Lets see your Collie x's

As above lets see my favourite x the Collie/Greyhound if you got a Border/Greyhound, Bearded/Greyhound or Bearded/Border/Greyhound tell us about them & show us. Mine 3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Collie coming on well on the lamp, mooching around he be going ferreting wednesday for the first time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres one of mine

here`s mine. no idea whats in hium but collie is ion there im certain! the colour and the wall eye`s give it away.  

Here's a few old collie crosses from Hancock lines,I've had a lot of collie crosses,mostly 3/4 cross but a couple of 5/8 as well from "merle", "Chuckles" "Fathom",Hancocks early stuff went over "west

Posted Images

Here's a few old collie crosses from Hancock lines,I've had a lot of collie crosses,mostly 3/4 cross but a couple of 5/8 as well from "merle", "Chuckles" "Fathom",Hancocks early stuff went over "westmeade" greyhounds which seemed to produce decent worker's,the black and white 3/4 cross killed his first fox aged 9 months and was good at everything but Hare,all the other 3/4 crosses I've had caught them well and have been decent all round dogs,the best allrounder I had was a 5/8 cross that had endless stamina,she could catch anything and seemed to take it all in her stride untill she hit a fencepost flat out on the lamp and broke her neck,she was also a very good guard dog,bred out of Chuckles and a 3/4 named "DEE",she had a funny way of running the beam,she would run just off it in the dark and come in from the side,the very first night I took her lamping aged 14month she caught the first 9 rabbits in the beam like an old hand all retrieved live to hand,its a shame Hancock cannot produce dogs of this ilk nowadays,atb,WM

Edited by wirral countryman
  • Like 1

,its a shame Hancock cannot produce dogs of this ilk nowadays,atb,WM

do you think thats a result of it being now hard to find decent collies.

i was wondering [will show my lack of knowledge] if collies as a result of solely working on sheep farms/sheep trials have become similar to the trials bred springer spaniels.

a sort of one trick pony compared to the mixed farm dogs of old that may have had to bring the cows in and helped out ratting/foxing etc the dual purpose farm dog.

i expect theres still dogs doing this on small holdings and farms up north

i know whta im thinking but finding it hard to explain via keyboard :icon_redface::D

Guest born to run1083

,its a shame Hancock cannot produce dogs of this ilk nowadays,atb,WM

do you think thats a result of it being now hard to find decent collies.

i was wondering [will show my lack of knowledge] if collies as a result of solely working on sheep farms/sheep trials have become similar to the trials bred springer spaniels.

a sort of one trick pony compared to the mixed farm dogs of old that may have had to bring the cows in and helped out ratting/foxing etc the dual purpose farm dog.

i expect theres still dogs doing this on small holdings and farms up north

i know whta im thinking but finding it hard to explain via keyboard :icon_redface::D

the collie that is the dam to my first x is a dual purpose collie, she's hard as nails used as a lurcher would be and takes mixed quarry but yet shows composure around sheep and cows. she was bred in north Wales by a friend of mine. the only thing I don't like about her is she's very aggressive to strangers and won't just stand around and bark. she will nip you so he has to keep her on his contained small holding, not a dog you can walk down the road.

here`s mine. no idea whats in hium but collie is ion there im certain! the colour and the wall eye`s give it away.

IMG_20110910_130827.jpg

IMG_20110910_130615.jpg

Like the look of this dog.

pick up two collie x's in 2 weeks to run on next season can't wait.

atb shaun :thumbs:

Edited by shaunpauls7