testimony

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shouldnt knock another mans faith in god.......ive a couple of close pals both of who have gone a bit nutty on the whole God thing over recent years,one of which is now a full blown born again christi

You can thank jesus , mohamed , father christmas or the tooth fairy , any problems you had ,you overcome them yourself , don,t give some fictional make believe character credit for what you did yours

When I get doorstepped by them , I quote Jonn ,chapter 6 verse 4..................and verily did jesus yawn ,scratcheth his knackers and renounce the tresspassers by bidding them to fucketh offeth ame

I have this barmy theory that when humans first developed and spread out to explore the planet, it was only those most aggressive, inquisitive and acquisitive humans who survived and developed: so the traits of aggression and the need to possess and control things, people etc, is hard wired into certain humans, no matter how 'civilised' and evolved most might be, or pretend to be.

• Like 1

I have this barmy theory that when humans first developed and spread out to explore the planet, it was only those most aggressive, inquisitive and acquisitive humans who survived and developed: so the traits of aggression and the need to possess and control things, people etc, is hard wired into certain humans, no matter how 'civilised' and evolved most might be, or pretend to be.

if you imagine when we were hunter gathers and we lived in a small groups, we had to survive by traveling and using whot natural resources where available in the areas we passed through, then as time went by and numbers of humans increased, demand for these resources grew and grew to a point were groups would have become very deffensive of their resources eventually leading to killing the less agreesive/inteligent tribes. eventualy as you say we end up in the present day and whots changed??????? nothing :laugh: theory of evolution goes out the window :laugh: :laugh:

well back in those days,survival of the fittest certainly played its role.if you can imagine the amount of deaths back in the begining.from child birth to fighting things like the common cold.i dont know but i would think we would need to have built a good immune system but not straight away.also not to mention the killings of each other.i dont know this is just a guess,but i would think the average man back then didnt live past 25

Early humans evolved to live in extended family groups, developing into larger nomadic communities some individuals never leaving the small society. These communities would have been competing for the same resources other similar communities were and so conflict would naturally occur. A community of good warriors would outcompete one that was full of 'lovers', lol. This would give the species a naturally selected warrior like advantage due to only having to compete with our own kind.

Think of human communities as blood lines competing against each other for resources and therefore survival.

I'm way outa my confort zone with this but thats always been my take.

I think Ideation input would be valued on this...

Well this topic has certainly turned a corner.....im way out of my league i aint got the foggiest idea what some of yous are on about.....but of the small bits and bobs i do understand i liked what Born hunter said about religion and faith being 2 very different things....makes sense that :thumbs: .....from my understanding of evolution and genetics much of this is self explannatory and can be figured out with a little thought and common sense........but a good bit of whats been spoken about might as well be Japanese to me but nonetheless its very impressive how educated some of you folk are......anyway you carry on its interesting reading,even for a div like me :icon_redface:

Edited by gnasher16

The bible says the world is approx 6,000 years old.however science can quite comfortabily say its at least 200,000 years old.we no for a fact that dinasaurs roamed the earth.yet no mention of this.and i have never had a plausable answer to both these points from any religious person.they seem to skim right over these two major facts.i dont know the teachings of the quoran,be interesting to know how old they think the world is.

sorry ill edit that.i mean man on the planet 200,000 years old.the world is way older

it's just god testing us,he always does it to us with these silly stories like evolution etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmglGWMsdk

Edited by blan89

The mention of human evolution and natural selection throws up a whole new question for me. If evolution really is based on the premice of survival of the fittest, then isn't humankind as a spiecies as a whole, at least in the western world, now in a state of decline and devolution??

Modern medicine has now allowed folks who would otherwise not be able to reproduce due to disability or being infertile to do so. In the natural world. that's not an issue, if an animal has such problems it either dies young or has no offspring therefor it is unable to pass along what may be faulty genes to future generations. This has now largely been removed from human reproduction.

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 1

The mention of human evolution and natural selection throws up a whole new question for me. If evolution really is based on the premice of survival of the fittest, then isn't humankind as a spiecies as a whole, at least in the western world, now in a state of decline and devolution??

Modern medicine has now allowed folks who would otherwise not be able to reproduce due to disability or being infertile to do so. In the natural world. that's not an issue, if an animal has such problems it either dies young or has no offspring therefor it is unable to pass along what may be faulty genes to future generations. This has now largely been removed from human reproduction.

like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRjmyJFzrU

i belives in god. me fathers a very holy man, so i picked it up from him. im happy that i belives in god. eg, when a loved one dies, i take comford beliving that there in heaven rather than there just put in a 6 foot hole in the ground. i gets strenght from me religious views. i used ta drink like a fish meself befour. i used ta be drunk most days a the week and any day i wasnt drunk id be lieing in bed with a hangover. then id go again. if i carryed on drinking that heavy id be dead taday. but it wasnt me belive of god that made me stop drinking, it was me love of dogs and ferrets. hunthing kepth me mind offa beers and kepth me busy. whenever i got board or wanted a drink id go off down the fields with the dogs. so only for my love of hunthing id be dead taday or living with serious health problems. these days i only drinks about once a month. ya need a drink every now and again lol.

Totally, we have used up our natural resources, over populated the planet and im sure we are on the downward spiral into extinction, regardless of medical breakthroughs we are rapidly running out of territory, we have decimated and made extinct various species, we have upset the natural order, introduced species where they shouldn't be and caused environmental problems. Our desire for oil has caused enviromental disasters, we have attacked the ozone layer, polluted the air and made it poisonous and as you say, natural evolution has been our own worst enemy............but saying that i enjoy my 4x4, plasma tv, deoderant and dodo butties :laugh:

everyone thinks david ike is a complete nutter with his tales of reptiles from another planet but his beleifs are no more stupid than any other religeon its funny how some people ,choose to beleive one crock of shite and yet dispel all others,

everyone thinks david ike is a complete nutter with his tales of reptiles from another planet but his beleifs are no more stupid than any other religeon its funny how some people ,choose to beleive one crock of shite and yet dispel all others,

Yes BUT David Ike ruined his reputation, not by his beliefs but his propesnisty to wear shell suits................