• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mother and Son    

moles

regarding not making it to there 2nd birthday i would agree with moo theres a saying better a day as a lion than a lifetime as a mouse

Posted Images

Smart pups!!! That red/grizzled coloured pup is the one that took my eye too!! Good luck with them,i'm sure they'll be given every chance to fullfill their potential come next season!! ATB Andy.

Yes CP the dam and sire are full litter brother and sister ....this breeding was not taken lightly and a lot of thought went into it and the objective as with any in breeding is to replicate both parents and both are deffinately worth breeding from and we felt that the grand parents to these pups my old bitch Sal and PTBs dog Trigger (once again very good and tested dogs in there day ) were far enough apart breed wise Sal dhx and Trigger saluki type that even being a brother and sister mateing that is not very close a breeding .

These pups were all spoken for before the breeding happened and everyone knows what they are getting and they will all be tested etc etc

Naked nutt Tigger was put over his auntie ...the first litter produced some decent grafters that realy were dropping gear and from what I heard were naturals at there intended quarry but most were killed in action .

If I am right there are still 2 youngsters that will be around a year old so will just be starting but im hearing good things about them .

I tried to get some info on such a close breeding but just got nothing but here say ....I was suprised there were no culls but they are 2 days old now and all looks good so far but its early days .....

Nothing ventured nothing gained and ask me in about 4 years if this mateing was a good idea as I cant honestly answer that question at this moment in time but fingers crossed and like Andy says all these pups will be given plenty.

Edited by MOO
  • Like 3

well done all invoved tidy pups n bitch.moo why did u breed these dogs ??pups in bred then ask me why a bred pure grew to a half cross dhgh that sireds 4 litters of pups that 3 litters are doing all the owners can ask. few pups pts through injury the way it should be way long term injurys.but who am aye.no dissing pups moo fair play to owner of the legend n pups

If the truth be knowen Asha I have seen a lot of bitches working and not seen one that I would want a pup out of but im a fussy b*****d ........ and the reason I asked why use a pure grey is I wouldnt use a dog to breed from that hasnt been tested in the field not on the track as imo there is a huge huge differance as i cant honestly see what a track greyhound brings to the mix apart from speed...... me and the lads that will be getting pups just dont want a dog that does what the owners ask we want that little bit extra and hopefully a few turnout that way ...like I said time will tell

Edited by MOO
  • Like 2

If the truth be knowen Asha I have seen a lot of bitches working and not seen one that I would want a pup out of but im a fussy b*****d ........ and the reason I asked why use a pure grey is I wouldnt use a dog to breed from that hasnt been tested in the field not on the track as imo there is a huge huge differance as i cant honestly see what a track greyhound brings to the mix apart from speed...... me and the lads that will be getting pups just dont want a dog that does what the owners ask we want that little bit extra and hopefully a few turnout that way ...like I said time will tell

You have done the right thing imho and i would not hesitate in having a pup out of this breeding out of two tested working dogs thats the mistake a lot make going back to pure greyhounds or non ped whippets imho.Good luck with the pups.

fair play for planning the litter so thoughtfully, and not just putting something together because it would do but not quite as you would like, i take it your keeping a pup back? all the best with them and hope they do you proud. :thumbs:

You have done the right thing imho and i would not hesitate in having a pup out of this breeding out of two tested working dogs thats the mistake a lot make going back to pure greyhounds or non ped whippets imho.Good luck with the pups.

if ya go first x ya pretty much know what your going get

it depends what cross and what lurcher to lurcher your breeding.

Its ok if your breeding a line of dog from same back ground and types breed

When ya start bringing few dif x in mix its a hit or a miss

jmo j

Well like you say its a risky breeding (being so close), But if they tick all the boxes then why not, And like you say the most important thing was homes and youve got that sorted so everyone knows what there getting,

Sould be intresting in a few years to see how they preform, Likes been said iam sure enough will be throwen at em too see atb with em

good luck with them moo.