Bolting for the dogs

I took the boy today for some ferreting on a bit of permission perfect to blow the cobwebs away from the ferts and also the dogs. The bitch was coming on well last year so i'm hoping to improve on that this season. The dog hasn't been out with the ferts yet so what better opportunity than to take him and start him off. The permission we went to was a dividing ditch between 2 fields which is pretty much 1 long bury but only shallow and not too wide, perfect ;) We had a very enjoyable day all in all, action was sporadic but isn't it always. Both the dogs done well and the boy was back to normal with the fuzzies after his ' episode ' with them and handling them like a seasoned pro. The dogs didn't catch all they ran but caught the majority. Your always going to get the odd 1 or 2 that get away ( Or 3 on this occasion :D ) but all in all a good way to start the season, in a T-shirt, with your son, dogs and ferts having some sport and a laugh, happy days :toast: We ended up with 7 bunnies, not great but better than none :D.

Here are a few pics, hit the link like normal to see the full set. Hope you like them

http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/Blackstaff-Photography/Hunting%20pics/Ferreting%20Oct%20Sunday/?albumview=slideshow

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

Edited by blackstaff
  • Like 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took the boy today for some ferreting on a bit of permission perfect to blow the cobwebs away from the ferts and also the dogs. The bitch was coming on well last year so i'm hoping to improve on tha