Pups been attacked pretty badly

Really hope your pups OK Ethyl.

Having owned 3 Akita's over the years i do like the breed BUT they are dog & people aggressive (to strangers) they also give no warning such as bark/growl before they attack. They are a serious guarding breed for experienced (& responsible) dog owners only, should never be let off lead EVER imo!

Any dog surviving an Akita attack is lucky because they have incredibly strong jaws and have even been known to be used for fighting because of this.

My second Akita dog had a fight with a GSD & Rotty. I had my dog on the lead and was taking him for a walk when some drunk nutter started yelling at me like he knew me and was offensive, i walked the other way with my dog who was now getting very highly strung so i moved away with him. This nutter followed us and then released his 2 dogs (GSD & a Rotty) who came charging at us. Akita reared up on hind legs like a bear and dropped straight down on the GSD, 1 bite through top of skull and he killed the GSD. The Rotty did back off and the drunk grabbed it before he lost both dogs.

Even though i wasn't at fault in this incident it shook me up, no-one wants to see a dog hurt and i kept the Akita muzzled when out for a walk after this just incase an innocent dog ran up to him in future. It proved to me that they may not be the biggest dogs but they are extremely powerful.

If you know the owner of this dog i agree he/she should be reported because thier dog is a danger to others and the owner is not acting responsibly. It seriously could be a person or child next time, especially with this breed!

sounds a great breed to own.why the f**k would you wanna own such a liability

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same thing happened to me when my beddy was about 5 month old Akita got hold of him after it gave him a good chewing he got loose and ran away the bloke and his wife thought it was funny and were laug

and what does the bull x learn getting mauled and wanting to fight every dog it sees grow up , the first thing my dogs learn is no fighting

I hope the pup gets better soon. As for akitas all bein the same and not being alowed off the lead ive never heared such rubbish if brought up right akitas can be fantastic. One story that springs to

Posted Images

sounds a great breed to own.why the f**k would you wanna own such a liability

Like anything else, in the right hands they are a great dog, very loyal & protective. Same as with most things, the few idiots give everyone else a bad name.

id f*****g shoot it , horrible f****r then smash the geeza ..... this kind of thing really fucks me off

dont talk daft ! id shoot it etc some sh*te gets typed on this site :no: i hope the pup is ok cold eth

thats bollocks mate , if that dog attacked my pup and seriously damaged it for no reason , it would cop it one way or another !! and if the bloke stood and laughed id hurt him aswell im no wannabe hardman etc i just cant stand for this bollocks , i own two bull terriers and this type of things causes them to have one of the worst reputations even to get banned , and put to sleep for no reason ....twat

Guest born to run1083

I've been around Akitas for years, most family own them for security, they all have a tendency to not really get on with strange dogs and like some greyhounds thry hate small dogs so pups to them are lunch, they have a very high prey drive, before Japan made them there native good luck charm they used to have a hunting heritage and the dominant drive still comes through strong. gutted about what's happened and sorry for the history lesson but it's not the dogs fault it's the owners and as said your very lucky an Akita bite to such a small animal is lucky not to be fatal

Edited by born to run1083

Had her at the vets and theyre having her back this morning for an x ray to make sure her skull is fine vet says shes really really lucky to be in one piece,The f****r has also knocked a fair few of her nipping teeth flat the holes that she has should heal fine bu her head is swollen badly on one side and she was in an incredible amount of pain she couldnt even drink or yawn so they gave her some pain relief and some antibiotc in a jab to help her a bit and i made her some scrambled egg and she managed that eventually.I found out who he is by chapping doors last night i had a rough idea where he stays anyway and had a really big arguement with him he will not pay my vets bills and i can shove them in a plesant place his dog will kill me blah blah blah hes gonna kick my head in the usual bravado male crap.Police are now involved transpires his dog wrecked a lab a few weeks back round here as well.His dog got bitten of one of mine and hes not happy and wants me to cover his bills :blink::censored: Tried explaining mine were on a lead you tit and your dog just flew at mine as soon as it seen it and started throwing it about not my fault you dont know how to use a collar and lead.So going to let a few guys go round and speak to him cos clearly i wasnt going to get anywhere my pups a nervous wreck now and my kids were in a terrible state thanks to his precious dog.I personally think the dog should be removed from him at the very least cos he clearly likes that his dogs so agressive and theres no talking to him at all and he clearly has no control of it either i could have let my two big dogs have it but then id be no better than him and its not the dogs fault its the owner in my opinion he knows it should have a lead at very least and doesnt use one cant blame the dog really.The poor pups been sat on my chest all night shes badly bruised and clearly shook up my two ran up to her when we came back last night and she was screaming and shaking like a leaf the other two couldnt understand what they had done shes better now and will know more after todays visit to the vets.The reason i posted here was i couldnt get the vet to start with and was flapping ive never seen a dogs head swell like that before and with her being a pup as well i was really worried about her head she cant open here eye much on the left side still and its gunky but shes alive if this dog had grabbed her neck she wouldnt have been as shes quite petite just hope this doesnt change her too much cos she was a really happy confident little pup till yesterday hoping as shes still so young i will be able to teach her this isnt how most dogs act.

• Like 1

sorrry to hear about the pup,but if an akita grabbed a young pup aggressivly,then i dont believe the pup would survive the bite! Sounds like you were lucky in that respect,Hope the pup recovers quickly

That was why i was so worried theyre built to damage things he did nothing wouldnt even take hold of his dog he clearly is weary of it himself i got hold of it my pup was running in circles screaming the place down lucky enough a neighbour came out as well.The pups a mess though and i have a huge vets bill sitting here im insured so they told me to phone the police as well as they will pursue him if they see fit for recompense.The guy uses his dog as some sort of penis extension his dog can kill everything and anything sort of crap i hope they do something cos this very well could be a kid that cops it if you know your dogs going to run in a fight with anything you put it on a lead you dont walk around with it free as a bird and let it do these sorts of things he wont get away with this that you can rest assured on

Dont know anything about them, what do they look like, I take it they are not banned in Britain, but after reading the posts, if not banned, the questions has to be why not.

Hope your pup recovers,itst thing a Pup needs,

Slightly away from the subject my Town is overrun with staffies, I suppose everywhere will be the same, most are okay, but still a bit wary, when out with the Pup.

Theres loads of them round here and staffies and tbh id take the staffy anyday before an akita.I dont like them ive worked with them had a few here on foster and i dont trust them dont ask me why just dont like them never have.I find it disturbing that the dog just flies in doesnt even sniff nothing just straight into battle yesterday nothing in between.Pups eyes really bugging her now just cleaned it up again but shes sore and doesnt want to be touched for obvious reasons so will leave her be till we see the vet this morning see what they say i hope her eye isnt damaged.Banning the breed will just make people want them more but a few more controls wouldnt go a miss like a muzzle and lead or making it clear to the owners of them that if theyre dog is going around attacking other dogs or whatever for no good reason then they will have their dog removed and destroyed and they will face the penalties as well.This tit in particualr takes no responsibility whatsoever and seems to revel in the fact his dog is indeed dangerous as hell.Hes clearly not much of a man if he has to hide behind his dog even when facing a women ffs.The most important thing right now is the pup and once shes sorted he will regret the day he met me i will go out of my way to make sure he suffers as much as my pup and kids did My kids where a wreck yesterday as well not something you want kids to see really is their pup getting ragdolled and all the swearing and arguing as well.