Draw dogs

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some people run rabbits others run deer,some go ferreting others dig foxes its not a matter of people being scarred to handle quarry its the type of dog work ur into. i enjoy watching any dog do the j

NO NEED FOR DRAW DOGS, IF YOU CANT HANDLE YOUR QUARRY CONFIDENTLEY AT THE END OF A DIG LEAVE IT TO SOMEBODY WHO NOWS WHAT THERE DOING, AND DISPATCH THE CORRECT WAY, IMO PEOPLE USING DRAW DOGS ARE AFRA

Whats the problem now Mudd Dog.Them dogs are not knocked up they are good honest marks from doing what they were bred for WORKING.Are people so sensitive on a HUNTING SITE that photos of good honest g

Posted Images

I have read here and heard a lot of people speak about leting in dogs to draw quarry.My question is if your terrier is working up close enough to the quarry why is there need for a draw dog.

good question fat man :thumbs:

NO NEED FOR DRAW DOGS, IF YOU CANT HANDLE YOUR QUARRY CONFIDENTLEY AT THE END OF A DIG LEAVE IT TO SOMEBODY WHO NOWS WHAT THERE DOING, AND DISPATCH THE CORRECT WAY, IMO PEOPLE USING DRAW DOGS ARE AFRAID OF GETTING HOLD, NO NEED WHAT SOEVER FOR DRAW DOGS IT ONLY GIVES THE SPORT MORE OF A BAD NAME. JUST MY OPINION.

• Like 9

NO NEED FOR DRAW DOGS, IF YOU CANT HANDLE YOUR QUARRY CONFIDENTLEY AT THE END OF A DIG LEAVE IT TO SOMEBODY WHO NOWS WHAT THERE DOING, AND DISPATCH THE CORRECT WAY, IMO PEOPLE USING DRAW DOGS ARE AFRAID OF GETTING HOLD, NO NEED WHAT SOEVER FOR DRAW DOGS IT ONLY GIVES THE SPORT MORE OF A BAD NAME. JUST MY OPINION.

Ah not at all,Alli.

I don't think it's anything to do about whether your scared to handle the quarry or the quarry's too far up the tube, it's about seeing whether the 'draw dog' has what it takes to do it's job. Me and my mates don't use draw dogs we deal with it ourselves. I don't know many lads in England that do use them, seems to be a bigger thing in Ireland with the wheatens... :victory:

• Like 2