Bored of it all

The last few weeks ive found myself being bored while out shooting, this has never happened before, ive always been happiest sat at one of my permissions with my rifle, watching all the wildlife and seeing things you only get to see when cammo'd up and keeping still, But it seems to have lost abit of its appeal, so if anybody is interested in my rifle,scope,bipod etc etc give me a p.m or look out for it all in the for sale section, ill no doubt end up having to buy all new gear when i start missing it in a few months

Atb peter

Don't do it Millsy! Put it up for a few weeks, book a few boat trips out from Whitby, take up fossil hunting, train spotting, coarse fishing even, but don't sell your gear, give it a few weeks and you can then take it out again as it will still be there!

Hi Peter,

Gutted you feel like that mate. My sugestion would be maybe a change within the sport. Something like getting accross to a club and trying HFT. I did this a few years ago and now im hooked. I compete in the nationals now and have a good laugh on the way round the course. Im always competing against myself to better my scores and firmly believe Im a much better shot for it. The added bonus is with your Air Ranger and MTC scope you have the perfect rig already so dont need to splash out.

Here is a link of a map with clubs accross the country.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112142807175534929647.00045e31fb75cceda1318&ll=55.053203,-1.757812&spn=9.638755,33.815918&t=h&z=6

Just a thought mate, would be a shame to see you not contributing to the forum.

Kind Regards,

Mikey.

you'll regret it mate...

alternately, you should give your rifle to a well deserving cause, such as the 'wurz'd like a daystate, even though its not a springer, but wouldnt pay out the kind of money that theyre asking society' and then you'll feel much better about the whole affair, rather than feeling guilty that you flogged a once cherished tool :thumbs:

cheers, wurz

This is one of those passing phases Peter. Even I can't be arsed sometimes; especially at the moment on my permission as it seems bloody dead of anything to shoot at the moment but, you get the bit between your teeth to be out again. Put your guns away and do something else for a while. You'll come back at some point.

ATB

Simon

Dont do it mate it takes a while to acquire gear your happy with just put it away and let it sit till your ready to come back . I find a good month off during the summer makes all the differnce as going lamping just nows like a night shift as your no finishing till 4/5 am

Try 'hunting', i can see how all this sitting about waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, in full camo, in the baking sun, to shoot a 6 inch kit could get a bit dull.

But like has been said, no point selling it all if you don't need the money, you will just lose cash and lose it again when you re-buy.

Take the summer off to do other shit and return with a fury in September.

my air rifle is shelved at the moment as i have nowhere to go with it, that and the pup gets all my spare time at the moment, also dont need permission to walk the dog, the rifle will allways be there when i want it.

Its doing my head in not getting out with it, but it will be good when i do.

When its gone you will want it again, like a fit bird after you jogged her on the morning after lol

have a break but you'l be back for sure, keep hold of it, atleast show your face at your permissions there worth more than anything.

Personaly i think your just having a funny 5mins lol

.atb. .ste.

my mates constantly kicking his self about selling up, and now he's on about buying his third rifle, which'll probably end up been sold for next to nowt when the weather turns or he's short of a few quid. Fcensored.gifk that for a game of soldiers, I'd rather have my rifle sat in a corner gathering dust than not have it at all, saying that, buying it was a one off and it'll be a fair while before i could replace it. as said before just give it a break for a bit, unless moneys no object and you can actually afford to just nip out and buy it all again if you wanted to.

I've done that with many hobbies mate...... Sold up only to go buy the gear all over again..... And it works out costing more!!!

Should you decide to wrap it all up me n wor kid will look after your permissions for you.... That way there all yours should you decide to be "bitten" again!!

Darryl