Motorway speed limit up to 80mph..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember watching a show ,think it was on the BBC and some cop was on about the why the speed limit should stay at 70, he said if they put it up to then people will do 90mph as people do now so w

Only just third gear on a ZX10R

don't think it'll make a lot of difference to be honest, 80mph is generally the standard speed on the motorway anyway! apart from during the busy periods when all three lanes are doing exactly the s

I remember watching a show ,think it was on the BBC and some cop was on about the why the speed limit should stay at 70, he said if they put it up to 80 then people will do 90mph as people do 80 now so we'l have a lot more deaths on the road , so we should just stick to the 70mph limit, most people do 90 anyway so his bull shat statment don't wash with me, I think they should put it up to 90mph as i'm happy driving at that speed, but then you get well not all people are happy to do that speed, well i say to that

There's 3 f*****g lanes if there not happy get in the slow lane!

I also think we should have 4 lanes, the 4th should be called i'm an old c**t who has all day to get there!

• Like 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-15116064

I reckon it's a good move. :yes: The current 70mph limit has been in force since the 60's when 70 was genuinely about as fast as it was safe to go in the cars of the period. :yes:

Until about 6 years ago I had a 1972 VW Beetle and 70 mph was as fast as you would dare to drive unless you like the idea of a 500m stopping distance. I think this is a sensible move that won't encourage people to drive faster....the dicks that go 100mph up your backside wont suddenly increase that to 100 mph.

I think they should concentrate on enforcing the other rules of motorway driving as well. :yes: The current obsession with speed and the resulting reliance on speed cameras to do the job of dedicated motorway policing has led to a bit of a free for all on the motorways these days. :yes:

Only just third gear on a ZX10R :D

That's not saying much, even my Zafira will do 80 in 3rd.. :D

Some bikes can break the current speed limit in first, can't they? :hmm:

When I had my 10R set up for race starts the green gear change light came on at 85 in first, with in 800 miles I had worn out a back tyre, chain and sprokets, and a set of rear wheel bearings, it was an utter thug :D

I reckon it's a good move. :yes: The current 70mph limit has been in force since the 60's when 70 was genuinely about as fast as it was safe to go in the cars of the period. :yes:

Until about 6 years ago I had a 1972 VW Beetle and 70 mph was as fast as you would dare to drive unless you like the idea of a 500m stopping distance. I think this is a sensible move that won't encourage people to drive faster....the dicks that go 100mph up your backside wont suddenly increase that to 100 mph.

Tail gators should be banned on the spot :thumbs:

My mate used to have an obsession with beetles, I've been in a few hairy situations over the years in those fecking death traps.. :yes::laugh: If bits weren't falling off them every 500 yards, the wiring was bursting out into flames! :icon_eek: It was a standing joke between us in the end. Every time I got in it, I used to ask him if we were going to be lucky and have all the smoke stay in the wires for a change! :laugh:

Another mate of mine had one, and the battery under the rear seat caught fire one night when him and his girlfriend were parked up somewhere getting frisky.. :icon_eek::laugh:

You definitely have to be a dedicated lover of those old things to drive them and keep them on the road.. :yes::thumbs:

Tail gators should be banned on the spot :thumbs:

slow fuckers who won't get out of the way need some encouragement.

especially when they're old and appear not to be able to hear the horn or see the headlights flashing.