why name bullx/staffys after heavy weights and gods

don't understand why people mostly call these type of dogs Tyson.Bruno,seus and so on, is it because of the breed they need to give the dog a name that associates with powerful athletes or mythical gods and such,i know its the owners choice but feck me,far too common these days,,,,,,,,,,,

Ye, its so they sound hard. :hmm:These are the same people who get their dogs studded collars.

And by the way my ferrets were called monkfish and aunty sally. :toast:

And studded harnesses because 'they are so hard, they can't be walked on an ordinary dog collar'. I hate to see a dog that hasn't been trained to walk on a lead............lazy (or no) training done!

don't understand why people mostly call these type of dogs Tyson.Bruno,seus and so on, is it because of the breed they need to give the dog a name that associates with powerful athletes or mythical gods and such,i know its the owners choice but feck me,far too common these days,,,,,,,,,,,

funny that,,,,last staffie that attacked my old dog was called tyson,,,no harm done ,,,staffie got ripped ears,,,,but he would have killed my old whip cross,,,,,told owner to put muzzel on him,,,nothing else said,,,,now neibours are telling me she,s throwing him out her door,,,,no lead no persons with him,,,,( she was warned,,,if attacks any my dogs again,,,he wont be coming home, this time,,,,i hate these type off breeds if they belong to numbtie,s,,,,,,otherwise most are fine

Would you rather "fluffy" or "cuddles" etc. ?

why not?

wifes american bulldogs called angel.

and her old rotty was called maggie

she had hassle off 2 scrap men when i was out once .told oldest boy to undo back door and shouted maggie here.

apperently they went up the path like ben johnson on steriods :yes:

my dad has got a staff called Tyson, he was called that when dad got him. i've always called him Tyler or just Ty. i think it suits him better. dad got him a spikey collar... whenever i used to walk him, i took the collar off my lurcher & walked him with that on. partly because the spikey collar looked ridiculous (more like something Freddie Mercury would have worn on a night out) and partly because it was poor quality, stiff leather. comfy old worn-in lurcher collar was much better. my little poodle yorkie thing has a brown collar with brass spikes, but it's just sort of funny on her, and it was the only collar we had that was small enough for her.

there's someone in my village who has a staff bitch, they walk it in a baby pink harness with heart-shaped studs on... i feel quite sorry for her!