Draw dogs

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some people run rabbits others run deer,some go ferreting others dig foxes its not a matter of people being scarred to handle quarry its the type of dog work ur into. i enjoy watching any dog do the j

NO NEED FOR DRAW DOGS, IF YOU CANT HANDLE YOUR QUARRY CONFIDENTLEY AT THE END OF A DIG LEAVE IT TO SOMEBODY WHO NOWS WHAT THERE DOING, AND DISPATCH THE CORRECT WAY, IMO PEOPLE USING DRAW DOGS ARE AFRA

Whats the problem now Mudd Dog.Them dogs are not knocked up they are good honest marks from doing what they were bred for WORKING.Are people so sensitive on a HUNTING SITE that photos of good honest g

Posted Images

In my opinion if a second dog is needed to complete the task,then you have to queston either yourself or the dog you are diggin,

Thats a load of bollox smasher.

Why is that mustard.if you read my post,it says 'in my opinion'you are entitled to yours,most if not all of what i dig is let run,and using a lurher at the end of a dig is just messy,i say lurcher as that is what would be used mostly 'nowadays'it was summed up in a previous tread,and i am of the same opinion,i consider it an insult to quarry and dog,again just my opinion

• Like 1

didnt want to comment on this but some comments are just utter bollox,wouldnt be without a strong dog in my yard,after all thats what they where bred for,drawing

AGREED YES FOR TRAILS, BUT NOT AT THE END OF A DIG. IMO.

didnt want to comment on this but some comments are just utter bollox,wouldnt be without a strong dog in my yard,after all thats what they where bred for,drawing

all them years ago how did they get the dogs ready for the trails

• Like 1

In my opinion if a second dog is needed to complete the task,then you have to queston either yourself or the dog you are diggin,

Why is that mustard.if you read my post,it says 'in my opinion'you are entitled to yours,most if not all of what i dig is let run,and using a lurher at the end of a dig is just messy,i say lurcher as that is what would be used mostly 'nowadays'it was summed up in a previous tread,and i am of the same opinion,i consider it an insult to quarry and dog,again just my opinion

I read your post again smasher,is it rabbits your digging,[JOKING]!!!

I let quarry go when they are not causing trouble but they are fumbling b*****ds above ground lol

Edited,i wouldnt have a terrier that didnt see the job untill the end...

Edited by Mustard.

ali cannot agree with you on that,from what i have seen of your dogs & may i add fine dogs they are you do not keep the dog we are talking about,and i understand where your coming from,but unless you have kept these dogs you will never understand there value in the field.jmo

IVE NEVER BIN AND WATCHED STRONG DOGS AT TRAILS, I HAVE SEEN BULL TYPES AT THE END OF A DIG, IMO ITS NOT REALY TESTING A DOG THAT OUT WEIGHS ITS QUARRY THREE FOLD. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY EACH TO OUR OWN. I MUST ADDMIT IDE LOVE TO SEE THE OLD AIRDALE PERFORM DONT NO IF THERE USED ANYMORE.

Have to agree with you Mustard, running dogs should do what it say's on the tin, run.

Anyone who thinks that the end of a dig is some sort of test is fooling themselves and if someone who works a terrier can't get in there and take them out by hand then they shouldn't have terriers in the first place.

There's probably less than a handfull of men left who know how to test a wheaten nowadays (I didn't mention staffs because their test is different).

JMHO.

ur a master of all trades hounds terriers and wheatens would u be one of them hand full of men that know how to test a wheaton then neil or just another spoof that likes the sound of his own voice :yes:

The same as you Stevie, the second one.

its not like you are putting 2 dogs in to an earth at the same time once you locate the terrier and dig to it to me the terrier as done its job (correct me if i am wrong) so out with the terrier in with the drawing dog easy as that.so why would you after question the dog you just dug to??

Edited by jeppi
  • Like 2

IVE NEVER BIN AND WATCHED STRONG DOGS AT TRAILS, I HAVE SEEN BULL TYPES AT THE END OF A DIG, IMO ITS NOT REALY TESTING A DOG THAT OUT WEIGHS ITS QUARRY THREE FOLD. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY EACH TO OUR OWN. I MUST ADDMIT IDE LOVE TO SEE THE OLD AIRDALE PERFORM DONT NO IF THERE USED ANYMORE.

havnt seen one in use myself ali but can recommend the wooly fella any day of the week

Have to agree with you Mustard, running dogs should do what it say's on the tin, run.

Anyone who thinks that the end of a dig is some sort of test is fooling themselves and if someone who works a terrier can't get in there and take them out by hand then they shouldn't have terriers in the first place.

There's probably less than a handfull of men left who know how to test a wheaten nowadays (I didn't mention staffs because their test is different).

JMHO.

ur a master of all trades hounds terriers and wheatens would u be one of them hand full of men that know how to test a wheaton then neil or just another spoof that likes the sound of his own voice :yes:

no mate i dont think i know everything but i know this i know a bullshitter when i hear one

The stiff competition of the trials meant there was a high standard in the so called good ol' days.

Nowadays if a so called strong dog pulls one out at the end (after travelling all of 18 inches) while screaming his head off he soon get his legendary status.

The fact there's so called great wheatens in England say's it all. There's probably more wheatens now than ever before (because of the peddlers) but when they were fairly rare between the days of the trials ending and the wheaten becoming fashionable there were probably better wheatens because those that stuck with them worked them correctly to the correct standard.

There's still a few men keeping them right and you don't see them advertised.

Then there's those who run a flapper, qualify everything, stick a piece of paper on the dog and bingo, the price goes up by £200 and the new owner goes home with another legend.

I'd be embarrassed if every time I dug to a terrier I needed a strong dog to get the quarry out. I'd also be embarrassed if I thought the end of a dig was how to work a strong dog.

After all dogs were first used for drawing because of bad sounders.

Also IMO strong dogs are bad PR for the terrier game and should be left in the hands of those that know how to keep them right. They know who they are.

Edited by neil cooney
  • Like 3

I read your post again smasher,is it rabbits your digging,[JOKING]!!!

I let quarry go when they are not causing trouble but they are fumbling b*****ds above ground lol

Edited,i wouldnt have a terrier that didnt see the job untill the end...

as it should be

JMHO.

no mate i dont think i know everything but i know this i know a bullshitter when i hear one

I don't think I'm your mate.