Pups been attacked pretty badly

post-32131-0-51987700-1313676974.jpg

post-32131-0-13991800-1313676940.jpg

Just a few crappy ones of my phone she keeps coming right up to me when i go to her lol plus she doesnt like being messed with just now tried to get a pic of her bottom jaw inside as you can see the bruising and her broken teeth there she lost a few top ones as well not that it matters as they will be coming out soon anyways

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same thing happened to me when my beddy was about 5 month old Akita got hold of him after it gave him a good chewing he got loose and ran away the bloke and his wife thought it was funny and were laug

and what does the bull x learn getting mauled and wanting to fight every dog it sees grow up , the first thing my dogs learn is no fighting

I hope the pup gets better soon. As for akitas all bein the same and not being alowed off the lead ive never heared such rubbish if brought up right akitas can be fantastic. One story that springs to

Posted Images

Guest born to run1083

Just a few crappy ones of my phone she keeps coming right up to me when i go to her lol plus she doesnt like being messed with just now tried to get a pic of her bottom jaw inside as you can see the bruising and her broken teeth there she lost a few top ones as well not that it matters as they will be coming out soon anyways

she looks like and english bull terrier pup now due to swelling

mate your 100% correct most Akitas I've been around are great, yeah you have to be on your toes just incase due to there dominance and protective sides to the family, like said there's a famous Akita in Japan that shows there loving nature. every day the dog used to walk to the train station with his owner and would walk him self home , then towards the end of the day would return to the station to await for his owner. he did this every day with out fail. he was a loyal family dog, think walt disney have made a film on him and like said Akitas are meant to being good fortune to your home and family by having one. they just can't be owned by fools they need experienced owners who know how to handle there drives and dominance

That famous akita was called Hachiko, he went to the trainstation everyday for 9 years in the hope of meeting his master off the train. He died of cancer still waiting for his masters return. I cant imagine loyalty like that...

Ive got friends that used to have akitas and they have had their dogs bowed to by japanese tourists. They didnt have a clue why untill they looked deeper into the breeds cultutral history.

• Like 1
Guest born to run1083

I want to watch that film :) i think its going to get worst because more people are getting akitas instead of risking getting there pitbull took off them. As theres alway idiots selling them. I saw some akita cross irish staffs forsale the other day £700 what a nightmare.

aye its crazy the prices of pups now a days just for a mungrel, the films called a dogs tale, i had to google it to see if it had been made yet lol

heres the statue to remember him hes called hachicko. the stories famous in japan and alot of other countries

post-60473-0-66752500-1313677847.jpg

mate your 100% correct most Akitas I've been around are great, yeah you have to be on your toes just incase due to there dominance and protective sides to the family, like said there's a famous Akita in Japan that shows there loving nature. every day the dog used to walk to the train station with his owner and would walk him self home , then towards the end of the day would return to the station to await for his owner. he did this every day with out fail. he was a loyal family dog, think walt disney have made a film on him and like said Akitas are meant to being good fortune to your home and family by having one. they just can't be owned by fools they need experienced owners who know how to handle there drives and dominance

That famous akita was called Hachiko, he went to the trainstation everyday for 9 years in the hope of meeting his master off the train. He died of cancer still waiting for his masters return. I cant imagine loyalty like that...

Ive got friends that used to have akitas and they have had their dogs bowed to by japanese tourists. They didnt have a clue why untill they looked deeper into the breeds cultutral history.

Nice story...but is that true? sounds a bit like an urban myth to me to be perfectly honest!

Guest born to run1083

thats it mate i was told the story when was in japan and during converstaions just asked what there native dog was and got told the above what ive been posting on. shame stuff like this happens as there a great breed just being dragged down since the ban of the pit as posted there becoming more and more popular of choice

She looks bloody awful in the flesh she normally looks kind of like an italian greyhound feature wise her muzzles massive and her head it was only on one side to start with and as the night wore on it spread a bit more but its only temporary at least

Nice story...but is that true? sounds a bit like an urban myth to me to be perfectly honest!

Make your own mind up;

"That same year, one of Ueno's students (who had become an amateur expert on the Akita breed) saw the dog at the station and followed him to the Kobayashi home (the home of the former gardener of Professor Ueno — Kikuzaboro Kobayashi[3]) where he learned the history of Hachikō's life. Shortly after this meeting, the former student published a documented census of Akitas in Japan. His research found only 30 purebred Akitas remaining, including Hachikō from Shibuya Station.

He returned frequently to visit the dog and over the years published several articles about Hachikō's remarkable loyalty. In 1932 one of these articles, published in Tokyo Asahi Shimbun, threw the dog into the national spotlight. Hachikō became a national sensation. His faithfulness to his master's memory impressed the people of Japan as a spirit of family loyalty all should strive to achieve. Teachers and parents used Hachikō's vigil as an example for children to follow. A well-known Japanese artist rendered a sculpture of the dog, and throughout the country a new awareness of the Akita breed grew.

Eventually, Hachikō's legendary faithfulness became a national symbol of loyalty."

Taken from; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

Well first sorry to hear about the pup but is it not about time you started walking your dogs in a different place? How many dog fights have you been involved in now?

• Like 1
Guest born to run1083

very true mate, hence the statue at the very station he used to wait at. akitas have always been in japans history and there are loads of other authentic tales of things like this happening, most stories are when they used to join hunters and fend of bears and other predators even if meant sacrificing them selves not many breeds have such a strong heritage and remain part of the culture and beliefs

Guest born to run1083

She looks bloody awful in the flesh she normally looks kind of like an italian greyhound feature wise her muzzles massive and her head it was only on one side to start with and as the night wore on it spread a bit more but its only temporary at least

shes took a good blow off him, hope it doesnt knock her back to much. probly take a while for the sewlling alone to come down

very true mate, hence the statue at the very station he used to wait at. akitas have always been in japans history and there are loads of other authentic tales of things like this happening, most stories are when they used to join hunters and fend of bears and other predators even if meant sacrificing them selves not many breeds have such a strong heritage and remain part of the culture and beliefs

that's both amazing and tragic at the same time!

It's the same with any breed with a bit of power, whether Akitas, Pitbulls, Rotties, GSDs, anything really.....doesn't matter how well bred, how much potential the breed has, how intellegent it is, how biddable it could be, if you put a bell end on the other end of the lead you're going to end up with a liability that does absolutely nothing for the reputation of the breed.

• Like 1
Guest born to run1083

that's both amazing and tragic at the same time!

It's the same with any breed with a bit of power, whether Akitas, Pitbulls, Rotties, GSDs, anything really.....doesn't matter how well bred, how much potential the breed has, how intellegent it is, how biddable it could be, if you put a bell end on the other end of the lead you're going to end up with a liability that does absolutely nothing for the reputation of the breed.

very well said

shes took a good blow off him, hope it doesnt knock her back to much. probly take a while for the sewlling alone to come down

Shes a bit weary around here but was fine round the vets with other dogs coming and going so hoping time will cure all she was lucky it was sorted asap a few seconds longer god only knows

Well first sorry to hear about the pup but is it not about time you started walking your dogs in a different place? How many dog fights have you been involved in now?

It happened just outside the front of my house the guy lives locally ive been trying to move for ages mate hate this place tbh not one sensible dog owner around here all silly arseholes who walk around with the lead hanging off their neck or shoulders instead of on the dog.Not much i can do about it at the moment i need a bigger house but they dont come up often around this place