ferret attacked by fox

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dread to think the pain this poor jill will be in. I find it unbelievable reading this, but nothing surprises me on here anymore. If you keep any animal you have a duty of care to provide it with me

FOR FUCKSAKE!!   The wee bugger has a leg off, and yer on here asking us what to do,, get a f****n grip man!! take the beast teh a vet sharpish and stop being a clown,, jeez,, yeh see it all on the

im sorry but i dont see how she is missing a leg if you say there is no damage to the hutch/court......im pretty sure that most ferrets that fealt as threatend as yours must have done they would just

went out this morning and see mr charlie sitting in my back garden it saw me and ran away. checked my ferret cages there was no sign of any damage to the cages but when i got in from work i noticed my best working jill was missing a leg. ive had to take away her kits because she had stopped feeding them and the mrs's is hand rearing them. ive been cleaning the wound regularily and she seems to be ok moving around lots and still eating fine has anyone got any tips on helping it to heal??

I fetched a young ferret on with goats milk it was o.k. so youv got a good chance with the young.

THERES SOME SOFT PEOPLE ON HERE !

dont get me wrong its a real shame what happened to the jill ferret but what use is a 3 legged ferret?

its no use as a worker or to itself. dont waste your money on vets bills theve got anoth money already. I would have delt with the jill to stop any further suffering instantlie on discovering such a serve injury.

if people on here actually carry out "work" with there ferrets with it being a hunting site and all they should have dispatched plenty of animals and if you can kill a healthy rabbit you should have no moral or practical problem doing the same to a disabled ferret.

there is either a lot of pet cuddlers on here or if you really do work ferrets MAN UP.

• Like 1
:thumbdown: im sorry but i dont see how she is missing a leg if you say there is no damage to the hutch/court......im pretty sure that most ferrets that fealt as threatend as yours must have done they would just back into a corner and hiss! now look in the mirror and give yourself a slap and do what is right by the poor little shit she must be in agony.
  • Like 2

yep sounds like charlie heard the squeels maybe the ferret got caught up in sumit in the hutch . if your gona keep it as a pet get it to the vet ,if not ? .it may go back to the kitts after it gets treated

went out this morning and see mr charlie sitting in my back garden it saw me and ran away. checked my ferret cages there was no sign of any damage to the cages but when i got in from work i noticed my best working jill was missing a leg. ive had to take away her kits because she had stopped feeding them and the mrs's is hand rearing them. ive been cleaning the wound regularily and she seems to be ok moving around lots and still eating fine has anyone got any tips on helping it to heal??

I fetched a young ferret on with goats milk it was o.k. so youv got a good chance with the young.

THERES SOME SOFT PEOPLE ON HERE !

dont get me wrong its a real shame what happened to the jill ferret but what use is a 3 legged ferret?

its no use as a worker or to itself. dont waste your money on vets bills theve got anoth money already. I would have delt with the jill to stop any further suffering instantlie on discovering such a serve injury.

if people on here actually carry out "work" with there ferrets with it being a hunting site and all they should have dispatched plenty of animals and if you can kill a healthy rabbit you should have no moral or practical problem doing the same to a disabled ferret.

there is either a lot of pet cuddlers on here or if you really do work ferrets MAN UP.

I can see your point but it was just the fact that the div come on the computer first like you said a 3 legged ferret is no good for work

he should have just delt with her as soon as he noticed it i thinck it was just the way he posted it common sense is vets or knock her on the head :thumbs:

• Like 1

wel for all you twat that fort i was being a c**t iv just got back from the vets and he said iv done a good job of keeping it clean he is stitching her up and puting her on antis and he thinks she will be ok.the kits are 3weeks old and they are doing realy well

wel for all you twat that fort i was being a c**t iv just got back from the vets and he said iv done a good job of keeping it clean he is stitching her up and puting her on antis and he thinks she will be ok.the kits are 3weeks old and they are doing realy well

So why didn't you just post that you were going to the vets this morning ? at 3 weaks you can start them on meat mate I smash it up with the meat cleaver first what

ilk are you feeding them ? I would get lactol but water it a bit more for them

get some meat in with the kits and keep up the hand feeding you might save a few .Did the vet say anything about keeping the jill away or in with the kits ??.

good to hear you got her to the vets,,,that woulda been first n foremost in most of the people on here,,,,,,except of course baldrocks bollocks or watever his name is,,,,his answer to everything in to knock it on the f@kin head,,, :wallbash: ,,,seeing as you didnt do this and the jill now seems to be on the up,,,,,you can see how stupid the idea is to cull it,,,just coz it cant work,,it dont mean you should kill it,,shes as you say your best worker,,,shes worked her little heart out for you,,,seems right that you owe it to her to do look after her,,,if you dont want her,,,il have her

• Like 1

I cant quite believe you havent taken a ferret with a missing leg to the vets :icon_eek:

aye kays right,the kits will also need a healthly mum.good to see you finaly got to the vets

now were all the twats :doh: ---- would you have gone to the vets if you had`nt of had twats telling you to ?? or would you have just kept cleaning it ?? :hmm:

Cant understand when people ask questions why there is so much abuse,i think some people on here are so damn elitist it's untrue,think they know everything and think they got the right to be judge and jury,why can't people just give advice and be a bit more friendlier,after all we all started knowing nothing and i think the people who do know their stuff should help educate the one's that don't,even sometimes if it may be what they consider a silly question otherwise we just gonna scare all the new starters/youngsters away.

Edited by pmatty77
  • Like 1