it,then the words "It could be you"?It really could with that machine,loads of roman stuff turned up in northumberland,the walls there,if your after a decent machine the Tesoro is it.

Thank you Mackem. I have loads of interesting places i could go here, and i doubt very much anyone else has tried :thumbs:

Do you mean a metal detector on the normandy beaches ?

I know a polish lad who makes a good wage finding war relics from piles of german helmets to a german motor bike and side car!

Bet a fair few people doing that have lost arms and legs or have vanished off the face of the earth :D

I was having a bit of a dig round some old German bunkers near Bordeaux and found a full clip of K98 ammunition and tonnes of shrapnel and stuff.

not sure it is any good though how much is the minimum you need to spend to not be wasting your time?

Dont get a cheapie from Tandy,best get a decent second-hand machine from e-bay to be honest,you can pick a good enough one up for £100'ish if you take your time and dont rush into it,most detector shops have used machines also as some guys upgrade every year and part-ex their old ones.