Hancock dogs?

its funny this site most of the people who put pups for sale or mention breading there dogs get ripped for a few reasons

• dog not old enough to be tested
  • you cant use a track gray as they are not workers
  • only ever by a pup from proven working stock that has seen a good few seasons graft

now are all hancocks dogs and bitches well proven working stock??

No they not from working parents but they're not claimed to be..........I've not seen a Hancock dog that given the right training hasn't turned into a decent rabbiting dog,all aspects of rabbiting.I've also owned some very decent dogs for other stuff pre-ban. :thumbs:

why would anyone want to by a pup from pets (litter dogs)to work when they are loads of pups bred from good working stock? now if you wanted a pet then fair enuf but a worker ???? there are better pups for sale every week

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this subject always gets people fighting and bickering as a one time owner of hancock bred dogs i can say that the man is true to his word and only breeds what he believes are going to be good dogs

Try leaving you pc for a bit instead of spouting the same old shit

You've fair come on in a year.

its funny this site most of the people who put pups for sale or mention breading there dogs get ripped for a few reasons

• only ever by a pup from proven working stock that has seen a good few seasons graft

No they not from working parents but they're not claimed to be..........I've not seen a Hancock dog that given the right training hasn't turned into a decent rabbiting dog,all aspects of rabbiting.I've also owned some very decent dogs for other stuff pre-ban. :thumbs:

why would anyone want to by a pup from pets (litter dogs)to work when they are loads of pups bred from good working stock?

Not saying they should mate but to label them all pot-lickers is a little short-sighted imo.

Just for the record, i KNOW he breeds / has bred some very good dogs, the quality of the dogs isn't my issue, it's just that the man keeps dogs soley to breed, most of them never feel grass under their feet and are just used to pump out as many pups as possible.

why would anyone want to by a pup from pets (litter dogs)to work when they are loads of pups bred from good working stock?

Not saying they should mate but to label them all pot-lickers is a little short-sighted imo.

true. i can not comment on all just the ones ive seen with my own eyes. some of them were crap dogs and some didnt have a chance with the owners they had. but if you asked them they would blame the dogs :wallbash:. ive got a bullx here that is not dooing so well she is good on rabbits but she is crap single hand with teeth but that is because of the way i entered her not the dogs fault. shame realy as i do like the dog im going to see how she copes this season and if she is still the same then she will have to go witch is not what a want as i bred her my self.

true. i can not comment on all just the ones ive seen with my own eyes. some of them were crap dogs and some didnt have a chance with the owners they had. but if you asked them they would blame the dogs :wallbash:. ive got a bullx here that is not dooing so well she is good on rabbits but she is crap single hand with teeth but that is because of the way i entered her not the dogs fault. shame realy as i do like the dog im going to see how she copes this season and if she is still the same then she will have to go witch is not what a want as i bred her my self.

Too true mate when it's a bad dog it's all too often the dogs fault when thats very often not the case..........good luck with your bitch. :thumbs:

Too true mate when it's a bad dog it's all too often the dogs fault when thats very often not the case..........good luck with your bitch. :thumbs:

how many work men who do a bad job blame their tools

how many work men who do a bad job blame their tools

if you read my post properly you will read that i have said it is not the dog it is the way i have entered her. i know full well were I have gone wrong with her. but thanks for your input

Edited by hullhunter

I run to dogs a 5/8 3/8 bull grey and a 1st cross thanks why it concerns you I'd like to no as the topic asked views on hancocks not what I run ,

You have to run two dogs that first x will be as slow as a week in the jail...bet you wear trackies and white trainers as well :whistling:

Undisputed , do us all a favour and go eat some more road kill you muppet , horses for corses and what would you no about my dogs we don't al run rabbits like you do your just a keyboard warrior , and what difference does it make what I wear??? just for the record the topic says hancock dogs correct and your input on this topic is aabout as much use as a chocolae fireguard now go watch jeremy kyle with your tribe of inbreeds

......has eney of you hancock lads ask him to take a pup back or swap one ???? .and i bet this Q dont get a honest answer ... but if thats the standard of dog you lads are happy with crack on ............it your cash at the end of the day ....so have fun with them :laugh:

i had to have a look through this to see whats being said and its the same old but were some of you guys get off is beyond me,how the fek do you keep and run three and four dogs,why would you need that amount?,yous seem to think your good dogmen the more ye keep,your no better than dog dealers you selves.

Edited by doga

I run to dogs a 5/8 3/8 bull grey and a 1st cross thanks why it concerns you I'd like to no as the topic asked views on hancocks not what I run ,

You have to run two dogs that first x will be as slow as a week in the jail...bet you wear trackies and white trainers as well :whistling:

:laugh: so all half cross bull lurchers are slow, is top speed everything in a lurcher ?? surely if it was not many folks would keep half cross collies either because they are not exactly speed machines either are they and saying every bull cross owner wears trackies and trainers as well :laugh: thats like saying every collie cross owner wears rolled down wellies a flat cap and a lumber jack shirt :laugh: get a grip fella its obvious ye keep hancock dogs and just because someone says there poor or aint seen a good 1 ye dont have to play the stero type card,ive owned a hancock dog and never will again it was very poor and ive seen a few work and they were either poor or average at best am sure there is some good ones out there but i am pretty sure theres not many and the ones that are have been a result of good entering of decent dog men as ye can hardly say its in the breeding with hancock as even the man himself will tell ye its not,they are not tested workers or line bred worker to worker and i do belive those factors contribute to a high percentage of litter wasteage or poor workers if ye will and before any of ye collie/grey boys wanna jump on and say its because i am a bull/grey owner etc ye wrong i dont own a bull/greyhound i am simply saying it as i see it :thumbs:

• Like 2

......has eney of you hancock lads ask him to take a pup back or swap one ???? .and i bet this Q dont get a honest answer ... but if thats the standard of dog you lads are happy with crack on ............it your cash at the end of the day ....so have fun with them :laugh:

yes i have ,, i had a pup from him in the 80,s it had a problem with its shoulder at about 7 months old turned out to be a degenarative form of arthritis .. i had the pup pts got a report from the vet in coleshill, demanded another pup from him and he gave me one . a bitch sh was fine and a good worker 1/2 cross collie /grey ;) also i had a 5/8 3/8 dog died at 5 auto imune syndrome .. .. bad luck/// or dodgy breeding take your pick!!!!

Edited by riohog