Motorway speed limit up to 80mph..

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-15116064

I reckon it's a good move. :yes: The current 70mph limit has been in force since the 60's when 70 was genuinely about as fast as it was safe to go in the cars of the period. :yes:

Until about 6 years ago I had a 1972 VW Beetle and 70 mph was as fast as you would dare to drive unless you like the idea of a 500m stopping distance. I think this is a sensible move that won't encourage people to drive faster....the dicks that go 100mph up your backside wont suddenly increase that to 100 mph.

My mate used to have an obsession with beetles, I've been in a few hairy situations over the years in those fecking death traps.. :yes::laugh: If bits weren't falling off them every 500 yards, the wiring was bursting out into flames! :icon_eek: It was a standing joke between us in the end. Every time I got in it, I used to ask him if we were going to be lucky and have all the smoke stay in the wires for a change! :laugh:

Another mate of mine had one, and the battery under the rear seat caught fire one night when him and his girlfriend were parked up somewhere getting frisky.. :icon_eek::laugh:

You definitely have to be a dedicated lover of those old things to drive them and keep them on the road.. :yes::thumbs:

We used to call it Hitler's revenge :D

I now drive a 4x4 and would never go back to driving a car that needs the inside of the windscreen de-icing LOL. My poor daughter must have arrived at school smelling of ammonia in the winter.

Agreed on the tailgaiters....they should be banned or get 6 points.....much more dangerous than going 6 or 7 mph over the speed limit

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember watching a show ,think it was on the BBC and some cop was on about the why the speed limit should stay at 70, he said if they put it up to then people will do 90mph as people do now so w

Only just third gear on a ZX10R

don't think it'll make a lot of difference to be honest, 80mph is generally the standard speed on the motorway anyway! apart from during the busy periods when all three lanes are doing exactly the s

Try trackdays stealthy brand new Michelin power one's less than 200 miles and there through to the canvas and that's on a zx636 doh

Had a go on my mates 636, lovely litte bike :D I only used part worns to do track days at Cadwell, and like you say, you can see your cash disapear in smoke in your mirrors :laugh:

I reckon it's a good move. :yes: The current 70mph limit has been in force since the 60's when 70 was genuinely about as fast as it was safe to go in the cars of the period. :yes:

Until about 6 years ago I had a 1972 VW Beetle and 70 mph was as fast as you would dare to drive unless you like the idea of a 500m stopping distance. I think this is a sensible move that won't encourage people to drive faster....the dicks that go 100mph up your backside wont suddenly increase that to 100 mph.

Tail gators should be banned on the spot :thumbs:

Theres no such thing as a tail gater......your in the road and the person wants to go faster than you....get out the feckin road.. :yes: I hate that attitude of "I'm doing 70 so they'll just have too wait...".... :censored:

Think they could have added another 10MPH on to it to be honest. looking at the cars and the capabilities they have these days 90MPH shouldn't have been a problem. the pnly thing that gets me is the National single carriageway speed limit is still set at 60 until you get on the motorways and then you can do 80, surely it would make sense to up this too?

Theres no such thing as a tail gater......your in the road and the person wants to go faster than you....get out the feckin road.. :yes: I hate that attitude of "I'm doing 70 so they'll just have too wait...".... :censored:

I hate people who drive in the middle lane like that as well but instead of being aggressive I generally over take.

Ever been in the over taking lane doing like 85 because you are overtaking and some tool comes charging down at 100 mph and then sits a few metres from the back of your car? That's what I am talking about and as you are over taking you can't get out of the way. Its dangerous to the extreme because if something happened they wouldn't be able to stop in time. Those people should get banned by the police and the police should spend more time trying to make sure people aren't putting others in danger. Going a bit over the speed limit isn't dangerous providing you've still got the correct stopping distance and are driving safely.

I hate people who drive in the middle lane like that as well but instead of being aggressive I generally over take.

Ever been in the over taking lane doing like 85 because you are overtaking and some tool comes charging down at 100 mph and then sits a few metres from the back of your car? That's what I am talking about and as you are over taking you can't get out of the way. Its dangerous to the extreme because if something happened they wouldn't be able to stop in time. Those people should get banned by the police and the police should spend more time trying to make sure people aren't putting others in danger. Going a bit over the speed limit isn't dangerous providing you've still got the correct stopping distance and are driving safely.

The thing is if i'm doing 100 and you pull out infront of me at 85 then i'm going to catch you pretty quick. Problem is the person that pulls out at 85 thinks that its there right to sit there cause they see a fecking lorry 200 yards in the distance.. :censored: Just pull back in if the guy behind is to close. Facts are people try and piss others off and thats where the tail gateing starts.

I think driving tests should be alot harder than they are today. If you show any signs of lacking confidence in controlling a car then you should never be allowed to drive it, your a timebomb on the streets. Theres been tv programmes on about idiots who cant turn right...WTF...the spend there life going left everywhere cause they dont have the confidence to cross a road....who the f**k gave them a license...?

One thing that gives me the arse is the supermarket truck that cruise along at 40MPH in a 60 zone :censored:. whats this all about? we was travelling the other day and everything slowed down so I took it a tractor was holding everyone up, nope! it was a Tesco Lorry............

Not quite what you think guys and gals. You may not know that by law, since 1996, all speedos on vehicles have to have at least a +10% error built into them. This is why sat navs always say you are going slower than the car speedometer! Now if they put the speed limit on motorways up to 80mph, rub off 10%, you will be going at 72mph. Just 2 mph faster than the speed limit is now! Makes you think doesn't it?

One thing that gives me the arse is the supermarket truck that cruise along at 40MPH in a 60 zone :censored:. whats this all about? we was travelling the other day and everything slowed down so I took it a tractor was holding everyone up, nope! it was a Tesco Lorry............

The speed limit for heavy goods vehicles on a single carriageway road is 40mph! It is all they are allowed to do!

i think all cars should be restricted to 75 mph and young drivers should be restricted to 50 mph ..... but motor cycles left as is .... go like stink :victory:

something needs to be done about those young boy racers..go past my house at night in thier subarus swear they must be doing 80mile an hour,gets worse the earlier in the morning it gets.few year back one flipped over and landed in the garden of the old german wife who satyed directly opposite of me.

funny as f**k listening to her screaming away at the lads in german lol