airedale

do people not relize that airedale lurchers have been bred and used for years ,skycat has repeatly said its accitental mating but regardless of this airedale terreirs still get worked by some people and their is lot more other untested breeds out their that is getting out crossed 2 the greyhounds

you'd think skycat was the first person to ever cross an airedale listening to some of them wouldn't you! :laugh:

i know mate :thumbs:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you'd think skycat was the first person to ever cross an airedale listening to some of them wouldn't you!

if you think they would be usefull as a cross and stated you would of taken one then why spout out all this shit ,and why not say it in the previous thread when penny announced the litter?

I know Rob, I'm terribly ashamed But hey, but I'm raking all that cash in from writing articles about them! And as anyone knows who has written for the CMW, you get ever so rich writing articles

Im with charts on this 1...i honestly think if it had been anyone else(barrin big names) who let this litter happen...then they would have been shot down in a whole heap of shite.please dont try and deny otherwise because we see it virtually every week on here. young lads gettin flak for accidental matings and such. would have been piss easy to get the morning after jab and that would have been an end to it. i respect skycat because she knows her stuff and will try her hardest to help others...i just think she got this 1 wrong thats all. just take a look at oznblue threads to see what i mean about mistakes being made and the amount of shite taken. yes he was sellin resulting pups ..but if skycat offered hers for sale ive no doubt there would have been a queue forming to buy resulting pups..atb stabba

Im with charts on this 1...i honestly think if it had been anyone else(barrin big names) who let this litter happen...then they would have been shot down in a whole heap of shite.please dont try and deny otherwise because we see it virtually every week on here. young lads gettin flak for accidental matings and such. would have been piss easy to get the morning after jab and that would have been an end to it. i respect skycat because she knows her stuff and will try her hardest to help others...i just think she got this 1 wrong thats all. just take a look at oznblue threads to see what i mean about mistakes being made and the amount of shite taken. yes he was sellin resulting pups ..but if skycat offered hers for sale ive no doubt there would have been a queue forming to buy resulting pups..atb stabba

Isnt that the point thought stabba, oznblue got shit for selling the accidental pups, not for the accident itself? Penny wasnt making money out of her mistake and she has explained why she was opposed to the morning after jab for the bitch.

If someones german pointer say nailed their lamping dog by accident and they decided not to have the morning after jab for the same reason Penny did and then gifted the pups to interested working dog men then they wouldnt really get any shit for it. Some would say cull the pups, but if there are folks interested in giving them a spin knowing the full story then why cull day old pups?

JMO

Isnt that the point thought stabba, oznblue got shit for selling the accidental pups, not for the accident itself? Penny wasnt making money out of her mistake and she has explained why she was opposed to the morning after jab for the bitch.

If someones german pointer say nailed their lamping dog by accident and they decided not to have the morning after jab for the same reason Penny did and then gifted the pups to interested working dog men then they wouldnt really get any shit for it. Some would say cull the pups, but if there are folks interested in giving them a spin knowing the full story then why cull day old pups?

JMO

pound to a penny says that if that was just an average guy on here who did the exact same as skycat that he,d be in a proper shitstorm over said accident. like ive said earlier..ive no gripe whatsoever with skycat my main gripe is using your status in the world of working dogs to justify your shortcomings.and as said earlier..if skycat did put a price tag onsaid litter then still nowt would have been said. lead by example is my motto mate and imo skycat has led by poor example here..atb stabba

I don't see the problem with the litter been bred this way... How many times have we seen a first cross that's got to many bad faults as a result of having one parent which is a pure greyhound, such as lack of stamina and been too large/heavy. I would choose a fast saluki cross every time. For example when I bred my bull/grey bitch, I put a saluki/grey over her instead of a pure grey and I personally think this produced better pups.

Stabba: I was going to stay away from the 'shitstorm' as you put it, but I simply have to ask, what did I do so wrong? Was it a) having an accidental mating? B) telling people that I had had an accidental mating? or c) not culling all the pups at birth and keeping quiet about it?

It happened. I wanted to find decent working homes for the pups rather than advertising them on Preloved or some such horrible place, so I took the risk of admitting the event on here and other forums.

Why does that make using my supposed 'status' justify my short comings? We all have short comings: mine in this case was not paying enough attention to what dog was in the garden when I let the in season Airedale out. OMG I made a mistake: was I wrong to admit that? I am honestly confused as to why that causes such a problem to some people. I am not Jesus Christ, (though the online crucifying threads might beg to differ LOL :tongue2: ) nor am I Brian!

If I'd been anyone else on here, not a newbie to lurchers, but a well liked forum member, someone who had kept and worked dogs for years, and they'd come on here admitting the same thing, do you honestly think that they'd have had such a hard time of it? I really don't think so: there might have been the odd comments, but I think that most would have been the sort of "Never mind fella, shit happens. What are the parents doing? Are they any good?" etc etc.

I do my best not to be paranoid, and succeed for most of the time, but my mind is boggling at this latest comment: I really don't see how I should have behaved any differently and remained honest about the litter at the same time.

Please explain to me what you are trying to say.

JMO

pound to a penny says that if that was just an average guy on here who did the exact same as skycat that he,d be in a proper shitstorm over said accident. like ive said earlier..ive no gripe whatsoever with skycat my main gripe is using your status in the world of working dogs to justify your shortcomings.and as said earlier..if skycat did put a price tag onsaid litter then still nowt would have been said. lead by example is my motto mate and imo skycat has led by poor example here..atb stabba

i remember a lad on here that had a pointer cross that was outstanding as a rabbiting dog and not one single person gave him slack over it .The dog was worth his weight in gold.

JMO

There have been 'average' members that have crossed Presa's, Rotties and GSDs with lurchers that hardly got any flack (if any!).

At least the Airedale involved in Skycats breeding is a hunting dog!

Stabba: I was going to stay away from the 'shitstorm' as you put it, but I simply have to ask, what did I do so wrong? Was it a) having an accidental mating? B) telling people that I had had an accidental mating? or c) not culling all the pups at birth and keeping quiet about it?

It happened. I wanted to find decent working homes for the pups rather than advertising them on Preloved or some such horrible place, so I took the risk of admitting the event on here and other forums.

Why does that make using my supposed 'status' justify my short comings? We all have short comings: mine in this case was not paying enough attention to what dog was in the garden when I let the in season Airedale out. OMG I made a mistake: was I wrong to admit that? I am honestly confused as to why that causes such a problem to some people. I am not Jesus Christ, (though the online crucifying threads might beg to differ LOL :tongue2: ) nor am I Brian!

If I'd been anyone else on here, not a newbie to lurchers, but a well liked forum member, someone who had kept and worked dogs for years, and they'd come on here admitting the same thing, do you honestly think that they'd have had such a hard time of it? I really don't think so: there might have been the odd comments, but I think that most would have been the sort of "Never mind fella, shit happens. What are the parents doing? Are they any good?" etc etc.

I do my best not to be paranoid, and succeed for most of the time, but my mind is boggling at this latest comment: I really don't see how I should have behaved any differently and remained honest about the litter at the same time.

Please explain to me what you are trying to say.

fair play to you ;; your biggest misstake was telling everyone ;;maybe you should tell lies ;; next time works for most .......good luck laff it off ;)

JMO

There have been 'average' members that have crossed Presa's, Rotties and GSDs with lurchers that hardly got any flack (if any!).

At least the Airedale involved in Skycats breeding is a hunting dog!

that was my point earlier the parents are workers ,would.nt be my choice of breeding but neither was it skycats

what i would say on this subject his days of old accidentsl happened ,and you just hoped the bitch did not catch .BUT i have my own theory on this ,i could possibly be very wrong skycat firstly his a well respected person in the dog domthat theres no question ,but shealso writes articles for said mags now what better to follow the rearing training and entering of this litter and put it on paper makes for lots of entertaining articles for the said readers of certain mag .airedale xs have been around for has long has i can remember they are nothing new ,and to put it bluntly special either ,we are here in the uk and most cfrosses have been discussed in detail umpteen bloody times ,it must be quite hard for a writer going over old ground again and again , atb bunnys.

There few dogs up ere got airdale threw them, they were really good dogs.

But the airdale in those dogs were thinned out by bull blood, but there was still airdale in them

if the pups skycat breed (accedintly) turn out kean.

They maybe be a good outcross to put to a 3/4 or 5/8 bull grey

just imo thou

Get your self an old Greyhound bitch, or a young fighter, or one that can't make it on the track,and mate it with an Airdale, your neighbours dog will do ! Then advertise the pups on the web, they'll sell well !! Of course.I'm being sarcastic !! Skycats litter were an ACCIDENTAL MATING !!

Cheers.

read what he said. he wants to know how the airedale terriers prey drive is. didn't mention breeding.

Read what I said ..... I was being SARCASTIC !! If you don't know what that means....Google it !

i know well what it means, but your sarcastic remarks didn't make sense or have any relevence to the question asked.

why not try answering questions with a genuine response from time to time.

to answer the original question, i've seen 1 airedale that was interested in hunting, the owner has 5 airedales, and few lurchers. dogs all had the chance to show their minerals, but only 1 bitch showed interest. and at that it was only interested in thinks that didnt bite.

also have to say, they are quite expensive, around £400+

Fair enough mate, but what annoys me is when a well known and respected Lurcher owner, breeder, writer has an ACCIDENTAL MATING, the result is idiots thinking this will be a good cross !! Penny should come on and tell everyone this wasn't a planned mating ! I wish her and the pups the very best, but I think if she wanted to keep the litter, she should have waited until they did, or didn't do the job, before talking about them ! There are to many people who will try this cross simply because Skycat has them; and may well end up being dissapointed !

Cheers.

did she not state at the time it was un planned?